Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 Oct 20, 08:04 AM  
Link to this Post
eaglesrest
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
I’m meant to be going next summer- will be a bummer if not open. Was going to book Grand Californian. Seems crazy, suspect will change.
Same here. Was going to walk 2 x 1-bedrooms for August. Doesn't look like it's going to be necessary.

I'm sure it'll be open by summer 21 and hopefully at >25% capacity.

Maybe with all this time to prepare, they'll have a proper fastpass system available, with perks for onsite guests.
eaglesrest is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 20, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Looks like we will be planning a different honeymoon Disneyland was a big part of it, as was Hawaii which I’m not confident will be back to any sort of normality by next June either!
Luckily we’d held off booking anything because of covid.

Really feel for all of the workers. It must be awful waiting and waiting.
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 20, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

We are in the area next August. We intend a single day in Universal and a 1/2 to 2/3 day in Warner Bros Studios.. Certainly no Disney. We have visited the area before and in any case, I believe that Universal will be largely similar to the Orlando offering. I could take it or leave it.

Our vacation was planned in the expectation that there would be issues with the theme parks and therefore they form a tiny part of a greater whole. This will be our 11th USA visit in 15 years and we are just a little bit ‘theme parked out’.

Flexibility is the key to anything and in the event that Universal is closed (less likely Warner Bros imho), then we will pop down and see Laurel Canyon (I like 1960s, 70s LA music) and possibly USS Iowa. There are always alternatives to theme parks and in any case, they are not the reason that we are in the area, rather SFO, Monterey, Pismo, Solvang, Pima and AMARC, Tombstone, Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam and Las Vegas.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 10:49 AM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 20, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

We are going in September and have planned 1 day at the beginning for Disneyland and while I will be disappointed if we don’t get we will just tweak the beginning of our holiday around. We are heading to Vegas after our 2 nights in Anaheim so we would go there a day earlier and maybe go up to monument valley before our night in Sedona or something along those line’s.
Sandraoh40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 20, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
cheekytink
VIP Dibber

cheekytink's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
We have flights booked to SFO and out of LAX in July 2021. We have planned to visit DL and DCA but will work out another plan if there is no option to visit.
It just means we have to return!
We are due to go to Hawai'i too, but that is being planned flexibly if needed.
Just happy to have flights booked and something to plan around.

Been to DLP 40+ times?
Yes... Yes I have.

DLP: 92,93,94 (twice), 95, 96, 98, 99, 00 (twice), 01,02,03, 05, 06 (twice) 07, 09, 10 (twice), 11, 12, 14, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 (twice) 19 (x 4!), 2022 x2 .

WDW 94,96, 99, 10,11, 13, 14,15,17,18,19, 22 x2, 23 x4 and 24 booked x3 (so far!)
Solo visitor lover and DCL 2023 on the Disney Wish
DL 93
cheekytink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 20, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We are unsure what we would do, we have moved this summers cancelled trip to next summer and plan to end with 3 days in Disney after a day in universal and a visit to Warner bros studios. If we can’t visit the parks we will be gutted as DS is now 19 and will turn 20 on the trip and is so keen to do the parks. If it was Orlando where we have visited many times I would happily just have a break and do the parks another time but this was our first west coast trip and most likely our only one with DS given his age. As it’s booked pretty flexibly I guess we will assess it and decide nearer the time.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 20, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Andi
VIP Dibber

I have booked flights, Aulani and Grand Californian for end of March into early April for my DD’s Honeymoon.

DVC - Animal Kingdom Lodge

International Drive 2002, All Star Movies 2005, Renaissance at Seaworld 2008, Rosen Plaza & POFQ 2010, Saratoga Springs Resort 2012, Hotel New York DLP 2013, Rosen Plaza and Old Key West 2014, AKL, BLT & SSR July 2015, Crowne Plaza NYC, AKL, Cabana Bay, AKL Nov 2017, Crowne Plaza NYC April 2018, Rosen Plaza, AKL and GFV August 2018, Australia Nov 2018, RCI Cruise August 2019, Rosen Plaza, Pop Century August 2022
Andi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 20, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Andi View Post
I have booked flights, Aulani and Grand Californian for end of March into early April for my DD’s Honeymoon.
On a Credit card, with an airline that has shown integrity re Covid refunds, is fiscally stable and with decent cancellation terms?

Great news for you all.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 20, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Vertigo
Excited about Disney

we are looking to push ours one year exactly. we should have gone yesterday.

slight re-jig of plans in that we are likely now to fly in to San Diego and spend a few days there before driving up to LA ands doing the touristy things and finally ending with 5 days in annaheim and flying back from LAX.

Now i have not spent anything this year on holidays (lost a deposit or two though, nothing massive) so i want to treat the family to Business class home in the hope that i might for once sleep on a plane!

but doing dummy bookings on BA holidays, its been impossible to have separate class flights out and back. I can't afford Business both ways... im not Rockerfeller

But i can do it flight only, then add accommodation but then my hotel does not appear in the choices! so ive given up for now.

anyway, cant book yet, so i will worry about all that later.
Vertigo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List