Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 1 May 17, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
LN89
VIP Dibber

C&L Bangkok, Elephant Hills & Phuket adventure - March 2017 - Days 11 & 12 - More Phuket

Day 11 and 12 – more Phuket

I woke up early again but managed to get back to sleep. We got up, went to breakfast and then headed to the pool to relax. The breakfast at the hotel was brilliant and there was so much choice, but I had got to the stage where I was a bit fed up of eating so much each day and didn't fancy much so I just stuck to fruit and yoghurt.

We spent most the day relaxing and reading by the pool (and a little gym sessions for me - if you haven't noticed by now I quite like the gym)!

We popped out for lunch, I was in an indecisive mood about what I wanted so we just got a subway, this was 250 baht for two subs. I also got some banana ice cream for 80 baht. I was determined to try a few different flavours of this ice cream .

It had been forecast to rain and in the afternoon we did have a sudden down pour. We stayed by the pool under an umbrella but then the umbrella started to leak so we went to the room. After 5 minutes later it stopped and was clear blue skies again!

The hotel did happy hour so we went to the pool bar and got two Singapore Slings, they were on 241 but had to be the same. This was 280 baht for both.

We went and got ready, we'd been planning to go back to Kata Beach for dinner. We were just about to leave but we realised we had locked ourselves out of the safe . The reception staff were really good and came straight up and unlocked it! We had been planning to see the sunset but we it was pretty cloudy so we got straight in a cab to Kata Beach.

The taxi was 200 baht and we got it to drop us off at the market. This market was huge, but most of the stalls were similar so we wandered round briefly but didn't stop to look at much. We walked along the main road and saw a restaurant that looked really nice called coconut garden so decided to stop for dinner.

Chris ordered a beer and I ordered a wine, the menus never gave options about sizes of wine so it varied but here the glass of wine was huge! We ordered some satay chicken to share for starter and I had friend chicken with garlic and pepper and rice and Chris had a chicken massamam and rice. They also had a salad bar. The bill came to 680 baht. This meal was really good and we loved the restaurant.

We stopped at a bar after and I had a margarita and Chris had a beer, this was 170 baht. A lot of the bars had board games and we played some jenga and connect 4. We then continued our walk and stopped at another bar, we both got a pina colada which was 200 baht for both. Again the bar staff brought out board games! We enjoyed our little bar crawl down Kata Beach. This had a different feel to Karon Beach, I am not sure if I necessarily preferred it but we did like the bars.

After we finished this drink we were feeling pretty tipsy and headed back to Karon Beach. As it would be our last ride in the tuk tuk we asked them to turn on the music. It was pretty loud but it was a fun journey back .

We got back about 10:45 and headed to bed.

Day 12

This was our last day. We'd been planning to have a relax in Phuket after Bangkok and elephant hills but it hadn't actually felt that relaxing with the trips we'd done so it was lovely to spend the last few days by the pool.

We got up and I went to the gym before we headed to breakfast.

The second and third picture was all mine ! I was able to eat far more this morning, having worked up an appetite in the gym!

We spent the morning by the pool then both got a banana and caramel pancake for lunch for 50 baht each. We walked along to a little market before heading back to the hotel for more relaxing by the pool.

There was a downpour for about 10 minutes again this afternoon but other than that the weather was lovely. We stopped at the pool bar again for 241 cocktails and were talking to some couples for quite a while.

We still hadn't found out what time our pick up was the next morning, but we knew it would be early so Chris went to reception. They managed to get hold of the tour company and found out we were being picked up at 6! We got showered and got ready. We bought some honey wine from the honey shop at our Phuket island tour a few days before so we had this on our balcony. It was pretty strong but really nice!

We walked up to this market which we hadn't seen before, this had amazing food stalls and we wished we had visited earlier in the holiday! We got 2 spring rolls, one potato, one shrimp for 20 baht. We looked round before wandering along the street deciding what restaurant to go for dinner in. We decided on one called Ann's which looked nice.

I had a glass of wine and Chris had a beer. We shared some satay to start and I ordered red Thai curry served in a coconut and rice and Chris had fried shark with curry paste and garlic friend rice.

I didn't write down how much this meal came to but think it was roughly what most the other meals were so around 800 baht. The food was amazing, and the extra 50 baht I had paid to have my curry served in a coconut was definitely worth it for novelty value!

We had a last wander round the beach and decided to head back to Two Chefs bar as we'd loved it so much. It was St Patrick's day so it had a different feel and different types of music but that was nice. Chris ordered a litre of beer again and I had a Bahama mama cocktail first then a hurricane (this came in an amazing glass). This came to 650 baht. They gave out apple sours shots for St Patrick's day. We had drunk quite a lot by this point and were feeling very merry so thought the shots were a great idea (we didn't when we were being picked up at 6am the next morning)!

We left about 10:30 and decided to have our last ice cream. I got passion fruit which had been my favourite flavour of the week and Chris had Oreo. This was 80 baht and we took it back to the room.

We ate our ice cream, finished packing and then headed to bed.

Edited at 09:15 PM.
LN89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 17, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

What relaxing days! You did well on the cocktails

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 17, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
LN89
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
What relaxing days! You did well on the cocktails
Haha I know, it was when I was writing the report I realised just how many cocktails I had had! Ops
LN89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 18, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Haha all those cocktails before your early travel day tomorrow, I bet you regretted that in the morning! Fab last day!
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 18, 12:26 AM  
Link to this Post
LN89
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Excitedx4 View Post
Haha all those cocktails before your early travel day tomorrow, I bet you regretted that in the morning! Fab last day!
Yes we certainly did and I think I’ve learnt my lesson about drinking so much before an early flight the next day haha!
Old 11 Mar 18, 02:04 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

We ALWAYS drink too much on our last evening, it's a sign of a great holiday 😁. Painful on travel day though
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 18, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
LN89
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
We ALWAYS drink too much on our last evening, it's a sign of a great holiday 😁. Painful on travel day though
Haha I know I certainly learnt my lesson!
Old 15 May 18, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Lovely few chill days at the end of your holiday, it looks like you had an amazing time over the 12 days.
Old 18 May 18, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
LN89
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Jakey Neverland View Post
Lovely few chill days at the end of your holiday, it looks like you had an amazing time over the 12 days.
Thank you, it was an amazing experience! Loved Thailand