Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 24 May 17, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsClan
Chilling at Carribean Beach

NFL Buccaneers Pre-season Game

My question is, are the pre-season games still worth going to, (Bucs vs Redskins), really wanted to go to soak up the atmosphere, but if the stadium is half empty it will not be the same. Has anyone been to pre-season games and how full are they and what is the atmosphere like.

We are there end of August and first 2 weeks in September. The main season starts Sep 10th, but unfortunately both Bucs and Jaguars are away that date and am not prepared to travel to Miami. That leaves us with the pre-season game on Aug 31st, Bucs vs Redskins.

Regarding price, I have been in touch with a rep via email from ticket office and they will only sell groups of 10+. Also the price is much more from the ticket office than on sites like stubhub. For instance endzone tickets are $80 with ticket office but can buy them for about $20 on resale sites. Was surprised at this.

What seats would you recommend, was thinking Buccaneer Cove Endzone, about half way up. Are these any good?
NatsClan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 17, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
wayner
Excited about Disney

Nope unless it's week 3 of preseason thats when the starters play 3/4 of the game
wayner is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 17, 07:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Beancounter01
Dancing with Tink'

It looks like it is week 4 of preseason. We have bought tickets for this game. I think there was a thread earlier about what to expect in a pre-season game. We wouldn't know the top players from their third rate players! We are just going for the experience. I bought tickets from StarHub (which is a reseller) which have been recommended on here, however I don't get the eticket until the day before the game!
Beancounter01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 17, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
dking2001
Excited about Disney

We went to week 3 pre-season last year. I would say that the stadium was 50-60% capacity max. Atmosphere was still good though, just soak it up and enjoy! Be careful of the backpack policy, they only allow small bags in the stadium (details on Bucs homepage)
dking2001 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 17, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsClan
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Thanks for the replies.

Beancounter01 and dking2001 - what seats did you choose?
NatsClan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 17, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Beancounter01
Dancing with Tink'

Think we are up with the gods! Block 334 upper deck, visitors side. Tickets were pretty cheap, so not too worried about what we can see. We are just going for the experience as DH and DS's haven't even seen an NFL game on TV, let alone been to a game. Someone did say we might be able to move seats later on in the game depending on availability. Not sure whether would be brave enough to do that though! I still need to buy a parking ticket for the game.
Thanks for the heads up regarding small backpack, hadn't even considered that!
Beancounter01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 17, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
HermioneGranger
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

We went in 2015 and really enjoyed it. I'm not an NFL fan but my two friends are and they had a great time even though it was just a pre-season game. It was a good atmosphere and good to people watch all the locals. I would go again.
HermioneGranger is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 17, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
dking2001
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We were middle tier opposite end to the ship about at 5 yard line. Bought tickets off a secondary site (tickpix I think) far cheaper than from official box office.
dking2001 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 17, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

We are thinking of going to this game but have yet to buy tickets. Can we buy when we get there?
We're also concerned about atmosphere and weather after watching last years pre season game on t v where it was torrential rain and a handful of fans
We have got into nfl in a big way last season and would be disappointed if we don't see a game when we are there this year
Old 30 May 17, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
dking2001
Excited about Disney

Had time to dig out our ebooking from last year. Game was on 26/8 and we bought the tickets on 30/7. Bought them on Tickpick as they do not add transaction charges to the seat cost. Details were

Section: 128

Row: T

Price (per seat): $33.00

Quantity: 4