Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 28 Jan 07, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Sue
Imagineer

Sue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 17
We walked over to the Boardwalk, less then ten minutes. It was very busy with queues outside the Big River Grille and ESPN.

There were a few outside Flying Fish, but when we checked in we were informed there would only be a 15-20 minute wait. We went upstairs to the lounge after we were told the pager would work up there. I had my usual Skyberry Martini and Tin a Bud.
Paged at 7pm and shown to a lovely table in what looks like a marqueed area.

The napkins were great:

Our server was Tim and he was very good. Appetisers were:

Me - Ahi Tuna Takasi - served medium-rare (I can eat fish raw but not meat!), with sesame crackers, watabe (? seaweed) and sweet-spicy garlic sauce:

This was fantastic, very spicy and yummy but an awful lot. I ate it all as it was so delicious but began to worry about my main course!

Tin - Peeky-Toe Crabcake with Flying Fish slaw:

He said that this was superb and the best crab cake he had all trip.

Onto the main course:
I ordered the Sauteed Skate Wings with ratatouille and polenta:

These would have been lovely as I like Skate, but the coating was slightly claggy and the portion was huge, no way could I finish it! I had a glass of Pinot Grigio with mine which was lovely.

Tin had the Oak Fired Diver Scallops on butternut squash risotto with wild mushrooms and serrano:

He pronounced this absolutely delicious and ate it all! His wine pairing was a Chardonnay which he said complimented the scallops well.

We both selected the trio of sorbets for dessert as we were feeling very full at this point. The flavours were apple, pear and raspberry - we both left the apple one!

Our server made us laugh as he delivered this and said "someone has said there's a hidden Mickey here, but I can't see it"!
Here is a view of the main restaurant from our quiet area:

We both thought this a lovely restaurant, great atmosphere generally and would definitely eat there again.
The evening was slightly spoiled by having some very loud Americans seated at the next table halfway through our meal "but of course we are NOT tourists". One of the couples had a small child in a high chair who proceeded to throw food at all and sundry (us included) - largely ignored by her mother, who was too busy telling the whole restaurant about her fabulous new house.
How Tin kept his temper I do not know, but we wanted to keep the peace and enjoy our evening - shame these lot were not so considerate!

On the way back to the YC we took the reluctant decision to cancel the manatee swim. Due to the parks being so busy, we have not been in them a lot and it would be an early start (5am), a long day and a 4 hour total drive for me. We thought to give Capt Joe as much notice as possible and rang him that night - he was disappointed but understanding and hopes to see us on a future trip - so do we.
We sat on the balcony, watched Illuminations - fabulous, just could not quite hear the music and worked on our last week's itinerary now we have an additional full day.
Tomorrow, last use of our 14 day Seaworld pass, so off there we will go.

”Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts” - Richard Feynman. Theoretical Physicist

7th Magical Trip - August /September 2008. FOOD & TRIP REPORTS

Route 66 and all that TRIP REPORTS
Sue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 07, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post

Excellent ~ Thanx for sharing
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 07, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List