Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 23 Apr 17, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
LN89
VIP Dibber

C&L Bangkok, Elephant Hills & Phuket adventure - March 2017 - Day 8 - Phuket City Tour

Day 8 - Phuket city tour

I didn't sleep very well but I never do when I've been drinking! We went down for breakfast about 8:30. I was feeling a little hungover, ops !

We went and laid by the pool for a couple of hours, I think I fell asleep for quite a while (in the shade) on the beds by the pool .

We headed out at 12 for lunch as we had a city tour booked for the afternoon. We went to a restaurant called The Living Room near the hotel. I had a red Thai curry and Chris had a pork Penang, both with rice and we both had a coke. We were asked how spicy and we said a little bit, we were glad we did as it was pretty spicy by our standards and we like spicy foods! The curries were amazing though . This came to 410 baht.

We went back to the hotel to get ready for our city tour, we'd chosen the afternoon tour as opposed to a morning one because you got to see the sunset.

We were due to be picked up at 1:15pm but they didn't turn up until 1:35pm. We picked up one other person then were on our way.

We first stopped off at a couple of elephants but we didn't like this . Our next stop was the Big Buddha. We'd looked at visiting this ourselves but a taxi there and back was pretty expensive (it isn't far on straight line distance but to get to it is high up and on lots of winding roads so takes a while). This was pretty impressive, we were given 30 minutes to explore.

The views were pretty amazing from the viewpoint too.

We also saw lots of monkeys on our way back down from the Buddha to the bus! I had one monkey try to grab my hair, I thought it was going for my phone but it started to try to climb on my head and then started playing with my hair .

We went to see a couple of temples, I can't remember the names but they were amazing! I took my new favourite elephant trousers in my back to pull on over my shorts for the temples. It was so hot I didn't want to wear trousers the whole time!

After this we went to both a cashew factory and a honey shop. We then went to a Chinese temple.

Finally we went to a pearl factory, we found this very interesting learning about how they make the pearls. We didn't buy anything but was tempted! We stopped for a drink at the factory as well.

Finally we went to watch the sunset from Karon viewpoint. Our guidebook said this was the best point in Phuket to watch the sunset so we'd wanted to visit it, another reason we wanted to do this tour.

I had got a really yummy mango smoothie! I think this was about 50 baht.

We got back about 7pm. We really enjoyed the tour and definitely thought it was worth it, it was a good way of seeing a lot of the island.

We decided we wanted to just get street food for dinner, Chris got a chicken leg and two pork kebabs for 90 baht. I didn't fancy any of the meat (and I don't really like fish) so I got two pancakes, one caramel and banana and one chocolate and banana for 80 baht. These were fried pancakes and were so good!

We went for a walk along the beach and stopped to get some ice cream, I tried passion fruit and Chris had Oreo, this came to 160 baht for both. This ice cream was so yummy! It melted very quickly though as it was still so hot so we had to eat it quickly!

My super healthy dinner of pancakes and ice cream (I definitely don't eat like that normally so it's fun on holiday)!

We then headed back to the room and went to bed.

Edited at 05:48 PM.
LN89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 17, 06:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

The tour looks interesting - great sunset pictures!

Calories on holidays don't count!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 17, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
LN89
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
The tour looks interesting - great sunset pictures!

Calories on holidays don't count!
Thank you it was such a beautiful sunset
LN89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 18, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Makes a lot of sense to go on the tour than do all these places separately, great idea 😁
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 18, 12:21 AM  
Link to this Post
LN89
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Excitedx4 View Post
Makes a lot of sense to go on the tour than do all these places separately, great idea 😁
Yes definitely recommend if you’re visiting Phuket, we had good fun on the tour.
Old 15 May 18, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Tour looked great another lovely day.
Old 18 May 18, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
LN89
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Jakey Neverland View Post
Tour looked great another lovely day.
Yes, it was a great way to see things. We usually try to do things by ourselves but I’m glad we did the tour.