Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 Aug 17, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Gabblemum
VIP Dibber

Booking through booking.com and the like

I have never booked a hotel or flight etc through any of these sites, always gone directly to the supplier (Hilton, Virgin) etc.

They do "seem" to offer some good deals, so why am I so worried about using them?

I think that you should be able to get it at its cheapest with the supplier directly I guess.

Should I use them?

Do you use them?
Orlando. 2013. Royal Pacific Resort & Villa
Orlando. 2015. Royal Pacific Resort, Animal Kingdon & Villa
Disneyland Paris 2016. Sequoia Lodge - Golden forest Room.

Gabblemum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 17, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
grant_w
Imagineer

grant_w's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
I've used Booking.com for every hotel of our upcoming trip (7 hotels), plus I used them for my Innsbruck trip a couple of years ago, and also in the UK.
Everything has been excellent and I've been able to contact hotels through the website to ask for requests.
grant_w is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 17, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

Mobile

Yes. Have booked with Expedia, Booking.com and Hotwire for this trip. Been using those sites for years and no problems. Just make sure you double check the cancellation policy before booking.
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 17, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
janewah
Getting Excited

We have done all our accommodation bookings through booking.com and hotels.com. Have snapped up some brilliant deals. We did contact one hotel to see if they could match the offer, and they couldn't, but agreed to take off the price of parking which was great. You can also get cash back through Quidco which is a bonus.

WDW: I-Drive - Aug 2008, Animal Kingdom Lodge - Sept 2013, Nov 2014 (engaged! ), Pop Century - Sept 2016, Sept 2018, Sept 2019, April 2022, April 2023, September 2024
NYC & California Honeymoon, Disneyland - Oct 2017
janewah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 17, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
dozy
Imagineer

dozy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
i find booking.com brilliant

dozy does de west... vegas baby
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=886432
dozy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 17, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Gabblemum
VIP Dibber

Thanks for your response. I am finding Hawaiian hotels so much cheaper on Booking.com but so nervous, seems wrong.

Glad to hear you can make request through them though, that's good.

I am only at the pricing stage as you can see from my counter

All really good responses from you though.

@janewah what's Quidco ?
Orlando. 2013. Royal Pacific Resort & Villa
Orlando. 2015. Royal Pacific Resort, Animal Kingdon & Villa
Disneyland Paris 2016. Sequoia Lodge - Golden forest Room.

Gabblemum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 17, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I found to be brillent quick to change things get in contact with hotels etc the same go for travel republic .
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 17, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Lell
Imagineer

Lell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We use booking.com all the time and never had any issues. Really easy if you change your mind and want to cancel.
DLP (Disney Explorers) Sep 2004, DLP (Sequoia Lodge) Sep 2007, Disney CSR/Universal RPR Oct 2010, Disney AKL Oct 2012, Doubletree by Hilton at Seaworld Oct 2014, West Coast Road Trip 2017, Florida Road Trip 2018, West Coast Road Trip 2019, East Coast/Canada Road trip 2022, National Parks Road Trip 2023
Lell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 17, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
janewah
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Gabblemum View Post
@janewah what's Quidco ?
quidco/ it's a cash back site, you register and then if you visit any shop/company through the link on their website you get cash back on your purchases, it's usually a smallish %age but it all adds up. I never shop for anything without checking if I can go through Quidco now!

WDW: I-Drive - Aug 2008, Animal Kingdom Lodge - Sept 2013, Nov 2014 (engaged! ), Pop Century - Sept 2016, Sept 2018, Sept 2019, April 2022, April 2023, September 2024
NYC & California Honeymoon, Disneyland - Oct 2017
janewah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 17, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
COL41
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by janewah View Post
quidco/ it's a cash back site, you register and then if you visit any shop/company through the link on their website you get cash back on your purchases, it's usually a smallish %age but it all adds up. I never shop for anything without checking if I can go through Quidco now!
Worth also registering with Topcashback. Exactly same principle as Quidco but usually one will have a better offer than the other for websites. TCB bought me my duty free Clarins and perfume at Heathrow this year. Got to love getting money for nothing!
2001 DLP hen weekend, 2006 DLP Sequoia Lodge, 2009 Hotel Cheyenne (my 40th), 2012 WDW Orlando & St Petes Beach, 2015 Miami, Orlando & Clearwater. 2017 Miami and Cape Coral 2019 NYC for BFF 50th, 2020 Orlando (cancelled due to Covid ) 2021 NYC with the family
COL41 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List