Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 Oct 18, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Pans
Excited about Disney

Heads up re seat booking/flight changes on VA

I was able to book our seats today for our outbound journey. Very pleased to get economy exit row seats on the top deck. Hopefully these will be worth the extra £59 per person. Whilst doing this I noticed that our flight time had changed from midday to 1005am. We had not been notified by Virgin although they may have done this is in due course. Actually really happy about this as we get to Orlando much earlier and as we are staying overnight at Gatwick it means less time hanging around in the morning. We will also make use of twilight check in.

Anyway worth bearing in mind your flight time may have changed so keep an eye out.

Edited at 10:27 AM.
Pans is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 18, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

but being VA, they may change there mind again
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 18, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
sallybunny
Excited about Disney

I had the same with my flight home from Boston. I went to have a look at seats and saw that the return flight had been changed but no notification from them. It was 30 minutes so not the end of the world but still a bit of a surprise.
Old 18 Oct 18, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
johnb
Imagineer

My understanding is that Virgin Atlantic advise flight changes to whoever made the booking with them. So if you booked direct they advise you. It you booked through an agent (including Virgin Holidays) they advise the agent.
Of course, I expect someone will now post that they booked direct with VA, but weren't advised
johnb is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 18, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
BirdsluvDisney
Apprentice Imagineer

Just want to say, If you have booked row 75 in the bubble they are fantastic seats. We had them this year. Amazing amount of leg room.
Old 18 Oct 18, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

This is normal for Virgin. Speaking from experience.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 18, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by johnb View Post
My understanding is that Virgin Atlantic advise flight changes to whoever made the booking with them. So if you booked direct they advise you. It you booked through an agent (including Virgin Holidays) they advise the agent.
Of course, I expect someone will now post that they booked direct with VA, but weren't advised ;)
Which is what happened to me. I booked the flights for my trip last month direct with Virgin Atlantic and they didn't advise me of the flight changes I had. I only checked after someone posted on here about theirs changing. Otherwise I wouldn't have known.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 18, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Pans
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by BirdsluvDisney View Post
Just want to say, If you have booked row 75 in the bubble they are fantastic seats. We had them this year. Amazing amount of leg room.
Yes indeed row 75 very happy. Just need to book the return journey in a couple of weeks time.
Pans is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 18, 02:57 AM  
Link to this Post
linder
Imagineer

linder's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
They didn’t inform me either and that was with 6 flightchage times and a cancelled flight
linder is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 18, 06:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Flight times change all the time. Not just with VA as they all do it.

I suspect I get notified about 50% of the changes but I monitor them daily in case bargain upgrades pop on!

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List