Notices

Old 21 Oct 18, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
sallybunny
Excited about Disney

Boston History Tour October 2018: Day 1

It's 3:30am and in the grand tradition of live trip reports I'm awake stupid early so making a start. Day 1 is travel day. Our flight wasn't until 15:55 so it was a leisurely start to the day. We set off at 10:30 and then immediately got stuck on the M25 - joy! 3 hours later we finally arrive at Heathrow, already a bit late! However we whip through check in and security and get to most important part - the choosing of the flight Lego!

And then obviously onto lunch. Pete had been wanting to go back to Yo Sushi and I'll never say no to Yo!

We had an array of sushi, tempura, chips, salad, chocolate pudding (the notes on exactly what we had don't exist!). We did have the Japanese marble drinks that are quite exciting to open! Lots of pressure and sudden pffffzzzzz. This little lot came to about £37 with tip.

It was a really painless boarding experience despite being pulled over for an extra search. We boarded through upper class and got a little glimpse into life at the front. Maybe one day... We quickly got settled in and everything we might need for the flight organised. Then the nagging for the Lego started. Oh joy! They know it's after take off once we level out.

So this is just as the seatbelt signs went off! They don't know it yet, but we'll be heading to the Lego centre this week.

The drinks came around soon after. I've had a bit of a packed and anxious year leading up to this holiday so it was nice to finally relax. Building work is finally finished and we're on holiday! Yay!

Quickly followed by lunch. This is Doug's child's meal. Cheese spread, mini cheddars, cheese and tomato pasta, a chocolate pudding and a raspberry fruit lace thing. They played this meal just right for Doug!

The choice for the grown ups (and Pete) was chicken curry, sausage and mash or cheese and tomato pasta. I went for the pasta which was pretty good, although I was starving by now. It came with red wine, Boursin and crackers and a passion fruit gu pot.

Pete went for the chicken curry but didn't really enjoy it. Or the gu pot. Not really a success for him! But he'd had massed at lunch. I didn't get any photos of the afternoon tea as I might have been a bit tired and I might have been a bit arsy at this point! But it was a not bad cheese sandwich, chocolate square and crisps. I forgot to ask for tea which didn't help my mood.

Are the runways quite short at Boston as the braking was super hard on the way in?! We all had our hands on the seat in front! Doug fell asleep 15 minutes before landing so I had to carry him through but Immigration was super fast too and quite pleasant really. I'd booked a taxi service a few days ago and I'm so glad I did! We landed at 6.30 and at the apartment by 7.45. Where we mostly fell onto the sofa and then into bed.

Old 21 Oct 18, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by sallybunny - 21 Oct 18 9:13 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 18, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Weddingnyc
Apprentice Imagineer

We are wanting to go to Boston next year with the kids, so can’t wait to read what you get up to. We went to NY last year, and the kids loved it, so we plan to do NY and the train to Boston.
It looks like you had a great relaxed travel day. Have fun with your boys!
NY and Boston July 2020
Weddingnyc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 18, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Good start apart from the M25

Joan
Old 21 Oct 18, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
sallybunny
Excited about Disney

I'll try and keep up with the trip this week! It's looking like a full week so far.

And the M25 is always a blimmin nightmare! So glad we left plenty of time.
Old 21 Oct 18, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Great start👍
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 18, 07:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

A good travel day.
Old 22 Oct 18, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
sallybunny
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Cinderella View Post
Great start👍
Hopefully I’ll keep it up!
Old 22 Oct 18, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
sallybunny
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Jake71 View Post
A good travel day.
It was all surprisingly smooth. Very glad I booked a transfer as we were all shattered by the time we arrived.
Old 22 Oct 18, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
sallybunny
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Weddingnyc View Post
We are wanting to go to Boston next year with the kids, so can’t wait to read what you get up to. We went to NY last year, and the kids loved it, so we plan to do NY and the train to Boston.
It looks like you had a great relaxed travel day. Have fun with your boys!
Boston is great! If the week carries on like this we’ll definitely be planning another trip. It’s definitely not as frenetic as NYC and so easy to walk around.