Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 2 May 21, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Princ3ss D
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by zokaluse View Post
On the page that says about requirements it says that they have arranged a discount with a firm & details will be provided direct prior to cruises.
Thank you, I had not seen this. We have a cabin on hold so haven't finalised the booking as yet. That's good to know.
Princ3ss D is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 21, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
zokaluse
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Princ3ss D View Post
Thank you, I had not seen this. We have a cabin on hold so haven't finalised the booking as yet. That's good to know.

Found the page ;

disneycruise.disney.go/c...-magic-at-sea/
DLP Jan 2014 H Cheyenne & H New York
DLP Dec 2014 Sequoia Lodge
Florida Aug/Sept 2016 RPR/WDW BC/DCL Dream Bahamian 4 night cruise/ WDW BC
DLP Dec 2016 Newport Bay Club
Disney Magic Staycation Cruise Aug 2021

Aug 2023;BC 9 nights WV, AKL 8 nights SV, HRH 3 nights FRCL, CB 2BS, Weeki Watchee 2 nights, Holmes Beach house 8 nights
zokaluse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 21, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
florida_noob
Very Serious Dibber

just done my insurance with Staysure for the 4nts - 12.60 for the whole family!
florida_noob is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 21, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Originally Posted by florida_noob View Post
just done my insurance with Staysure for the 4nts - 12.60 for the whole family!
Wow. Thats a great price.
Can i ask where you said you were travelling to?🤷🏻

Edited at 08:27 PM.
Minnie Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 21, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
florida_noob
Very Serious Dibber

united kingdom
florida_noob is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 21, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by florida_noob View Post
united kingdom
Thank you
Minnie Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 21, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Mkp1974
Helping Minnie

Can only go if fully vaccinated, Isn’t this positive discrimination. Unless we are old, and/or are of ill health you won’t be able to go until the autumn, absolute disgrace.
Mkp1974 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 21, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Originally Posted by Mkp1974 View Post
Can only go if fully vaccinated, Isn’t this positive discrimination. Unless we are old, and/or are of ill health you won’t be able to go until the autumn, absolute disgrace.
Nope. In my area healthy 30+ year olds are now being encouraged to join the reserve list. Lots of the country will be fully vaccinated by the time the September cruises roll round. I am 54 and in good health apart from being overweight, and I get my second one at the end of this month.

These cruises are a new thing and are being used to prove to the US authorities that cruising can resume. It's in DCL's interest to be as rigorous as possible with the requirements.

I totally get why people are disappointed they can't go, but there will be other opportunities to cruise when these horrible times are over.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 21, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mkp1974 View Post
It’s about doing the very best they can under the circumstances to keep everyone as safe as possible.

Make no mistake, all eyes are watching how these cruises go, and if there are any outbreaks that could set back the cruise industry considerably. Think back to the beginning of this pandemic, the cruise ships with trapped passengers on board with fellow passengers dying on board the ships - this has made so many people fearful of cruising - the industry need these cruises to go without incident. Another reason why it also makes sense to insist on all adults wearing masks with no exclusions. It’s about protecting the majority at this point.

I’m a 1974 birth year who received her second vaccine yesterday, not through ill health but through my job. I realise I am fortunate, but the age groups have gone past me now and so more and more of us will be fully vaccinated for these cruises - we are travelling on the last sailing with relatives in their early thirties who feel confident they will be vaccinated in time too 👍

Edited at 09:55 PM.
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 21, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Princ3ss D
VIP Dibber

In the restaurants are you normally sat with other people at a table or can you request a table just for your family group? I've been on other cruises and done both. We ideally would like a table just for our family as my son has anxiety and suffers with an eating disorder so being sat with people he doesn't know and eating will potentially make this an even more difficult experience. I'm trying to weigh everything up before I confirm our booking. Thanks
Princ3ss D is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List