Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 10 Sep 21, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
Good luck to all those moving in this week and following weeks 💗
My daughters best friend is moving into his accommodation tomorrow in Edinburgh, we have just dropped a gift bag of goodies off for him 💗💗 It feels surreal because they will always be tiny tots to me 🥰🥰
Best friends forever 💗 this is year 6, year 11, prom and of course Disney 💗💗

Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 21, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
RuthieR
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
Dd just got her timetable through. Is 9 hours of lectures normal? She has Monday online with 3 hours. Tue/wed/Thur two hour face to face lessons.

She’s also got a moving in date and time next Friday and there’s a link to registering with a GP and mobile vaccination centres for the first two weeks to get her second vaccine, which is really handy as she’s due her second w/c 20th.

A lot of her accommodation stuff has arrived via Amazon and IKEA so things are moving at pace now ! 😬 god I’m going to miss her! But hopefully she’ll be home some weekends as it seems she has Fridays off.

Kat
DS got his timetable this week. He has 9 hours of lectures and seminars across the week. 4 hrs on Mon, 1 hr on Tue All day Weds off. 1 hr Thurs, and 3 on Fri. He will have work to do in addition to the lectures and seminars. Also some "adult" stuff like shopping , cooking and laundry!

He has booked an early drop off slot for next Thursday - we are just dropping off most things then he is coming home as DS2 birthday on Friday and we have plans. Then we take him for real on Sat. We are staying overnight in a Premier Inn to makes sure he is settled in, see him on Sun morning, pick up any final bits of shopping and then come home. I am dreading it.

Edited at 09:50 PM.
RuthieR is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 21, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by RuthieR View Post
DS got his timetable this week. He has 9 hours of lectures and seminars across the week. 4 hrs on Mon, 1 hr on Tue All day Weds off. 1 hr Thurs, and 3 on Fri. He will have work to do in addition to the lectures and seminars. Also some "adult" stuff like shopping , cooking and laundry!

He has booked an early drop off slot for next Thursday - we are just dropping off most things then he is coming home as DS2 birthday on Friday and we have plans. Then we take him for real on Sat. We are staying overnight in a Premier Inn to makes sure he is settled in, see him on Sun morning, pick up any final bits of shopping and then come home. I am dreading it.
I’m not sure what I’m going to do. Dds been around so much over the last 18 months cos of the pandemic. I’m really going to miss her. Thankfully I’ve still got my youngest at home. I don’t know where the last 19 years have gone! 🥲

Kat
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 21, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Willeve
Imagineer

My daughter goes tomorrow. I’ve just had this awful feeling of dread for about a week, a cross between sorrow and nerves. Just found out her boyfriend is staying over tonight so there’s that sad goodbye in the morning too. I’m hoping that the build up will be worse than when she’s actually gone. Very much not looking forward to tomorrow 😞.
Willeve is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 21, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
outofdate
Excited about Disney

outofdate's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I took my daughter last week. Slightly different as she is doing a post grad, so been away before. But is is never easy to leave them and this time in a different city so it feels all new. So now I have no-one home and the house is so very quiet. But it is very tidy! Oh, I think the dread and worry during the week before is worse than after they have gone. But drop off day is so difficult. Good luck to you all!
Old 11 Sep 21, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyArab
Excited about Disney

We dropped our daughter at her Halls in Glasgow today. Been dreading it all week, anxious, not slept. It went well today. Only a slight wobble from me as we left, enough to let her know I’d miss her, but not enough to spoil her fun! Her room looks fab and she’s messaged lots to say the girls in her dorm are so lovely. The build up this week has been worse than the event today. My goodness, I’m going to miss her though. Good luck to everyone moving soon. X
DisneyArab is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 21, 12:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
Dd just got her timetable through. Is 9 hours of lectures normal? She has Monday online with 3 hours. Tue/wed/Thur two hour face to face lessons.

She’s also got a moving in date and time next Friday and there’s a link to registering with a GP and mobile vaccination centres for the first two weeks to get her second vaccine, which is really handy as she’s due her second w/c 20th.

A lot of her accommodation stuff has arrived via Amazon and IKEA so things are moving at pace now ! 😬 god I’m going to miss her! But hopefully she’ll be home some weekends as it seems she has Fridays off.

Kat
What subject is she doing?

My daughter is going into 3rd year and had 8 hours which didnt seem much, but there is lots of independant study too - like reading 3 novels a week!
1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 21, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
kathrynmc
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyArab View Post
We dropped our daughter at her Halls in Glasgow today. Been dreading it all week, anxious, not slept. It went well today. Only a slight wobble from me as we left, enough to let her know I’d miss her, but not enough to spoil her fun! Her room looks fab and she’s messaged lots to say the girls in her dorm are so lovely. The build up this week has been worse than the event today. My goodness, I’m going to miss her though. Good luck to everyone moving soon. X
One of my daughters friends went to Glasgow yesterday, she’s the first one of her group to leave. She sent videos of her room last night to their group chat
kathrynmc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 08:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by 1972 View Post
What subject is she doing?

My daughter is going into 3rd year and had 8 hours which didnt seem much, but there is lots of independant study too - like reading 3 novels a week!
She’s doing criminology. I think I remember 10 hours a week being mentioned a few years ago so maybe that’s about right?

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Where and when does the student loans for accommodation and course fees go into their bank accounts? Dd will need to pay her first terms rent in a couple of weeks and I’m not sure of the process. Thanks.

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023