Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 28 Sep 21, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
pompeyboy
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by kevin_cambs_uk View Post
I heard that one person queued up for 1.69 of petrol just to brim it and one for 4 quid

The mind boggles
Originally Posted by Perthite View Post
I’ve read that 3 times and I’m none the wiser!
It suggests that someone joined a queue to top their tank up with petrol for reasons unknown but their tank was fuller than they thought and to fill it to the brim, or "brim it", took just over a litre or £1.69. Another person done the same and managed to squeeze £4 worth in their tank, so neither should have bothered to join the queue.

It indicates that some people join a queue because one is there or they have no clue how to read a fuel guage, or just highlights the hoard mentality of many.

The only good thing is that, unlike pasta or toilet rolls that can be stored in spare bedrooms, garages or where ever, petrol should only be stored in the tank of the hoarders car and therefore once all those who "might need it" despite hardly using their cars, there will be plenty around for those that do really need it.
pompeyboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 21, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

I was on 2 miles in the thank and thankfully managed to get some otherwise I wouldn’t be able to get to work tomorrow (not public transport option here)
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 21, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
myaquarium
Imagineer

Not sure if this has been mentioned.
But has the recent change of ending e5 petrol to E10 been a factor in fuel shortages.
Was the so called leak from designed to encourage a rush and deplete all the e5 still left in the garages and refinaries.
Just seen this on another platform and conspiracy stands out or would companies risking losing billions on stock deemed worthless have a reason to encourage panic. Surely not.
myaquarium is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 21, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
SleepingBeauty
Imagineer

How much is a gallon of gas over there currently? We’re at $2.98 in my town.
SleepingBeauty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 21, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile

Been out syphoning cars tonight, nothings going to stop me from getting my 25% of any 6 wine at Sainsbury's 😉
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 21, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
annachief
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SleepingBeauty View Post
Ha we pay by the litre (around £1.35 to £1.50 depending on fuel type/grade) but our engines run miles per gallon?!
annachief is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 21, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
pompeyboy
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Scaramouche View Post
I was on 2 miles in the thank and thankfully managed to get some otherwise I wouldn’t be able to get to work tomorrow (not public transport option here)
Wow, I'm starting to get anxious with just over half a tank and 420 miles range

I usually fill up, use it, normally lasts around 2 weeks and fill up again, my hope is that, as I said in my previous post, the panickers have topped up and won't need anymore and although it's pay day for some so the queues might carry on until the weekend then, fingers crossed, back to "normal"
pompeyboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 21, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
annachief
Imagineer

Not sure why but se London (Bromley) is particularly bad hardly any fuel anywhere for days and anywhere that gets it brings the whole area to gridlock. Heard on LBC that Costco through the crossing had fuel so we had to go there to be honest with all the time sat in traffic a 30 minute drive was a better idea. Plus get some goods from Costco as well!
annachief is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 21, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Please make allowances for this 75 year old who left school in 1962.

A US gallon is about 80% of a UK Imperial gallon so a US gallon is 3.785 litres whereas a UK gallon is 4.546 litres. Average price in the UK now is £1.24 a litre. So if we take 3.785 x £1.24 = £4.69/US Gallon. Assuming a forex of £1 to $1.35. Comparative cost is $6.33 per US gallon.

Can someone with a younger and more agile brain check my maths please?

Mick
Old 28 Sep 21, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

We pay £1.31 per litre theres just under 5 to a gallon so around double what you pay
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List