Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 13 Oct 21, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Latics
Apprentice Imagineer

Latics's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I think you are doing great. You’ve been vaccinated and be assured that this makes symptoms less severe if you do contract COVID. You’re also less likely to as you’re double vaccinated and getting the booster. You’re not alone , a lot people including myself have suffered with their mental health due to the pandemic. I’ve found not reading the news helps me, that’s why I’m usually on here looking for travel updates
Latics is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 21, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

TBH., I think most of us will be a little anxious when we first travel after so long. It is only natural. I think that this will lift very quickly once you are on your way.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 21, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

Sometimes you need to step back and look at it from a different angle.
You have done what you can to stay as safe as you can and trying not to transfer your anxiety to the children.

When my daughter was in new York on 9/11 and had to fly home as soon as she was able to, she was really anxious , as you can imagine, she cried on the flight home and vowed never to fly again ..
Within 7 months she flew to Disney to work at epcot for a year, then joined the RAF and flies all over now.
Reason with yourself that this is not as bad as it seems, it's a virus that we all have to live with now just like malaria , yellow fever etc etc .
Have a great holiday ,you will be fine when you get there and wonder why you worried
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 21, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Bal
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by tspill View Post
TBH., I think most of us will be a little anxious when we first travel after so long. It is only natural. I think that this will lift very quickly once you are on your way.
Spot on. I must admit I used to travel on a daily basis around the UK, and several times a year internationally. About a month ago I had to travel for the first time since last year on business down to London on the train. And I found myself getting anxious at the train station! It is a normal reaction for many, simply to change.
Bal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 21, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I think you’ve done everything you possibly can to keep yourself safe.
It’s natural for you to feel anxious on your first time flying since the pandemic I was a little anxious last week when we flew for the first time since 2019 but we were fine.
We’ve kept our distance from others as much as possible worn our masks indoors eaten outdoors where possible.

Go on your holiday have fun make amazing memories for your family and have fun
Old 13 Oct 21, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

I think this is completely normal. We have just taken our first abroad holiday and I didn’t get excited for it until we actually landed! I worried about the tests, temperature checks, paperwork, masks etc etc. It turned out to all be super easy and I had nothing to be worried about. You’ve done everything you can. Just try to relax and enjoy your holiday 😊
tink111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 21, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
We are bit that way anxiety too. Going to Ireland next week as our first trip as no tests etc needed as we are both fully jabbed, boosters booked for November. Looked at lots of further afield ideas but just doing this short one first. Then we will decide whether to look at our usual March Florida trip
Lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 21, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridasun
Imagineer

You're not alone. I don't worry about death from covid as double vaxxed but long covid worries me and I worry that we could get it mildly and be stuck in our accomodation for half the holiday having spent so much money. We will take masks and wear indoors and crowded outdoor areas. We are not doing Disney this trip and have now decided to skip Universal too. We will have a calmer trip. Going to book a day at discovery cove with the seaworld,busch,aquatica tix included. We always go early to parks to beat the crowds anyway so can leave once it gets busy and chill by the pool. We don't go till April so hopefully cases may drp by then (depending on winter of course). Just need to knwow what hoops we need to jump through to get there now.
Floridasun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 21, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
enjibenji
Imagineer

enjibenji's Reviews
I think everyone a bit anxious first time travelling again. We are flying tomorrow to Benidorm for a few nights. My dh starts chemo next friday and this was the only time we would get to go. I'm clinically extremely vulnerable. We are both vaccinated and excited to go but like you anxious, also the added form filling don't help but once we have done it once I think we will all be ok. My dh wanted some warmth so he's going to get some lol. I hope you have a lovely time and it's perfectly normal to worry 😊
enjibenji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 21, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
G82
Trying for More Ears

We have got self contained accommodation and plan to sit outside to eat wherever possible. I hope that you have a great trip, I'm sure you will!
G82 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List