Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 24 Sep 21, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Andi
VIP Dibber

Can I change a Universal 14 day ticket to Annual Pass

We have the Universal 3 Park 14 day ticket, purchased for 2021 but we know Universal have extended these until end of 2022.

Obviously we didn’t get our 3 week holiday this year but are hoping to go on 3rd January to use up DVC points that will expire before the summer.

We can only go for 2 weeks at this time of year and with our Disney Tickets it wouldn’t seem good value to do Universal as well.

Does anyone know if we went to the ticket booth outside the Universal Park could we pay to upgrade to an annual pass, or can we email Universal? Also if we can upgrade but not use would the AP stay valid until we could go again, say perhaps summer 2023?

DVC - Animal Kingdom Lodge

International Drive 2002, All Star Movies 2005, Renaissance at Seaworld 2008, Rosen Plaza & POFQ 2010, Saratoga Springs Resort 2012, Hotel New York DLP 2013, Rosen Plaza and Old Key West 2014, AKL, BLT & SSR July 2015, Crowne Plaza NYC, AKL, Cabana Bay, AKL Nov 2017, Crowne Plaza NYC April 2018, Rosen Plaza, AKL and GFV August 2018, Australia Nov 2018, RCI Cruise August 2019, Rosen Plaza, Pop Century August 2022
Andi is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 21, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Busyb
Proud to wear my Ears

When we upgraded our 14 day ticket to an annual pass, it became active for 12 months from that day. However we never got to use the annual pass as covid hit after our Dec 2019 visit. I sent them an email and they have given me an extra 3 months to use when we go back with no expiry. So it may be worth emailing them about extending the 14 day ticket. I would just tell them that you are only coming back in 2023.
Busyb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 21, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Andi
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Busyb View Post
When we upgraded our 14 day ticket to an annual pass, it became active for 12 months from that day. However we never got to use the annual pass as covid hit after our Dec 2019 visit. I sent them an email and they have given me an extra 3 months to use when we go back with no expiry. So it may be worth emailing them about extending the 14 day ticket. I would just tell them that you are only coming back in 2023.
Can I just check, did you upgrade your tickets before entering the park?

Many thanks for your help.

International Drive 2002, All Star Movies 2005, Renaissance at Seaworld 2008, Rosen Plaza & POFQ 2010, Saratoga Springs Resort 2012, Hotel New York DLP 2013, Rosen Plaza and Old Key West 2014, AKL, BLT & SSR July 2015, Crowne Plaza NYC, AKL, Cabana Bay, AKL Nov 2017, Crowne Plaza NYC April 2018, Rosen Plaza, AKL and GFV August 2018, Australia Nov 2018, RCI Cruise August 2019, Rosen Plaza, Pop Century August 2022
Andi is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 21, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

If your 14 ticket is unused then you will get an unused AP or voucher which will activate on first park entry.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 21, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

We upgraded our 14 day tickets in 2019. It cost $49 each for seasonal passes and they originally expired 366days from first use. It’s the différence in value of the 14 day tickets vs the cost of the annual pass. This is not necessarily what you paid for the tickets.

Universal have been amazing and given us 3 months on our AP that can be activated when we go back.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 21, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Andi
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
If your 14 ticket is unused then you will get an unused AP or voucher which will activate on first park entry.
We don’t want to activate the ticket in January as we can’t go for the 3 week trip that our Disney and Universal tickets were originally purchased for this summer.

So if we go to one of the booths at Universal, near City Walk and pay to upgrade to an annual pass but not enter the park, can we keep the AP until summer of 2023 and activate the AP then?

Old 4 Oct 21, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
ROO
Imagineer

ROO's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by LLamb View Post
We upgraded our 14 day tickets in 2019.
Universal have been amazing and given us 3 months on our AP that can be activated when we go back.
Did Universal send you an email confirming they would extend by 3 months once you go back ?
We contacted them but never heard back so just assumed we wouldn’t be able to get extended .
Old 4 Oct 21, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ROO View Post
Did Universal send you an email confirming they would extend by 3 months once you go back ?
We contacted them but never heard back so just assumed we wouldn’t be able to get extended .
Yes, they were actually very quick to respond. Offered us a five day ticket at first but they I heard of others getting their passes extended. So I emailed again and they agreed no problem.
I have a reference number to quote at guest services obviously along with our passes.

Édit: actually reading the email I’m not sure we need our old passes.

Edited at 12:36 PM.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List