Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 6 Oct 21, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
DigitalOlli
VIP Dibber

The End of the Ultimate Tickets

Walt Disney World Resort in Florida have announced that from 3rd November they are changing their 7 and 14 Day Ultimate Tickets to 7 and 14 Day Magic Tickets.

Disney Magic Ticket entitlements are the same as Disney’s Ultimate Tickets. The only difference is that the new Disney Magic Tickets are valid for a specific date period and guests must now choose a start date for their ticket.
Disney 7-Day Magic Ticket will be valid for 7 days of use over 15 days from the start date selected

Disney 14-Day Magic Ticket will be valid for 14 days of use over an 18 day validity period from the start date selected
DigitalOlli is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 21, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhite
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by DigitalOlli View Post
Walt Disney World Resort in Florida have announced that from 3rd November they are changing their 7 and 14 Day Ultimate Tickets to 7 and 14 Day Magic Tickets.

Disney Magic Ticket entitlements are the same as Disney’s Ultimate Tickets. The only difference is that the new Disney Magic Tickets are valid for a specific date period and guests must now choose a start date for their ticket.
Disney 7-Day Magic Ticket will be valid for 7 days of use over 15 days from the start date selected

Disney 14-Day Magic Ticket will be valid for 14 days of use over an 18 day validity period from the start date selected
Thanks for the info DigitalOlli, hmmm; that explains why I haven't been able to get through to the ticketing line for the past 2 days... I'm not kidding, all attempts at different times added together account for at least 6 hours on hold since yesterday. I'm on hold now with estimated 45 minute wait time *sigh*
SnowWhite is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 21, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

Wonder what happens if you change your holiday dates and expect they'll be different prices for different dates?! I have ultimates from Attraction tickets for this year but it's looking likely we need to cancel. Luckily I've paid cancellation. Not sure when we will go next year but maybe I should have changed my tickets to next year before this change.
Old 6 Oct 21, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Orlando 2004 View Post
Wonder what happens if you change your holiday dates and expect they'll be different prices for different dates?! I have ultimates from Attraction tickets for this year but it's looking likely we need to cancel. Luckily I've paid cancellation. Not sure when we will go next year but maybe I should have changed my tickets to next year before this change.
I was thinking this. Dated tickets more than likely means seasonal pricing. Which varies quite a bit on the US tickets. As an example, the cheapest 10 day hopper is $579 but jumps to $725 (plus tax) for peak weeks like Christmas.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 21, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
assos
VIP Dibber

Interesting. On first read I thought so what's the difference aside from it marginally more flexible - i.e. you could now do 3 days at Universal in the middle of your Disney and not lose out on any validity.

Re-reading and the penny dropped, be interesting to see what they do with the pricing - be nice to think it will work to some people's advantage, but the cynic in me thinks otherwise.
Old 6 Oct 21, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Ingram01
Helping Minnie

Where did you read this?

I assume already purchased ultimates are unaffected?
Ingram01 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 21, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Damaxted
Getting to know the DIBB

I would also guess that this is to remove the Memory maker option too for everyone, as it is now a paid option with annual passes?
Damaxted is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 21, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDose
Serious Dibber

So what happens if you've already booked and paid for a hotel and tickets package for a visit beyond November 3rd? Do we automatically lose Memory Maker and/or water parks that were included at the time of booking?
DisneyDose is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 21, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
mostlybobbins
slightly serious Dibber

I'd imagine this would be for new bookings only? You bought what you bought, I'd hope.
mostlybobbins is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 21, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Dendycat
VIP Dibber

Dendycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
Given its Disney, change the name, raise the price. Wonder what the impact will be.