Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 13 Oct 21, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyEagle
Looking for my Ears

Ah, that makes sense, thank you so much for clarifying.

Much easier than calling them : )
DisneyEagle is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 21, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
beeftinkler
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by dan223 View Post
If you actually book a day is it accepted? That may be a difference to letting it look like you can book. I’ve not used the new reservation system but from the agents it’s been quite clear that the old tickets remain at the same period as they always have, and only the new tickets don’t.
It's accepted; first day April 11 2022, and so long as I don't exceed 14 reservations the reservation system allows me to book any date (way more than 15 or 18 days after April 11)
beeftinkler is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 21, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie moomoo
VIP Dibber

Hi. I have 14 day tickets in my booking direct with Disney (50th Anniversary Celebration package)

We have only paid deposit.
I haven't had anything from Disney regarding the change.
I do understand that my tickets already have a start by date as they are linked to my accommodation.

Does anyone know if these tickets will be changed due to only paying deposit ?
Normally I would be excited about the prospect of having 18 days instead of 15 to use the ticket but our last 6 days we are staying onsite at Universal anyway. It will make no difference to us, but I am curious.

DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Sept 2013. DLP, Sequoia lodge, GF, Oct 2014. DLP, Santa Fe, May 2015. DLP, Sequoia Lodge GF. May 2016. DLP, Sequoia Lodge. Aug 2017. Les Alicourts Resort 2017 WDW, Caribbean Beach Resort. Sept 2018 Camping La croix du vieux pont 2018 DLP, Sequoia Lodge, GF. Aug 2019.
WDW, Port Orleans Resort, Grande Villas Resort, Cabana Bay Resort. Aug 2022 DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Aug 2023. Les Alicourts Resort 2023
minnie moomoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 21, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

Originally Posted by minnie moomoo View Post
Hi. I have 14 day tickets in my booking direct with Disney (50th Anniversary Celebration package)

I do understand that my tickets already have a start by date as they are linked to my accommodation.

Normally I would be excited about the prospect of having 18 days instead of 15 to use the ticket but our last 6 days we are staying onsite at Universal anyway. It will make no difference to us, but I am curious.
I would guess if you have booked with Disney direct it isn't a problem, it seems to only be an issue for third party providers, which I assume when you buy on a deposit, Disney aren't even aware at that point you have purchased, that sits in the third parties hands until you buy.
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 21, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
beeftinkler
Very Serious Dibber

Spoke to Disney, they said 14 day Ultimate definately expires 14 days after first use, and they would not morph into the new Magic ticket (14 days over 18 day peroid). As far as why we were able to reserve park days beyond 14 days they have no explanation other than the system doesn't recognise the start / stop peroid of the ticket, only the number of days reserved.

TBH the call handler didn't fill me with confidence, just read their script / default answers
beeftinkler is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 21, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
pdcdad
VIP Dibber

I’m the same I presumed they would change but perhaps they won’t 🤔
pdcdad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 21, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2

If you've already booked an onsite package with tickets then those tickets won't change. They'll stay as Ultimate tickets. You will (probably) have already linked your booking to your MDE account and that would've also linked your tickets. So you should see the Ultimate tickets already in your account - i.e. you've already got them.

This change doesn't affect those who already have their tickets, which includes those who booked an onsite package either with Disney or any other TA. It only affects those who haven't yet got their tickets - i.e. those who have not yet bought their tickets separately or who have booked an offsite package and not yet paid the balance.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 21, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
hawk299
Getting Excited

So using the floridatix discount (YAY5 - 5%) I've reserved 2022 Ultimates for just £441.75 each and paid the £20pp deposit

I think that means my price is now fixed but because I haven't paid in full I'll get the new 18 day tickets (used to having 21's and can now overlap the Universal days)
hawk299 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 21, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
hawk299
Getting Excited

just worked out the ATDIBB10 code on attractiontickets makes theirs £439

Meh, couple of £ cheaper, I won't loose any sleep
hawk299 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 21, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

I’ve booked a Disney package but only for 1 person. When we’ve booked flights I need to add on the other 3 family members. I wonder if we’ll all get the old ultimate tickets?

Staying for 17 nights and was hoping 21 day tickets would come back on sale so we’d prefer the new tickets over 18 days.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List