Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 8 Oct 21, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamx
Excited about Disney

Virgin Holidays car insurance…

We have a package booked with VH and upgraded the car to a full size suv.

We declined the gold insurance but after consideration we would like to upgrade and pay the extra.

Does anyone have a rough idea how much it would be?
DisneyDreamx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 21, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
richard29
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi, I just had a look on VH website its £1250.97 if you only accepted the VH basic insurance.
If you took the fully inclusive I would imagine it would be the difference between fully inclusive and gold?.
I would email them to confirm what it would cost.
Old 8 Oct 21, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I've never booked a Virgin Holiday as we always book all the elements separately but is there an option in "Manage My Booking" to change your car hire choices?

You're certainly right to upgrade from the Virgin basic cover though as I recall it doesn't include CDW with no excess or, more importantly, it only gives a ridiculously low state minimum SLI of $25k.

Lots of Dibbers ditch the alleged "free" VH car and hire separately. I'm hoping that when the current car hire supply issues are sorted then hire rates will revert to pre-Covid levels.

Mick
Old 8 Oct 21, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamx
Excited about Disney

Thank you both.

I looked on my booking and I have to call to add it to the package, that’s why I thought I would ask here first for a rough price.

We booked a while ago for next year and got a good price so ideally I want to keep the included car and just pay for the upgraded insurance. We never have before which mortifies me now 😳
DisneyDreamx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 21, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Sorry I can't give you an estimate as I've never booked a car that wasn't already fully insured.

Why not go on the VH site and do a dummy booking for exactly your dates. Surely the option to top up car insurance will be there? It may not help your current negotiations but if it says +£500 for example and the phone call says +£1,000 at least you have some sort of negotiating position.

Conversely leave the booking as it is for a few months. Give Andy here a try nearer your holiday. discountfloridacarhire/

Then ring VH for an upgrade price. If Andy beats it (he will be fully insured ) take it and ditch the "free" car.

Mick
Old 8 Oct 21, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamx
Excited about Disney

I have just tried a dummy booking and it’s coming out just under £700 to upgrade the insurance.

I’m not in any hurry so will wait until nearer the time and see what it’s like then.

Would it be more expensive as it’s a full size and I wonder if the price will fluctuate? I’ll keep an eye on it 👍

Thank you Mick 😊
Old 8 Oct 21, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by DisneyDreamx View Post
I have just tried a dummy booking and it’s coming out just under £700 to upgrade the insurance.

I’m not in any hurry so will wait until nearer the time and see what it’s like then.

Would it be more expensive as it’s a full size and I wonder if the price will fluctuate? I’ll keep an eye on it 👍

Thank you Mick 😊
I'm not an insurance expert but I doubt that premiums would be affected by the current car supply issues. I think that £700 is in the order of cost I've seen from other Dibbers over the years. Your holiday is not until August. Wait until Spring and see what Andy looks like then. Then pay VH or ditch their car and use Andy.

By the way I support Andy a lot on here as his customer service is without equal Other UK brokers are available but make sure that you get the insurance,
Old 8 Oct 21, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamx
Excited about Disney

Thank you 😊

Does Andy pay you commission? 😂
Old 8 Oct 21, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by DisneyDreamx View Post
Thank you 😊

Does Andy pay you commission? 😂
Absolutely not.

Used him about 6 or 7 times in the last few years but sadly last three have been cancelled - fingers crossed for November.

I just like to commend excellent customer service. There's been too many Dibbers on here over the past 18 months saying "I booked with Joe Bloggs Car Hire" and can't get my money back. Andy has been proactively emailing customers asking if they want to cancel and get their money back. Other brokers allow you to cancel but I don't see anyone saying they have volunteered it.

Also I never see other brokers helping Dibbers who haven't even booked with him like Andy does.

Been on the DIBB for over 17 years and read maybe 90% of car hire posts.

Mick

PS Don't check Andy now as even his prices might be a bit scary - leave it a few months

Edited at 03:01 PM.
mick is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 21, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
beth21
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Absolutely not.

Used him about 6 or 7 times in the last few years but sadly last three have been cancelled - fingers crossed for November.

I just like to commend excellent customer service. There's been too many Dibbers on here over the past 18 months saying "I booked with Joe Bloggs Car Hire" and can't get my money back. Andy has been proactively emailing customers asking if they want to cancel and get their money back. Other brokers allow you to cancel but I don't see anyone saying they have volunteered it.

Also I never see other brokers helping Dibbers who haven't even booked with him like Andy does.

Been on the DIBB for over 17 years and read maybe 90% of car hire posts.

Mick

PS Don't check Andy now as even his prices might be a bit scary - leave it a few months
Hi Mick we’ve been going to the states since 1982 and never seen car rental so high - in your opinion and I know it’s only guess work do you think the car situation will get sorted next year 🤞🏻We usually like you book separately and are hoping to go for 5 weeks in May
beth21 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List