Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 24 May 20, 07:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Bal
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I know what you mean. Their inability to communicate was astounding.
Well, yes, the whole show is about the effects of mental health. She has serious self esteem issues stemming from how her mum and brother are, it’s not just that she doesn’t believe in her herself and is “worthless”, it’s she believes she deserves it. He has massive commitment issues which are related to self belief, social pressure which cause anxiety.
Bal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 20, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Bal View Post
Well, yes, the whole show is about the effects of mental health. She has serious self esteem issues stemming from how her mum and brother are, it’s not just that she doesn’t believe in her herself and is “worthless”, it’s she believes she deserves it. He has massive commitment issues which are related to self belief, social pressure which cause anxiety.

I think we were watching a different program!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 20, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Bal
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post

I think we were watching a different program!
How do you mean? What did you take from it? I mean at one point Connor even talks to a councillor about his mental health difficulties.
Bal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 20, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Marianne had deep-rooted self esteem issues. I don't want to spoil it for anyone but the scene in one of the later episodes, in his bedroom where she asks him to do something to her and he refuses had me in bits. I felt so sad for her.

Edited at 03:14 PM.
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 20, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Bal
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Beth_Disney View Post
Marianne had deep-rooted self esteem issues. I don't want to spoil it for anyone but the scene in one of the later episodes, in his bedroom where she asks him to do something to her and he refuses had me in bits. I felt so sad for her.
That scene was the worst one for me. The Sweden stuff was bad enough, but that was worst as it was a happy moment initially.
Old 24 May 20, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Bal
Imagineer

Mobile

No season 2 apparently. ☹️
Old 26 May 20, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Glee Fan
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gabsnoot View Post
I think in some cases it’s worse these days

I watched the whole series a week or so ago and only just found when reading an article over the weekend that it’s set in the 1990s. I didn’t even realise and those were my school days too.
Are you sure about the 1990’s? I’ve seen modern cars and technology in episodes? Maybe the book was set then originally? I’m up to episode 6 and enjoying it.
Glee Fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 20, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Gabsnoot
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Glee Fan View Post
Are you sure about the 1990’s? I’ve seen modern cars and technology in episodes? Maybe the book was set then originally? I’m up to episode 6 and enjoying it.
I am embarrassed to say it looks like I’ve been spreading fake news...sorry

I must have read the article wrong, I did wonder at the time about the mobile phones

I’ve just had a search online and it says it’s set in post 2008 which makes much more sense 😊

Today’s life lesson is ‘don’t believe everything you read’ especially if it’s posted by someone who half read an article
Gabsnoot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 20, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Buttercup1982
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

A colleague of mine recommended it as his wife loved it. He was then mortified when his wife was watching it one night and he seen the rude bits. He text apologising profusely 🤣🤣🤣🤷
Buttercup1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 20, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
lovinit
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I binge watched the whole series in one evening and loved it.
I am a bit confused by the ending, though. Did they split up (again) or not? I wasn't sure if they were going to wait for one another or not 🤦
lovinit is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List