Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 30 Jul 23, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Indy_UK

It’s just one lot of 10% that you put into escrow.

That amount will then come off your closing costs.

Some contracts you can finance the closing costs too.

With Monera they have to be paid via ACH payments which I have setup on Wise (previously transfer wise) and just go online each month to make the payments.

Edited at 08:36 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 23, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
I would seriously look at resale. The direct prices are so high I struggle to see how it's a good deal. We bought resale many years ago and I have had good use of our points but I wouldn't have had anywhere the same value if I'd paid current prices.

Bear in mind you are still paying annual dues. Ours are well over $1000 a year. So we could just book offsite accommodation for the price of our dues.

Really do your sums and make sure it is going to work for you.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 23, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
DigitalOlli
VIP Dibber

Yes buy resale.
Direct have no benefit for the most of international visitors

We are in the prozess of buying our 2 contract. We are in the closing prozess, sent the rest amount with wise today.
We payed 7500 USD with a credit card for the deposit and the rest by wire transfer with wise.
We use Dvcsales, first one was dvcresale market but they use magic vacation title company witch takes for ever to send the closing docs

know we made the offer on July 14
accepted the same day. sent to ROFR July 17
Passed August 4
Closing docs came on the 7th and i and seller signed both yesterday
So now we are waiting that they get the money and they can close it and sent to disney to get the deed transfer done :-)
DigitalOlli is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 23, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

My advice would be never buy DVC on finance. Many disagree but that’s my view.
I have 4 contracts, 1 small one direct the rest resale.
Honestly apart from 10% off in a few sit down restaurants I would not miss the DVC ‘blue card’ at all, a near total waste of time for us.
Save thousands and buy resale, prices are cheap now with no ROFR.
Our dues are over $3000 a year but we could literally go for nearly a month at SSR in a studio in low season for that so it’s good value if you use it. However, my first contract I only paid a net $69 a point I think it was.

Edited at 11:00 AM.
YorkshireT is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 23, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Indy_UK

Doing a small happy dance today and fully paid off our Vero Beach contract.

Financed the $5,900 with Monera over the max term of 84 months (7 years) back in August 2021 and just paid the rest off today. Total interest we paid was $518 (£400)

I think that if you're happy to overpay and drive it down, its fine to do finance and start making trips.

Now moving onto the 2 smaller AKV contracts before tackling the biggest.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 23, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

IMHO, the best way to do it is with Disney finance if you're paying it off quickly. No USA bank or anything needed. Just pay the deposit with a debit card.

Then you can just log in and pay off the whole thing with debit/credit card.

I wouldn't recommend that if paying off over a long time as the interest rate is quite high.

Edit: assuming the need for direct points here. Otherwise, resale may be an option but I don't know much about that.

Edited at 11:41 AM.
Gelatoni is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 23, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

I’ve just done our 2nd contract both resale. It was very easy and saved thousands. We passed rofr in 13 days! So it went through very quick. Used trcs as a closing company who do accept ach payments, and sent payment through xe. I would maybe start looking for a contract around jan/ feb if your money is due in March. Definitely have a look into resale.
Old 30 Dec 23, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by skstorm View Post
I’ve just done our 2nd contract both resale. It was very easy and saved thousands. We passed rofr in 13 days! So it went through very quick. Used trcs as a closing company who do accept ach payments, and sent payment through xe. I would maybe start looking for a contract around jan/ feb if your money is due in March. Definitely have a look into resale.
It’s historically a good time to buy then too, as dues bills land and people question their ownership.

I wonder what OP did, as the thread is very old!
Old 30 Dec 23, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
It’s historically a good time to buy then too, as dues bills land and people question their ownership.

I wonder what OP did, as the thread is very old!
I hadn't even noticed it was such an old thread 😂
Gelatoni is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List