Old 11 Apr 17, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
RachelM
VIP Dibber

RachelM's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
I never knew the zoo was free. I would love to go to DC. Hopefully in the next few years .
Old 11 Apr 17, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by RachelM View Post
I never knew the zoo was free. I would love to go to DC. Hopefully in the next few years .
D.C. is an EXPENSIVE place to visit in terms of hotels/transport - but all the national museums, etc...are free - so it does balance out.

For the three of us to visit the zoo here in London - £80. And no pandas!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 17, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
RachelM
VIP Dibber

RachelM's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
Originally Posted by GopherLass View Post
D.C. is an EXPENSIVE place to visit in terms of hotels/transport - but all the national museums, etc...are free - so it does balance out.

For the three of us to visit the zoo here in London - £80. And no pandas!
£80! . Wow the last time we went to Edinburgh zoo it was £49 for a family ticket and I thought that was expensive lol. That was about 5 or 6 years ago.
Old 12 Apr 17, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by RachelM View Post
£80! . Wow the last time we went to Edinburgh zoo it was £49 for a family ticket and I thought that was expensive lol. That was about 5 or 6 years ago.
It's crazy, isn't it - I think about families with four or five kids - and places like that are just out of reach for them.

At least at Edinburgh you get to see (more) pandas!
Old 15 Apr 17, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Aww, how lovely to see the panda! And I don't think I had ever seen a picture of a mockingbird, so thanks for that.

Shame about those silly women. Glad they didn't get to pet any birds!
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 17, 07:46 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Aww, how lovely to see the panda! And I don't think I had ever seen a picture of a mockingbird, so thanks for that.

Shame about those silly women. Glad they didn't get to pet any birds!
I was WAY more excited than either of the chaps - honestly, I could have stood in the little "panda palace" all day (assuming the panda bouncer would have allowed that!).

We ended up seeing several mockingbirds - if I had known how much Poot was going to love the bird-spotting, I'd have made sure we got to the Botanical Garden before departure day...oops.

I dislike an EXPRESSED sense of entitlement - especially the kind born from "I have money, the rules aren't for me, pleb!" attitudes...

As our mothers used to say - just because you THINK something...doesn't mean you have to SAY something.

Thanks for coming to the Zoo with us - and I warn you in advance, tomorrow is a pretty lazy day (though you will get to hear who Poot thinks should win the next Nobel Prize... ).
Old 2 Jun 17, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
miss_bell
Imagineer

miss_bell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

Great day, looks very cold. Well done to Poot making friends and having a sing

We're staying at the omni near Woodley park/the zoo.

Zoo and the natural history museum are on our to do list.
1990 Motel 1991 I Drive 1995 & 1998 Villa 2003 Lindfields 2005 & 2007 SL 2005 Bahama Bay 2006 NBH 2008 Liki tiki Resort 2009 & 2018 POFQ 2011 & 2016 Cheyenne 2012 OKW 2013 Coral Cay 2015 SSL 2015 SSR&BCR 2019 WL 2016 & 2022 CSR 2014 & 2023 CBR 2024 ASMU

miss_bell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 17, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by miss_bell View Post
Great day, looks very cold. Well done to Poot making friends and having a sing

We're staying at the omni near Woodley park/the zoo.

Zoo and the natural history museum are on our to do list.
It was FREEZING - I felt so bad for telling DH it was going to be 80 degrees! He had warm gloves and a scarf in his jacket pockets - until I made him take them out and leave them behind in England.

I really liked that neighbourhood - you'll have to report back on what it was like to stay there. Seeing the pandas was just amazing. And Poot is always making new and interesting friends.

"She's wearing a dog collar, Mother! Like a Staffie!"
Old 24 Jul 17, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another busy day 😊 The zoo was free! That is amazing that you managed to see the pandas and get such fantastic photos. We went to the Edinburgh Zoo last year and saw the pandas (Very briefly. One ran past the window and then back into its cave, it may have been faster than Mo Farrah!) It wasn't cheap and we also had a Panda Bouncer who was a very petite Scottish lady, I would not have messed with her! 😬

Poor RC, it is never nice to see a loved one in pain, I can imagine that the cold made it more challenging? Staying in for dinner was the right decision 😊 More target money! Lol! And a warm toasty RC 😁

I can imagine that you are now a complete meteorite expert- Poot has done an amazing job keeping you educated 😆 I personally love the sparkly one. Michelle x
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 17, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
Another busy day 😊 The zoo was free! That is amazing that you managed to see the pandas and get such fantastic photos. We went to the Edinburgh Zoo last year and saw the pandas (Very briefly. One ran past the window and then back into its cave, it may have been faster than Mo Farrah!) It wasn't cheap and we also had a Panda Bouncer who was a very petite Scottish lady, I would not have messed with her! 😬

Poor RC, it is never nice to see a loved one in pain, I can imagine that the cold made it more challenging? Staying in for dinner was the right decision 😊 More target money! Lol! And a warm toasty RC 😁

I can imagine that you are now a complete meteorite expert- Poot has done an amazing job keeping you educated 😆 I personally love the sparkly one. Michelle x

I sat here for a minute trying to come up with a good panda/athlete pun - but no joy. Where's Helen when you need her?

And is it sad to laugh at your own jokes?

Yes?

Rats!

'Cause I'm still pretty proud of "panda bouncer" - thank you for using it!

We've never been up to Edinburgh - this is such a small country, but the appallingly appalling traffic puts me off holidaying here. It's embarrassing to admit - but it's true.

R.C. was diagnosed right after Poot was born (that was a fun couple of months). The doctor told us he'd probably be in a wheelchair within two years - I am proud of his Winston Churchill approach to RA.

The weather did really blow one whole day later in the trip, but yes - for tonight I was happy to stay warm and forward some cash to my Target fund.

I should have called this trippie "Sequins and Meteorites" - or something like that. There will be more of the latter tomorrow, I fear. But Poot will be thrilled you picked one out to mention, as I think you are the first reader to express ANY interest. Could it be that you have a son? Hmm?