Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 11 Jun 19, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
grother
Proud to wear my Ears

One Park, one day, ticket advice

Hi, For our 25th Anniversary next month myself and Mrs G are doing 3 nights in New York (seeing Billy Joel at MSG) and then three nights in Florida. I have planned out the six days and we only really want to visit one park, Epcot, on either Sat 13th July or Sunday 14th July. Couple of queries?
1) Either of these days better/worse for crowds?
2) Any suggestions on where is best place to buy one day one park ticket for Epcot? I am staying at Raddison Lake Buenavista and I understand they sell tickets on site?
3) Is it worth me looking at Fast Pass system. Obviously if I buy from the hotel site on teh day this is something I wont be able to do. I understand teh F/P system has changed since I went in 2012 so will need to do some research.

Thanks

Steve
grother is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 07:13 AM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

you need to make FP+ reservations 30 days before if you stay offsite, 60 days before if you stay onsite or at a select partner hotel

you can choose 3 attractions, from 2 lists, 1 from the tier 1 list, and 2 from the tier 2 list
once used or expired, you can make additional selections, one at a time

you need to have a mydisneyexperience account set up, and tickets linked to this account, in order to make FP+ selections

you will not be able to select soarin', test track , frozen and illuminations together in your initial selection. those are all Tier 1 so you can pick one of them

the sooner you book FP+ the more likely you get what you want at a decent time.
On the day, you'll still be able to book FP+ (3 of them at fist) if you haven't done it before, but there may be little to no availability for those hard to get, big crowsds, attractions as far as FP go. So it could be standby only for those rides if you don't book in advance.

so you may want to buy tickets in advance, or just wing it.

FP+ window opens tomorrow for a july 13th visit, and on the 14th of june for a july 14th visit. So if you want to make FP+ selections, you'll need to hurrry for the tickets.
the most immediate solution here is to set up a MDX account and buy from disney direct.

best places for a one day ticket, price-wise, is hard to tell. You either can get them direct through disney (US website) or through one of the reliable sellers you can find links to, in the yellow box at the top of this subforum.
shop around and get the best price.

saturday or sunday will be equally busy. It's the middle of july so it will be busy, especially on a weekend.
park hours are similar, and DIBB busy day guide does not have a preference for one day over the other. So take your pick

Edited at 07:16 AM.
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
lyn1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by grother View Post
Hi, For our 25th Anniversary next month myself and Mrs G are doing 3 nights in New York (seeing Billy Joel at MSG) and then three nights in Florida. I have planned out the six days and we only really want to visit one park, Epcot, on either Sat 13th July or Sunday 14th July. Couple of queries?
1) Either of these days better/worse for crowds?
2) Any suggestions on where is best place to buy one day one park ticket for Epcot? I am staying at Raddison Lake Buenavista and I understand they sell tickets on site?
3) Is it worth me looking at Fast Pass system. Obviously if I buy from the hotel site on teh day this is something I wont be able to do. I understand teh F/P system has changed since I went in 2012 so will need to do some research.

Thanks

Steve
For your dates a 1 day ticket will cost $127.10 from undercovertourist and you can have it either as an E-Ticket or posted to you, you can link this to your MDE account to book fastpasses before you go.

The same ticket from the US Disney site is $124.61. They will send you an email which will have a reference number on so you can link the ticket to your MDE account to do fastpasses before you go, but you will have to pick the ticket up when you're over there.

To get on the US Disney site go on the link below, at the top of the page you will see UK & Ireland (English), click on this and change it to United States (English), then go on Parks & Tickets.

disneyworld.disney.go/en_GB/

Personally for the sake of $2.49, roughly £1.95 I would get it posted from undercovertourist to save messing about over there, but the choice is yours.

Edited at 10:35 AM.
lyn1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
grother
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by chmurf View Post
y
you will not be able to select soarin', test track , frozen and illuminations together in your initial selection. those are all Tier 1 so you can pick one of them

I thought illuminations was a spectacular fireawork show on at a certain time? Why would you need a fastpass for that?
grother is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
galaxyflorida
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by grother View Post
I thought illuminations was a spectacular fireawork show on at a certain time? Why would you need a fastpass for that?
Yes illuminations is a firework show. A fastpass enables you to have access to a reserved area. I personally wouldn't use a FP on this as it means you can't make 4th, 5th etc FPs once you've used your original 3

Orlando I-Drive April 2010, July 2017
New York and Washington October 2016
New York and Toronto July 2019
galaxyflorida is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by galaxyflorida View Post
Yes illuminations is a firework show. A fastpass enables you to have access to a reserved area. I personally wouldn't use a FP on this as it means you can't make 4th, 5th etc FPs once you've used your original 3
totally agree.
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List