Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 8 May 19, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
TGT
Imagineer

I have 400,000+ lifetime flight miles on United - they were brilliant for 15 years out of Birmingham but sadly no longer, but as we have Gold Premier with them we get occasional upgrades and always get extra legroom seats and extra baggage - 2 to 4 x 70lb bags.

Love that they have had power at the seats for years (for all international plug types including UK), personal TVs on back of seats on transatlantic flights (not always domestically but usually have phone/tablet based entertainment via the app). They now give you wine/beer with meals (and at other times if you ask). We love going through Newark with all their immigration desks (though we now have Global Entry) so we just walk out at Orlando. We've booked to go from Heathrow in August (27th) and are paying £368 - what's not to like?

Di Gorton
http://www.villasoutherndunes.com

Villa Southern Dunes

Modern Disney-themed villa in the Southern Dunes golf community * Private heated west-facing pool * Sleeps 10* Room for all with sofa, dining & poolside seating for 10 * 2 ensuite doubles (king & queen) * 2 Disney-themed twins * 2 Lounges * 7 Flatscreen TVs * Great games room & amazing dressing up rail

Click >here< to see our Dibb Advert
Email: info@villasoutherndunes.com Florida State License: DWE6312923

TGT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 19, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by TGT View Post
I have 400,000+ lifetime flight miles on United - they were brilliant for 15 years out of Birmingham but sadly no longer, but as we have Gold Premier with them we get occasional upgrades and always get extra legroom seats and extra baggage - 2 to 4 x 70lb bags.

Love that they have had power at the seats for years (for all international plug types including UK), personal TVs on back of seats on transatlantic flights (not always domestically but usually have phone/tablet based entertainment via the app). They now give you wine/beer with meals (and at other times if you ask). We love going through Newark with all their immigration desks (though we now have Global Entry) so we just walk out at Orlando. We've booked to go from Heathrow in August (27th) and are paying £368 - what's not to like?
Out of curiosity, with United, can you use airmiles for flights without paying tax on top? I've been playing around with mine, and apparently I have enough for a return flight to NYC (the only one I've tried), and it's looking like I can book using just airmiles, with no extra cost... I'm wondering if they're added on later, or if it's as good as it sounds?
PumpkinCupcake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 19, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by *jovi_girl* View Post
I don’t drive
So book a flydrives with the smallest car. Sometimes cheaper than the flight only option, and you get it on a deposit. Just don’t collect the car.
PPM is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 19, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by PumpkinCupcake View Post
Out of curiosity, with United, can you use airmiles for flights without paying tax on top? I've been playing around with mine, and apparently I have enough for a return flight to NYC (the only one I've tried), and it's looking like I can book using just airmiles, with no extra cost... I'm wondering if they're added on later, or if it's as good as it sounds?
We had enough airmiles for 1 roundtrip to orlando from dublin last year but wanted to stop off in new york for 5 nights. We didn't have enough additional airmiles for the domestic flight from orlando to new york. We were also worried if they added on tax, it may not be cost effective for us to use our miles for booking trips.

However, I needn't have worried as United allowed us to travel on a codeshare aer lingus flight DIRECT to Orlando, then take a flight from Orlando to New York (Newark), stay 5 nights and then travel from JFK to Dublin direct on a codeshare aer lingus flight. All this for the same airmiles as a return flight from Dublin to Orlando.Think it was 25,000 or 30,0000 miles per leg/journey! AND the total tax was about €50.It varies per flight and day and date.
The best selection is at about 11months to a year out and you can do it online-just use the multi-city option and it will allow you to do the flights as 1 ticket.

We were delighted

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM

Edited at 04:42 PM.
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 19, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
Not necessarily. You can often make its fly drive and pay a deposit. Someone like dial a flight or netflights can do that.
Bev, if i book an airport hotel with flights, does that also make a package? I seem to recall you did that some years ago? I wonder if I booked 1 night at departure airport and 1 night at the arrival airport at the same time as the flights, if it'd qualify for a package and possibly a deposit?
I'd travel from UK if the price was right!

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 19, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

It works for me if I book one night in RPR in the middle !
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 19, 07:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Alices Aunt
Imagineer

Mobile

I’d fly united if the flights and price were right for me. But your package seems expensive.

The family we are going on holiday with this year have paid for flights to New York and then Orlando for £2450 for 3 adults and 2 children for 10-27 Aug this year with air lingus via Dublin. But the flights for next August aren’t out until Sept so any package is going to add extra just in case.
Alices Aunt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 19, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by lam View Post
We had enough airmiles for 1 roundtrip to orlando from dublin last year but wanted to stop off in new york for 5 nights. We didn't have enough additional airmiles for the domestic flight from orlando to new york. We were also worried if they added on tax, it may not be cost effective for us to use our miles for booking trips.

However, I needn't have worried as United allowed us to travel on a codeshare aer lingus flight DIRECT to Orlando, then take a flight from Orlando to New York (Newark), stay 5 nights and then travel from JFK to Dublin direct on a codeshare aer lingus flight. All this for the same airmiles as a return flight from Dublin to Orlando.Think it was 25,000 or 30,0000 miles per leg/journey! AND the total tax was about €50.It varies per flight and day and date.
The best selection is at about 11months to a year out and you can do it online-just use the multi-city option and it will allow you to do the flights as 1 ticket.

We were delighted
Fantastic, thanks! We'd be flying from Dublin too Did you have to arrange the codeshare over the phone, or where you able to do that online? I know when booking online it does tell you if it's a codeshare or not, but not sure if that changes when paying with airmiles for the atual booking.

I've had enough airmiles for a year or so now, but I'm saving them for a 'rainy day' As I swap between United (who I do normally like to choose specifically for the airmiles) and Aerlingus (because sometimes they're cheaper) I try to do something to add to my airmiles to keep them valid. I've used Super Shuttle a few times for transfers to my NYC hotels over the years and they give me around 50 airmiles I accidentally let them expire once a few years ago and had to pay to reinstate
PumpkinCupcake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 19, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
*jovi_girl*
Imagineer

Mobile

I’ve took to risk and booked with Disney then will book my flights when they’re released
*jovi_girl* is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 19, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
AvGeek
Looking for my Ears

Mobile

Good plan, no regular seats on sale with scheduled airlines yet for Aug 2020. Look out for deals Sep/Oct onwards A’s supply comes on line.
AvGeek is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List