Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 10 May 19, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Gerrard2005
Gone all Goofy

Dublin to Orlando please help

Hi all, fist time posting here.

I’m looking for some advice on flying Dublin to Orlando, I’ve read about the pre clearance, but can someone explain to me exactly what happens and also what happens when you arrive in Orlando?

I’m also a really nervous flyer, someone told me I’m likely to get pulled by immigration for looking shifty, anyone experienced anything like this before?

Thank you in advance.
Gerrard2005 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 19, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
dmurray0
Getting Excited

When you fly direct from DUB-MCO you clear customs in Ireland, so you arrive in America as a domestic arrival and don't have to queue up and do customs. You get you bags and away you go ... Saves a good bit of time. If you look shifty at any airport you'd get pulled...relax, you're on holiday :-) :-)
dmurray0 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 19, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Grapesoda
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Arrive at the airport, check in your luggage and go through security.

About 1 hour before your flight follow the signs to pre-clearance where the custom officer will take your pic and ask you a few questions! That’s it!

When you get to Orlando grab your bags and off you go!

DLP Jan 2014 ~ Sante Fe
DLP Jan 2015 ~ Cheyenne
Pretrip report Here
Report in progress Here
Food Report ~ Here
Grapesoda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 19, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSevSpaghetti
Getting Excited

Mobile

Customs at Ireland seemed a bit more relaxed than in america as well.
Meant when got to Orlando we just walked off the plane to get our luggage and no checks.
MrsSevSpaghetti is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 19, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
McSleepy
VIP Dibber

Mobile

The pre clearance in Dublin is staffed by US immigration. Once you are cleared through there you are effectively on US soil. When you land in the US you arrive in the same terminal as US internal flights so you will go direct to baggage claim.

Sun Haven Villa

Modern 6 Bed Villa
Monitored Alarm
South Facing Pool/Spa
Covered Lanai
Super Fast WiFi
Large screen HDTV
Pool Table

McSleepy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 19, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
pokerbanter
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Grapesoda View Post
Arrive at the airport, check in your luggage and go through security.

About 1 hour before your flight follow the signs to pre-clearance where the custom officer will take your pic and ask you a few questions! That’s it!

When you get to Orlando grab your bags and off you go!

Can i jump in & ask a question ?

We have a 3 hour layover in Dublin (flying Edinburgh to Orlando). Do we collect our bags or will they go straight through?

Also, are there many shops after security & also shops after pre-clearance?
pokerbanter is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 19, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
dmurray0
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by pokerbanter View Post
Can i jump in & ask a question ?

We have a 3 hour layover in Dublin (flying Edinburgh to Orlando). Do we collect our bags or will they go straight through?

Also, are there many shops after security & also shops after pre-clearance?
In answer to your queries... No, straight through, and very little after pre-clearance...
dmurray0 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 19, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

We have flown from Dublin to Orlando about 12 times now.

Here is our experience:

When you check in your bags at terminal 2 in Dublin and get your boarding passes, last time, they also gave me a US customs form to fill in.
You go up the elevator or take the lift to security.

We needed to scan our passport to get through to security check.
Once trough, there are a few shops (J Malone), newsagent type shop, champagne bar, cafe, pub and if you take the escalator, an open plan restaurant arrangement , where you can purchase hot or cold meals, drinks, sandwiches etc.

Sometimes they call your flight through the pre-clearance area BUT we never wait for the call. We proceed as quick as we can to avoid being at the end of the line!

To get to preclearance, follow the well positioned signage and proceed downstairs.

There is a further security check (shoes off, sealed transparent plastic bag for liquids, separate tray for electrical items )etc.

An officer will then direct you to a booth and you will be asked about your trip. Finger prints taken, photo and you will be asked to identify your luggage from a picture on their computer.At this point, they asked for my Customs Form too.BUT I'm not sure if they 'do' this form anymore?May be all electronic now.

Once through to the gates, there is a small cafe with seating, a grab and go type place and souvenir type cart/shop and a newsagent.
Unless things have radically changed since we flew out last year, thats about it!

Just check the customs forms bit.

Hope this helps.

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 19, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
lesmcguffog
VIP Dibber

lesmcguffog's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
And don’t forget if you want to buy alcohol as it’s not free you need Euros or Dollars for the flight each way
California; San Fran, Napa, Monteray,
Georgia; Savanah
lesmcguffog is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 19, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Warkman58
Imagineer

There is a video on Dublin airports web page if the process, which us very easy and relaxed. Thevlast two tines we have not had to fill in the customs form

dublinairport/at-the...rance-facility
Villa Formosa Gardens, Flights BA/Aer Lingus
20th August 2016 to 3rd September 2016,
Warkman58 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List