Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 1 Jun 19, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
kaip
slightly serious Dibber

Hilton, 14 day disney, discovery cove/seaworld/aquatica, universal tickets and they are only taking £500!

Haven't thought this trip out have they
Old 1 Jun 19, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

This is quite upsetting. I too have ltd mobility and believe me I have planning to a 't'!
Preferred rooms,day at parks, day of rest,day at pool, then another park etc etc.

I genuinely think she should go back to Ocean Florida about the whole holiday. They win the British travel awards in 2018. So I'd expect them to review any advice they have given this couple and sort it quickly. Which hotel is it they are booked into? Did you say the Hilton?which one?

Also, do they even have medical insurance cover?
Perhaps they don't feel comfortable driving in the USA? There are only a few places that will take a booking without a credit card.
I really feel their TA has let them down here IF they were aware of the full facts.
Can they take out a small credit union loan to cover them?

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 19, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

Hilton seaworld.Just found it.
Is it the hilton grand vacations at seaworld?
This hotel is listed as being close both to universal and disney and is across the road from seaworld, so served by lynx to disney and quite central to all 3 places, I can now see where the TA is coming from.
Other prob is that this place can charge a RESORT FEE of $24 a day! Is that included? is the tax included too? or is this more expense this couple is unaware of?
My word, wat a hornets nest!

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 19, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I'd suggest they look at switching to Enclave Suites , includes a decent continental breakfast or upgrade to cooked for £6 . Kitchenette in all rooms, free shuttles to Seaworld and Universal and paying shuttle to Disney. In house pizza hut and Chillis right next door (three items for $10 menu ). Should be the same price or less but I think they'd spend less. No resort fee.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 19, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Mkp1974
Helping Minnie

Mobile

Resort fee would be paid locally on checkout. Same in Clearwater
Mkp1974 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 19, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

The good news is that if it is this resort, there is a fridge and microwave and toaster.
It is extremely pretty and gets good reviews from tripadvisor.

There is also a provisions market and deli and a cafe serving food.
Theres a CVS across the street/road

A shuttle will take them back and forth to their room, if it is far away from the hospitality area and a shuttle from hotel takes them to G13 bus stop where they can connect to buses
to other attractions.

There also seems to be shuttles and lyft avaialable to international drive for $10 and to the parks too

so not so bad !

Old 1 Jun 19, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
suecee
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I have recently come back from Orlando. I have severe arthritis in my knees & just little younger than your honeymooners.

There is no way I could do 10 days in a row at the parks. I planned a park day mostly every other day. I didn't want to hire a scooter.

I had pain relief injections before I went. I also tooks lots of medication.

I had a great time doing this and had no major pain issues (unlike last year when I only planned 1 rest day).

We used Uber every day to the parks or malls etc. The total amount we spent was £310. That was staying in the LBV area and included an Uber xl to MCO.

I doubt car hire with parking would be cheaper but I could be wrong.

The other advantage with Uber is that they drop you pretty much at the park entrance (except MK).

I really hope they can work this out.

I'm not sure I could manage not being able to bring back any souveniers/clothes.
Old 1 Jun 19, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

My primary concern that stands out from your original post is you say they aren’t in the best of health so why would they even consider such a busy, active holiday when the weather is going to be hot?
This will sap the energy out of the fittest person.
Let alone have the added stress of an absolutely minimum budget.
We travel regularly on a budget but even I couldn’t do that one for Florida.
Have they got good travel insurance and have declared all health issues ?

You are genuinely trying to help but they seem to have bitten off far more than they can chew.

I would try and write everything down all the dates, travel and plan from there .
You have 7 weeks to get it sorted and it can be done , check the residence inn Seaworld though I think they have started charging for parking.

Edited at 06:11 PM.
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 19, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
scojos
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by snowbelle View Post
My primary concern that stands out from your original post is you say they aren’t in the best of health so why would they even consider such a busy, active holiday when the weather is going to be hot?
This will sap the energy out of the fittest person.
Let alone have the added stress of an absolutely minimum budget.

Have they got good travel insurance and have declared all health issues ?

You are genuinely trying to help but they seem to have bitten off far mco red than they can chew.

I would try and write everything down all the dates, travel and plan from there .
You have 7 weeks to get it sorted and it can be done , check the residence inn Seaworld though I think they have started charging for parking.
Being disabled doesnt stop u doing fl.
But it does slow u down massively.
Personally id suck it up and hire an ecv (i have major mobility issues too).

I hope the op can show them this post.
scojos is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 19, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by scojos View Post
Being disabled doesnt stop u doing fl.
But it does slow u down massively.
Personally id suck it up and hire an ecv (i have major mobility issues too).

I hope the op can show them this post.
The Op nor my post mentions them being disabled , she says they aren’t in the best of health and this is what I have quoted in my post.
This could cover a whole range of conditions, I have IBS which could make me “not in the best of health “ sometimes .. but not disabled
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List