Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 31 May 19, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
dubletrub
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Georgia failed her driving test for the third time today, so she is feeling miserable naturally. She said it was possibly the worst of her three tests and she is doubting her ability to pass 😒 Of course she is keeping going and has booked another test for after the exams and our holiday now. We do wish she could have got it out of the way before Monday’s two exams.
I wish Georgia could be celebrating today like Molly instead of feeling so miserable. I really hope she passes on her next one x
dubletrub is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 19, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Stardust5
Imagineer

Georgia failed her driving test for the third time today, so she is feeling miserable naturally. She said it was possibly the worst of her three tests and she is doubting her ability to pass 😒 Of course she is keeping going and has booked another test for after the exams and our holiday now. We do wish she could have got it out of the way before Monday’s two exams.
Oh no, poor Georgia, bless her, it’s so hard but pleased she is determined to carry on and booked her next test.
Stardust5 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 19, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Magic Mouse
Imagineer

Mobile

I’m sorry Georgia didn’t pass, maybe the stress of exams didn’t help.

My DD postponed her driving test, she should have been doing it today but her instructor didn’t think she was quite ready. She’s booked again after the exams.

Hope you’ll be able cheer her up x
Orlando/Indian Shores - Aug 14 Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 16
Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 18
Magic Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 19, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by WhereIBelong View Post
oh no... she will be feeling miserable. Often the first time "clever" kids taste failure is in the driving test. It can really knock them for six. Hope she can leave it behind her and look ahead to the coming exams. Good luck to her...

DD has English on Monday and is trying to motivate herself to do some test questions. Seems to be running out of oooomph...
She is still a bit down but has decided to just concentrate on the exams for now as her next driving test is after the exams. You are right about it being her first taste of failing, she has never failed a test academically so this has been frustrating for her. I am very proud of her not giving up attitude though, she rebooked her retest within 10 minutes of coming back from her test today.

Georgia has English (King Lear) and Biology exams Monday too, so plenty to take her mind off her disappointment today 😀
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 19, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bugsy View Post
Poor thing. As someone who passed on the fifth attempt I know how she feels.

Driving is a lot about experience and awareness. I’m sure she will pass next time and be a better driver for it.
Thank you, it’s good to hear from others who took a few attempts. My best friend took four and she keeps telling Georgia to keep going too.

As Georgia wants to work in conservation, driving is possibly going to be vital for her in the future
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 19, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by sammykitten View Post
It’s horrible seeing them so upset isn’t it. Good that Georgia has already booked in again though, the key is not to give up because practice really does make the difference.
She didn’t cry this time, she was heartbroken last time. She seemed to be more annoyed with herself this time and can’t understand why she finds it so difficult. Again, I think it’s because she usually passes tests and exams well she is finding this so disappointing
Old 31 May 19, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by dubletrub View Post
I wish Georgia could be celebrating today like Molly instead of feeling so miserable. I really hope she passes on her next one x
I do too, but I’m still thrilled that Molly passed 😀 . I think we will have a huge celebration when she does eventually pass 😂
Old 2 Jun 19, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Are we ready for more exam postmortems this week then mums and dads?

Not gonna lie, this has been a horrible week for my DD. She's been so sad, really struggled to get motivated or focussed, knowing she needs to do it but not motivated to, so it became a vicious circle. On Thursday and Friday she broke down in tears with the weight of it all, even though on Friday she had started to pick up the revision again (not sure if that was making her feel worse though, making her feel like she didn't know anything and was running out of time to recall it).

She was better yesterday, she had a good productive day revising (I was around but gave her all the peace and quiet she wanted) and she was comfortable and pleased with the work she had done. I do think she'll manage much better back in college, where she can go to tutor revision classes when she doesn't have exams (4 this week!). I've decided to take some time off work midweek after this next week, so I can be around for her at home, for company more than anything else (and she might have some spare time that week as she only has one exam, to go shopping for bits and pieces for her holiday, which is the week after that).

Its all go, but we can only do the best we can (just like our young adults).

Best of luck to everyone!

Edited at 08:59 PM.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 19, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

Not gonna lie, this has been a horrible week for my DD. She's been so sad, really struggled to get motivated or focussed, knowing she needs to do it but not motivated to, so it became a vicious circle. On Thursday and Friday she broke down in tears with the weight of it all, even though on Friday she had started to pick up the revision again (not sure if that was making her feel worse though, making her feel like she didn't know anything and was running out of time to recall it).

She was better yesterday though, she had a good productive day revising (I was around but gave her all the peace and quiet she wanted) and she was comfortable and pleased with the work she had done. I do think she'll manage much better back in college, where she can go to tutor revision classes when she doesn't have exams (4 this week!). I've decided to take some time off work midweek after next week, so I can be around for her at home, for company more than anything else (and she might have some spare time that week as she only has one exam, to go shopping for bits and pieces for her holiday, which is the week after that).

Good luck to your DD this week!

My DS just has 2 practicals this week! I say “just” - it is enough!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 19, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

She was better yesterday, she had a good productive day revising (I was around but gave her all the peace and quiet she wanted) and she was comfortable and pleased with the work she had done. I do think she'll manage much better back in college, where she can go to tutor revision classes when she doesn't have exams (4 this week!). I've decided to take some time off work midweek after this next week, so I can be around for her at home, for company more than anything else (and she might have some spare time that week as she only has one exam, to go shopping for bits and pieces for her holiday, which is the week after that).

It’s heartbreaking isn’t it, when it gets too much too much for them? I think they all go through it at one point through the exams.

Pleased your DD had a better day yesterday and hopefully her extra lessons in college this week will help too.

Georgia has revised for hours the last two days, barely stopping. She has two big exams tomorrow, English (King Lear) which she has learnt over 150 quotes for, and her first written Biology exam which is very important to her as it’s her university degree subject. She seems calm about it at the moment, I just hope it goes well for her tomorrow and for all our children in the next few weeks now.

As you say, all we can do now is support them and give them our love