Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 29 May 19, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
VizslaMom
Getting Excited

What a fabulous report! Thank you so much for taking the time to write it. I have never stayed on-site, but would love to.
You have given me so many ideas for where and what to try out, when I go back in November. (alone )
I hope the Disney Blues are lessening - they are awful and only other 'Disney-ites' can appreciate the true severity of this ailment!

Thank you again
VizslaMom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 19, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Literally just read this start to finish! Oh man you ate a lot of food! And to have all those credits left aswell! We only had 5 days on DDP last year and left with 18 unused credits (QS & snacks!) God knows how we would fare if we stayed onsite any longer!

Lots of lovely snack credits and the variation of QS meals is great. We are onsite this year with no DDP so will be trying lots of snacks! Great read!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 19, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by VizslaMom View Post
What a fabulous report! Thank you so much for taking the time to write it. I have never stayed on-site, but would love to.
You have given me so many ideas for where and what to try out, when I go back in November. (alone )
I hope the Disney Blues are lessening - they are awful and only other 'Disney-ites' can appreciate the true severity of this ailment!

Thank you again
Thank you I am glad it has given you some good ideas. There are some great things OOP like the fruit waffle and the fries that are great even without dining plan. The Disney blues are still going but I have just accepted that with the hope that I will hopefully get back lol. Hope you have a great time on your tip

Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando View Post
Literally just read this start to finish! Oh man you ate a lot of food! And to have all those credits left aswell! We only had 5 days on DDP last year and left with 18 unused credits (QS & snacks!) God knows how we would fare if we stayed onsite any longer!

Lots of lovely snack credits and the variation of QS meals is great. We are onsite this year with no DDP so will be trying lots of snacks! Great read!
Thanks, Glad you enjoyed it. You really do build up an excess of credits there is just way too much food lol. It definitely encourages people to eat way too much
Hope you have a great holiday.

It would be interesting to see a report from both of you with an OOP perspective. I am pretty sure buying the holiday on a different deal and paying out of pocket will probably work out better in some cases and wont leave you feeling like a bloated pig lol. It would be interesting to see how you both get on
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 19, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Rosiew
Proud to wear my Ears

I have just read your report really helpful. August will be our second time in Disney. The first time was two years ago in a villa and mostly eating in restaurants. This time we have DDP and staying in Disney sport. This might be a dumb question but how do you know what you can spend your credits on. Many thanks.
Rosiew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Butterbeer
Trying for More Ears

I've just finished reading your report and wanted to say thank you! We have booked to go next September for 2 weeks onsite with the free QSDP. It's our first time on site and we last went in February 2014, staying offsite, so there is a lot of new places and places we didn't try last time. You've given me plenty of inspiration and I can't wait to see how the QSDP works for us (we're just 2 adults). We like to snack a lot and some of the cocktails you had sound amazing so I think it should work quite well for us!
Did you notice if there was many (any) vegetarian options in all of the QS restaurants you tried? I will eat chicken, but I don't really enjoy any other meat, and I hate BBQ sauce and smoked things, so vegetarian gives me more choice usually.
Thanks again!
Butterbeer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rosiew View Post
I have just read your report really helpful. August will be our second time in Disney. The first time was two years ago in a villa and mostly eating in restaurants. This time we have DDP and staying in Disney sport. This might be a dumb question but how do you know what you can spend your credits on. Many thanks.
Glad you found it useful... Not a stupid question at all. Basically if it has the purple QSDP logo it is a snack credit otherwise generally it is classed as 1QS credit and with that you get drink e.g at sleepy hollow the chocolate waffle was a QS credit though most wouldn't class it as a 'meal'. If you are unsure just ask but the CM's usually explain it anyway. Have a great time
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Butterbeer View Post
I've just finished reading your report and wanted to say thank you! We have booked to go next September for 2 weeks onsite with the free QSDP. It's our first time on site and we last went in February 2014, staying offsite, so there is a lot of new places and places we didn't try last time. You've given me plenty of inspiration and I can't wait to see how the QSDP works for us (we're just 2 adults). We like to snack a lot and some of the cocktails you had sound amazing so I think it should work quite well for us!
Did you notice if there was many (any) vegetarian options in all of the QS restaurants you tried? I will eat chicken, but I don't really enjoy any other meat, and I hate BBQ sauce and smoked things, so vegetarian gives me more choice usually.
Thanks again!
Your welcome...Glad you enjoyed it. There seemed to be a good variety of vegetarian options. Like you my preference is chicken but plenty of the meals could be done without the meat. I also noticed there were lots of salads as well (though I am not a salad person lol) Hope you have a great trip
Old 3 Jun 19, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Pua
New Poster (2)

Just binge read your trip report and loved it I've just booked for next year with QSDP, having done DDP x3, but just couldn't justify the extra cost with all the amazing options for QS around right now. Sounds like you all had a fab time!
Pua is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Butterbeer
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by 3disneykids View Post
Your welcome...Glad you enjoyed it. There seemed to be a good variety of vegetarian options. Like you my preference is chicken but plenty of the meals could be done without the meat. I also noticed there were lots of salads as well (though I am not a salad person lol) Hope you have a great trip
Good to know they could be done without meat, and that there was a variety of vegetarian things too. I'm not a salad fan either! But there's plenty of snacks that I like the look of based on your report so I'll be fine! Thanks again
Butterbeer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 19, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
DiddyDan
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Just wanted to say a massive thank you for sharing your food report with us! It looks like you had a fab time and you have helped a lot of people
I’m not even on the dining plan this year and you’ve given me a list of lots of food i want to try!

I can’t believe you managed to post at the end of every day, i’m always too tired at the end of the day, we’ll done!

thank you again

With parents 00,01,04,07,12,13-With Dave! Xmas 08 Villa/09 Vegas-LA-San Fran/10 NY-Orlando KV, VB, RP & BLT/11 Vegas/12 LA & Disney Cali/14 DLP/15 Orlando Wedding/16 Orlando Poly & SSR & Vegas/17 Orlando BLT & SSR/17 DLP/18 Orlando
DiddyDan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List