Old 10 Jun 19, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
belfastbabe
Apprentice Imagineer

belfastbabe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
ID for universal

Haven't been to universal in many years- could anyone advise -do you need to bring photo ID for first use? Don't want to have to carry passports around all day!
belfastbabe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
galaxyflorida
Apprentice Imagineer

If you've got actual tickets, I don't know of anyone on here, or indeed anyone at all, who's been asked for ID at universal.

enjoy!

Orlando I-Drive April 2010, July 2017
New York and Washington October 2016
New York and Toronto July 2019
galaxyflorida is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
belfastbabe
Apprentice Imagineer

belfastbabe's Reviews
Thanks galaxy - have actual tickets - it says at bottom(underneath guest signature) and on back 'photo I'd required ' but don't remember having been asked before!
belfastbabe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
RobandLynsey
Very Serious Dibber

I have never been asked, one word of caution my Brother in Law who lives in the US said that most states require you to carry photo ID if you are driving and it is recommended to carry at all times in case a cop asks you for ID. I always forget as am trying to travel light when going to the parks and he sometimes seems overly cautious but worth noting.
Old 10 Jun 19, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by galaxyflorida View Post
If you've got actual tickets, I don't know of anyone on here, or indeed anyone at all, who's been asked for ID at universal.

enjoy!
well, now you know one...

I have been asked on a few occasions

first time use of a 14 day ticket from ATD (the tyvvek ones) quite a few years back

then whenever the fingerprint failed to scan (ticket or AP), and they needed ID to reset it. (last time was last august at the entrance to the Studios). I didn't have ID on me, and they only let me through after I disclosed personnal info (DOB and expiry date of my AP), the TM disappeared for a couple of minutes to check the info, before he agreed to reset the print)

OP,if you don't want to carry ID, you can take a laminated color photocopy of your passport, or take a picture of it on your phone (beware of syncing the photos to the cloud and poor privacy settings)
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 19, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
belfastbabe
Apprentice Imagineer

belfastbabe's Reviews
Wow thanks chmurf! I guess it's a case of better safe than sorry- wouldn't want to go all that way and get stopped at the gate!
Old 11 Jun 19, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Clarentino
slightly serious Dibber

My annual pass has a lovely big sticker that says "ID REQUIRED" . For some reason my fingerprint never works at Universal but it's fine at Disney. So now I always show ID at Universal & don't bother with a fingerprint. When I had 14 day tickets they didn't always ask for ID, sometimes they were ok with just verifying my signature on the ticket.
Clarentino is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 19, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post

We have always stayed on site and most definitely would never have carried ID on us to the parks, never been asked.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 19, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
belfastbabe
Apprentice Imagineer

belfastbabe's Reviews
As were not staying on site (virgin villa) , it would be a bit of a journey to travel back for id if needed- so guess will have to bring some for first day anyway! Do you think a photocopy would do?
Old 11 Jun 19, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

Please don't colour copy a passport. Its actually illegal to do in the UK.
A black and white copy is fine and will be accepted. As will a photograph.

Its v rare for the gates to ask for photo id. Normally only when a finger scan needs to be reset.

Edited at 10:50 PM.
gavvy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List