Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
Happy double digits day!
I’m so excited for your trip, I can’t wait to hear all about Galaxy Edge. I think I’m a bit like you I would just be over the moon if I actually got my foot in the place! The uncertainty makes the planning a bit of a pain but you have a few options to play with.
I’ll report back if we get in on our first day. I do think if I get inside the Falcon I may actually cry!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Mobile

Well this really is getting out of hand! So I was browsing the Dibb and saw someone offering to rent some DVC points. Thinking out loud I asked Marie if she could stay anywhere DVC where would it be. This is followed by a conversation about how handy it would be to stay at BWV or BCV. Before I know it I’ve sent a message asking about availability. There is none so now thinking outside the box we start talking about the Swalphin. Suddenly we have a night booked at the Dolphin! Fast forward a day and it’s now two!
So we had been thinking it’s handy for DHS and a wander in to see if Galaxy’s Edge is quieter later at night. Then thinking you can’t really enjoy the hotel with one night plus the Boardwalk area, dinner at The Yachtsman, Epcot etc. I think staying at Boardwalk last year was a mistake! The rate we booked under says upgrade of room category so we’re hoping for a resort view room.
This now means no overnight at Universal barring a lottery win as that would just be ridiculous.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

You are naughty!

It is an absolute nightmare to get any availability in the Crescent Lake area with DVC. We couldn't even get anything at 10 months, I was disappointed as I really wanted BC.

I knew the BW location was going to spoil you for the future!

I really think that the Swalphin are such eyesores and should be razored to the ground, they are just so 90s (I know the 90s are in now haha), but you can't argue with the location or the price versus Disney rooms. Really excited to hear about how your stay there pans out.

Nik and I were watching a vlog of Four Seasons last night, I told him to keep on dreaming.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

I love it! The Dibb is wonderful it helps you save so much money but then leads you into so much temptation. I was so close to booking the Yacht Club for the night for our anniversary but we’ve gone for Portofino instead... I can pretend I’ve had the night at Universal for you and you can do the Disney night for me I hope my pretend night is the one where you get your foot in that millennium falcon
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
You are naughty!

It is an absolute nightmare to get any availability in the Crescent Lake area with DVC. We couldn't even get anything at 10 months, I was disappointed as I really wanted BC.

I knew the BW location was going to spoil you for the future!

I really think that the Swalphin are such eyesores and should be razored to the ground, they are just so 90s (I know the 90s are in now haha), but you can't argue with the location or the price versus Disney rooms. Really excited to hear about how your stay there pans out.

Nik and I were watching a vlog of Four Seasons last night, I told him to keep on dreaming.
Yes Marie suggested the 4 Seasons but the location wasn’t right 😉.
The rooms at the Dolphin look lovely but I agree the buildings aren’t great. I wasn’t overly surprised that there was nothing at BWV or BCV given the whole Galaxy’s Edge thing but I was surprised that the Dolphin had rooms and at a good price. Had we just went for the Friday it would have been $162 before tax which I thought was pretty good. You do have to pay for parking though so we’re discussing using the bus to save $50!

Trip Report Index
Old 15 Jun 19, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
Yes Marie suggested the 4 Seasons but the location wasn’t right 😉.
The rooms at the Dolphin look lovely but I agree the buildings aren’t great. I wasn’t overly surprised that there was nothing at BWV or BCV given the whole Galaxy’s Edge thing but I was surprised that the Dolphin had rooms and at a good price. Had we just went for the Friday it would have been $162 before tax which I thought was pretty good. You do have to pay for parking though so we’re discussing using the bus to save $50!
That's a fab price, I'd definitely leave the car behind, it's unlikely you'll need it.

I know some people don't like the feel of the Dolphin inside because it seems quite convention-y but I think it feels very luxurious. You might not want to go back to CSR
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Mobile

That's a fab price, I'd definitely leave the car behind, it's unlikely you'll need it.

I know some people don't like the feel of the Dolphin inside because it seems quite convention-y but I think it feels very luxurious. You might not want to go back to CSR
Exactly, the point is to be close to DHS so unlikely we’ll use the car.

I’m hoping CSR is our new favourite so we’ll want to get back! Funnily, we had one night at the Grand Floridan a few years back after a stay at CBR and although I loved GF I missed CBR so hopefully it’ll be a bit like that! I’m looking forward to being close to the food court and trying the new 3 bridges place.

Trip Report Index
Old 18 Jun 19, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
Exactly, the point is to be close to DHS so unlikely we’ll use the car.

I’m hoping CSR is our new favourite so we’ll want to get back! Funnily, we had one night at the Grand Floridan a few years back after a stay at CBR and although I loved GF I missed CBR so hopefully it’ll be a bit like that! I’m looking forward to being close to the food court and trying the new 3 bridges place.
The menu at 3 bridges sounds great!

We have an ADR at Rix Sports Bar and Grill as Nik is really keen on their lunch menu (it doesn't get good reviews, but we'll go and see for herself) and I have to say I was tempted to change to 3 Bridges, but he'd never forgive me.
Old 19 Jun 19, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
I love it! The Dibb is wonderful it helps you save so much money but then leads you into so much temptation. I was so close to booking the Yacht Club for the night for our anniversary but we’ve gone for Portofino instead... I can pretend I’ve had the night at Universal for you and you can do the Disney night for me I hope my pretend night is the one where you get your foot in that millennium falcon
Thanks! Although I wouldn’t be surprised if we still end up at Universal for a night . I keep saying we don’t need it but it’s so good to have the express passes!

The menu at 3 bridges sounds great!

We have an ADR at Rix Sports Bar and Grill as Nik is really keen on their lunch menu (it doesn't get good reviews, but we'll go and see for herself) and I have to say I was tempted to change to 3 Bridges, but he'd never forgive me.
Yes the menu there does look nice. It would be another OOP for us though and I’m trying to limit those!

Trip Report Index
Old 21 Jun 19, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Even more excited now as I’ve emailed the Dolphin regarding the rate we booked and whether we should expect an upgrade. They’ve replied confirming that we will be upgraded to a resort view plus another email booking confirmation at the back of it with resort view! Now hopefully we can watch the fireworks from our room!

Trip Report Index