Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Jun 19, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
SimplyDisney
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by LISAM View Post
We go on a monday in December. Its still showing on my BA booking, but only indirect flights available on Aer Lingus. Should i phone BA or wait for them to phone me?
I would like to hear the response from BA, would be great if you could get this in writing and send it to me! I think it’s really poor of Aer Lingus to have conflicting dates/information etc. and then tell me the dates could still change back. Leaves it hard for me to know what to do re. hotels etc.
·1991 Polynesian ·1999 Villa ·2001 Wyndham Palace Resort & Spa ·2005 Port Orleans French Quarter ·2006 Boardwalk Inn ·2007 Polynesian ·2009 Contemporary Resort ·2010 Yacht Club ·2012 Buena Vista Palace ·2015 Grand Floridian Resort & Spa ·2018 Polynesian & Grand Floridian Resort & Spa ·2019 Beach Club ·2022 Beach Club, Grand Floridian Resort & Spa & Hard Rock Hotel ·2023 Yacht Club & Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
SimplyDisney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
LISAM
Imagineer

I haven’t phoned - I strongly suspect they won’t do anything yet as flights still showing available on BA website. It’s annoying as we’re flying from Aberdeen and really hoped to go via Dublin as we have to get from Heathrow to Gatwick from Aberdeen and its a faff
Last time we went we were supposed to come home via Dublin and had to be changed to London as flight times changed and didn’t fit in with Aberdeen flights.
Old 17 Jun 19, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
LISAM
Imagineer

Oh well, got the email today. Aberdeen to Dublin on the 9th and Dublin to Orlando on the 10th. Em no thanks. We’re only going 8 nights and it’s my 50th birthday so I’m not losing any time.
I have to decide if we should go on th 8th from Aberdeen to Heathrow then get a taxi to Gatwick and BA will pay for hotel then fly on 9th as plannned, or go on the 7th Via Dublin adding 2 days onto holiday but have to pay extra car hire and hotel for 2 nights. Decisions decisions...
Old 17 Jun 19, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
MinniMouse
VIP Dibber

MinniMouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by silver_age View Post
That's bonkers - surely they can't move the flight by a whole day? We're going with Norwegian in August, booked in Jan and they e-mailed me in Feb to say the outbound flight had been put back by 90 mins. I can live with that, but 24 hours would have hacked me off. They must realize you will have accommodation and hire cars etc. booked based on the original dates.
The airlines can do what they want!

We booked direct flights with Virgin Atlantic towards the end of last year for next month. We were booked to fly out on a Thursday. VA sent us an email to say the flight was cancelled and moved to the Friday so we are losing a day of our holiday and our only option is to go with another carrier (but it would be indirect) or suck it up. It is a pain as we are losing a day and I have to change car hire dates.

They are all the same
MinniMouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 19, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

I'm actually flying out around a similar time, but flying to Miami instead and then home from Boston. I've had two emails now to say our flight times have changed, but they seem to suit us better as it actually gives us slightly longer. I'll have to keep an eye on them!
PumpkinCupcake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 19, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
LISAM
Imagineer

I still can’t decide wether to stick to same days and go via London or add on 2 days and stick with Dublin, but have to pay the extra car hire and 2 nights hotel.
Old 18 Jun 19, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
LISAM
Imagineer

We’re now booked to fly down the night before, BA are paying for Hilton Gatwick with breakfast and 11.35am flight on the Monday so we’ll,arrive earlier in Orlando. I’m quite pleased with that and BA were very good.