Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 15 Jun 19, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
TEL N KEL
Imagineer

Discovery Cove Cabana

Looking at booking a cabana for 4 adults, will there only be 2 sun loungers ?
From what I can find out it looks like you get 4 chairs and 2 loungers is this correct or would there be a lounger for each person.
I understand you only get a limited space.

If you only get 2 loungers are you allowed to carry 2 from the standard seating to your cabana area ?

Seems a lot of money if you do not get a lounger each
Old 16 Jun 19, 06:54 AM  
Link to this Post
ohpair
Excited about Disney

We had 2 loungers and a hammock (right by the dolphin pool) I don’t think there would be room for more in there. There was also a table and 4 chairs so we took it in turns. If I’m honest we didn’t really spend that much time in there.

Edited at 06:57 AM.
ohpair is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I agree with ohpair, there wouldn't be room for 4 loungers but it wasn't a problem, if we were all there together we took it in turns, the chairs by the table were comfortable enough.

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisatink
Getting Excited

Mobile

I thought about booking a cabana but glad I didn't. We spent all day in the water. It would have been a waste of money.
Lisatink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
TEL N KEL
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lisatink View Post
I thought about booking a cabana but glad I didn't. We spent all day in the water. It would have been a waste of money.
This is one thing that is bothering me, they look worth the money if your going to get the use out of it but if your only going to spend a short time using it then the cost is not worth it.
Old 16 Jun 19, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
TEL N KEL
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ohpair View Post
We had 2 loungers and a hammock (right by the dolphin pool) I don’t think there would be room for more in there. There was also a table and 4 chairs so we took it in turns. If I’m honest we didn’t really spend that much time in there.
As you state you di not spend much time there do you still think it was worth having one ?
Did you still benefit from having it ?

Or do you think you could of done with out it ?
Old 16 Jun 19, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
mummyroo1
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We have had a cabana both of our previous trips but not this time. To be honest whilst its lovely to have we spend mere minutes in it so really not worth the money
mummyroo1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Mobile

We've had cabana's on a few occasions and I'd certainly have ine again.
If it was me I'd request one to the left of the grand reef near to Sea Venture..I think there are 4 or 5 and you have your own private beach overlooking the reef and there is certainly plenty of room for extra loungers as we have had them in the past
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Kasalic
Excited about Disney

We always book a Cabana, but we get the use out of it as at least 2 of our party are not great water park people and have fair skin and 'Strawberry Blonde' hair.
June 2015 - 14 days - Silver Creek, Clermont
Sept 2016 - 14 days - Gulf Coast
January 2019 - 16 days - Kissimmee
August 2019 - 7 days - I Drive
Kasalic is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyYoda
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mummyroo1 View Post
We have had a cabana both of our previous trips but not this time. To be honest whilst its lovely to have we spend mere minutes in it so really not worth the money
Agree...just get there early...straight to the beach (not breakfast!) Dump stuff on lounger with umbrella...then to breakfast.
DisneyYoda is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List