Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 16 Jun 19, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

Originally Posted by Ked View Post
That’s her perfect night!
Thank you, I’m sure I’ll calm down in a few days - I can’t spend months like this!
You need to believe in her. She will be fine. And if she’s not happy then you/she can deal with it at the time. Don’t waste the summer anticipating something that hasn’t happened.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Ked
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
You need to believe in her. She will be fine. And if she’s not happy then you/she can deal with it at the time. Don’t waste the summer anticipating something that hasn’t happened.
You are right, I should be organising my fastpass list for tomorrow!
she’s just text to say she’s landed and enjoyed her first solo flight
Thank you
Ked is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
hermione25
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Ked View Post
I’m on my way home from Heathrow, leaving dd this morning was awful. She has mixed emotions, I’ve told her to give it 2 weeks and if she hasn’t settled, to come home!
I’m sure she’ll be fine, she’s always wanted to do this and wants to do Disney college programme in the future so hopefully it was just first time nerves.
I’ll be happy when I know she’s happy
As we walked into terminal 2 at 4.30am last Saturday, 2 parents were walking away from passport control crying. That started me off! I managed to pull myself together, though DH was a bit tearful for the last hug, and I’m going to be honest, it was a long silent drive back to Liverpool as neither of us wanted to start the other one off

She’s had a full on week of training and an emergency 2 hour round trip to an emergency dentist for an infection in her wisdom tooth, but she’s loving the camp and the other counsellors. I think she’s been surprised that Pennsylvania nights have been a bit chilly, but her sleeping bag and blanket ordered on Amazon were waiting for her when she arrived.

It’s lunch time there now and she’s just FaceTimed us quickly as the first girl guides are due to arrive in a couple of hours. Missing her so much but it’s lovely to see her happy and having such a great experience.
Old 16 Jun 19, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Ked
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by hermione25 View Post
As we walked into terminal 2 at 4.30am last Saturday, 2 parents were walking away from passport control crying. That started me off! I managed to pull myself together, though DH was a bit tearful for the last hug, and I’m going to be honest, it was a long silent drive back to Liverpool as neither of us wanted to start the other one off

She’s had a full on week of training and an emergency 2 hour round trip to an emergency dentist for an infection in her wisdom tooth, but she’s loving the camp and the other counsellors. I think she’s been surprised that Pennsylvania nights have been a bit chilly, but her sleeping bag and blanket ordered on Amazon were waiting for her when she arrived.

It’s lunch time there now and she’s just FaceTimed us quickly as the first girl guides are due to arrive in a couple of hours. Missing her so much but it’s lovely to see her happy and having such a great experience.
It was like that this morning, a woman was crying and her husband was trying to be brave while they waved their daughter off next to us. I cried all the way to South Wales!
She’s FaceTimed me from the airport while she’s waiting to meet up and she was happy 😃

Hope your dd is ok now and has a great summer

Edited at 07:47 PM.
Ked is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Twinkletoes47
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Feeling quite emotional reading your experiences but your kids are awesome, arriving safely, dealing with immigration and settling in with strangers (that quickly become family).

Sounds like some great memories being made.

DRP 7 times to date!
Anaheim 1984, 1995, 2005
Miami and Kissimmee 1992, Highland Reserve 2011
Universal Cabana Bay, Disney Caribbean Beach, Miami, Key West 2015
New York New York Las Vegas 2016
NYC and Los Angeles 2017
Chicago to Vegas Route 66 Road Trip 2019
Twinkletoes47 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
fizzypop
Imagineer

Do the Camps have doctors? My DD has just sent photos of her arms covered in a nasty rash. She has taken antihistamines and put bite cream on it but nothing is working. She has only been there a week so not much fun if she is allergic to something 🙁
fizzypop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
hermione25
VIP Dibber

Just thought I’d add, it’s been great seeing her happy:

But I’ve had to amend the instruction “remember to send me photos of everything!”, to “send me photos that aren’t going to keep me awake at night!”

Old 16 Jun 19, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
hermione25
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by fizzypop View Post
Do the Camps have doctors? My DD has just sent photos of her arms covered in a nasty rash. She has taken antihistamines and put bite cream on it but nothing is working. She has only been there a week so not much fun if she is allergic to something 🙁
When DDs face swelled up this week, the camp director contacted Camp America direct. They organised an appointment at a dentist and an American camp counsellor drove her to the appointment. It was covered on the insurance she’d got with CA and she just paid $13 for the antibiotics on the prescription she got.

So I don’t think they have doctors on camp, but if she needs a doctors appointment I’d ask her to speak to the camp director who should hopefully help? Alternatively if they have staff visits to the nearest Walmart etc, they usually have pharmacists on site who may be able to help in the first instance? HTH.
Old 16 Jun 19, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
fizzypop
Imagineer

Thank you. It looks really sore. I’ll message her to ask her to show someone. She has just been putting up with it but she can’t do that until September.
fizzypop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
HiddenMickey35
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
oh no not snake... i am phobia of it...

oh no about your daughter face and I think insurance don't cover for densist?

I hope it go okay..

Same with my daughter she send me text or photo at 3 am and I know it is 6 hours behind here.
DCL 6-9April 06,DCL on 18 July 07, Medi.,DCL on 15 Nights Panama Canal - Westbound< May 08, NEW YORK NOV 24-30TH WITH 5 LADIES :, DCL on 3 July '10 for 8 days Dover to Barcelona RCCI - FOS 10 April '11, Spendlour of the Seas, 19 July 2013,Disney Magic 14 Nights WB Tranny Sep 6, 2014, Jamaica June 12-23, 2018, RC Cruise, Halloween 2019, Mexico with groups, Sept 2022, DCL Nowhere on 27th July 2021 for 3 nights?, Anthem of the Seas, Norweigian Fjords Cruise, May 2022

Edited at 09:41 AM.
HiddenMickey35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List