Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 23 Feb 19, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Fiona35
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Next up was a visit to Hoop de doo. This show was amazing and I would go back again, the food wasn't too bad either.
The chef came out to discuss what I could have and I didn't go hungry!
GF cornbread was already on the table along with a salad bowl.

Next out was ribs, chicken strips, mashed potato and beans, sorry I ate most of the plate before taking a photo

Dessert for me was a warmed GF brownie with strawberries and cream, it was yummy and I ate the lot! We used 2 TS credits for this
Fiona35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 19, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Fiona35
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We had a pre park breakfast booked for BOG at 8am and I pre ordered before leaving the UK.
I had poached eggs on GF toast, which was also served with bacon, Brie, sliced tomato and some greenery. Hot drinks were self serve and you found a table to sit at yourself and food was bought to you.
Mine was delivered by the manager with the allergy label with a bowl of fruit salad and as I couldn't have the pastries I was given 3 slices of asstd Erin McKenna cake.
I was too stuffed from the poached eggs on toast to eat the cake, but it made a nice snack for later! My one tip would be to take a small food bag with you as sometimes you can't eat all what you are given and it's easier than wrapping in a serviette.
Fiona35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 19, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Fiona35
Apprentice Imagineer

Lunch today was at POFQ Food court.
There was a separate GF Menu and some yummy items to choose from, but today I really wanted a burger which was yummy. I think it's the novelty of having a burger with a GF Bun!

Edited at 10:54 AM.
Old 24 Feb 19, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Itsabunthing
Apprentice Imagineer

Again, thank you so much. We're also staying at POFQ and the food looks great. Was also very worried about our BoG breakfast and this has allayed my fears.
Itsabunthing is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 19, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Fiona35
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Itsabunthing View Post
Again, thank you so much. We're also staying at POFQ and the food looks great. Was also very worried about our BoG breakfast and this has allayed my fears.
Your very welcome.
If you have any questions ask away and I'll try and help where I can 😀
Old 3 Mar 19, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Brave5
Apprentice Imagineer

Thank you so much for posting GF options! My DS18 was and is still a bit worried he is going to starve on holiday...he is chuffed to bit with the burger and as we are staying at POR we will be making our way across for some GF beignets.

Our plan is to do a GF food report too in August
Brave5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 19, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Fiona35
Apprentice Imagineer

Today we had breakfast in POFQ food court and I choose the GF Mickey waffles with sliced ham, they were lovely but very filling.

Late afternoon we had a reservation at Beaches & Cream. The manager checked who had the allergy as I noted this on all ADR's and rather than look at the menu I asked if it was possible to get a Gluten Free Mickey pants sundae. The manager said no problem but it would take a little longer to do, I was happy to wait😀😋
We chose chocolate, strawberry and vanilla ice cream flavours and it was served with OMG GF brownies, OMG GF cookies, whipped cream, choc sauce and some cherries😀

Old 25 Mar 19, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Kpzorse
Excited about Disney

Kpzorse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Oh my goodness, that pants sundae looks incredible!

Sept '18 - POFQ, March '18- AKL, DLP Feb '18- Cheyenne, Sept '16- POR, Feb '15- CBR
Kpzorse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 19, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Fiona35
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Kpzorse View Post
Oh my goodness, that pants sundae looks incredible!
It was amazing and I can still taste it now

It's a shame when we go in October that Beaches and cream will be closed for refurb, as I shall miss that sundae!
Old 26 Mar 19, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Fiona35
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Next instalment 😀

We had lunch today in Animal Kingdom at Restaurantosaurus.
I had the allergy hot dog and asked for toppings from the back and not the toppings bar due to contamination issues.
As you can see this was a large portion and I enjoyed every mouthful

We then had dinner booked at Be our guest.
I know lots of people loved it here but I wasn't too fussed.
I had the French onion soup for starters which was okay but the cheese was awful to try and break into the soup but the GF bread was okay.

I order the steak which was a little gristly so I left some of it, I also didn't like the potatoes as we couldn't have chips here

For dessert you could only choose between the lemon puff or raspberry sorbet so I ordered the lemon puff . This I didn't like and it also upset my tum what little I ate of it, I later found out it is a sugar free dessert with sweeteners. Don't be fooled by how pretty it looks, I'd rather go without next time.