Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 4 May 19, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
stov
A Guest at All-Stars

Mobile

We have just checked our flight early July, it's now a hifly plane. I phoned Norwegian this am, over an hour on the phone! Long story short, we can't get a refund until we get a text telling me of the change, despite being shown online. Very annoying as they cannot tell me when I'll get the text, so may not have options to change once received.
stov is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 19, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
sharonb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by stov View Post
We have just checked our flight early July, it's now a hifly plane. I phoned Norwegian this am, over an hour on the phone! Long story short, we can't get a refund until we get a text telling me of the change, despite being shown online. Very annoying as they cannot tell me when I'll get the text, so may not have options to change once received.
That is strange, I saw this thread last Saturday and did online chat with them and they cancelled straight away with a full refund, rebooked with Virgin for cheaper as their prices for my dates seem to have gone down.

Try online chat they were really helpful.

Sharon
May 2004 villa in Kissimmee
April 2005 villa in Kissimmee
May 2006 HRH, Hilton Grand Vacation I Drive, Villa on Rolling Hills
Christmas 2006, Fairfield Inn, LBV
Christmas 2007, Springhill Suites LBV, Hard Rock Hotel, POFQ
July/Aug 2008 5 weeks CSR, HGVC Seaworld, HRH

Future Trips: Orlando Aug 09
Orlando Christmas 09 with Mum and Dad
sharonb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 19, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
swintonowl
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I would call them again and hope you get a different answer from a different operator. My flights were for August and they let me cancel and get a free refund even through I hadn’t had the text. Maybe they are trying to stem the flow of cancellations. If you can only change when they notify you it will probably be too late to rebook with another carrier for a better price.

If you do a dummy booking on their website does it show operated by HiFly for your flights?, if so I would push them for a refund as this is not what you paid for when you booked. Make it clear that you paid to fly on a 787 and since they cannot now provide this you want a refund.
swintonowl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 19, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
angelbabe
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sharonb View Post
That is strange, I saw this thread last Saturday and did online chat with them and they cancelled straight away with a full refund, rebooked with Virgin for cheaper as their prices for my dates seem to have gone down.

Try online chat they were really helpful.

Sharon
We did the same and the refund cleared in our account after 5 days. The online chat was really helpful.
angelbabe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 19, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
stov
A Guest at All-Stars

Went online, this was the outcome...

Thank you for the waiting. As I checked the reservation, there are no messages about changing aircrafts. I can definitely see the change, however we cannot change anything until the message is sent

So can’t get a refund, Asked when the text would be sent, got this

Usually well in advance but each flight is an individual case
stov is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 19, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Segdude
Very Serious Dibber

Segdude's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
As others have said, I found out last Sunday morning, went onto live chat and got a full refund within 10 minutes, and email later that day and the money cleared in my bank account on Thursday.
Rather than a phone call, try the live chat. I was quiet firm (but polite) about the reasons I had booked and Hi-Fly did not offer that service.
Good luck.

Y'all take care
Nick
Segdude is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 19, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
ozzyowl1
Apprentice Imagineer

I had 2 bookings with Norwegian for LGW to Miami and cancelled one of them last weekend (my DH who is no longer coming). I didn't cancel my other booking for 3 of us at that point as wanted to check what other flights I could get.
I went on online chat this morning to see if I could switch to Tampa flights and was told they were no longer offering refunds/rerouting as the flight was still operating! I told them I had cancelled one flight last week and after a lot of waiting around they said as I had already had a refund for my other booking they would make an exception and refund my booking for 3! I said I would sooner have the Tampa flights and again hung around for ages, but finally they agreed and rebooked us LGW to Tampa on the same dates at no extra charge.
So relieved to have this sorted as flying with 2 teens I wasn't looking forward to no IFE! The Tampa flights were nearly £600 more than my original ones too so not done bad! Just be aware though that Norwegian are trying not to accept any cancellations due to the change of plane so check your rights as I'm sure I read that you were entitled to a refund.
ozzyowl1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 19, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
sandshal
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ozzyowl1 View Post
I had 2 bookings with Norwegian for LGW to Miami and cancelled one of them last weekend (my DH who is no longer coming). I didn't cancel my other booking for 3 of us at that point as wanted to check what other flights I could get.
I went on online chat this morning to see if I could switch to Tampa flights and was told they were no longer offering refunds/rerouting as the flight was still operating! I told them I had cancelled one flight last week and after a lot of waiting around they said as I had already had a refund for my other booking they would make an exception and refund my booking for 3! I said I would sooner have the Tampa flights and again hung around for ages, but finally they agreed and rebooked us LGW to Tampa on the same dates at no extra charge.
So relieved to have this sorted as flying with 2 teens I wasn't looking forward to no IFE! The Tampa flights were nearly £600 more than my original ones too so not done bad! Just be aware though that Norwegian are trying not to accept any cancellations due to the change of plane so check your rights as I'm sure I read that you were entitled to a refund.
They've obviously realised this is going to cost them an awful lot of money and are rethinking the issue. We cancelled ours but are still waiting on the Expedia refund, I was told it would take 14 days though so not panicking just yet and the flights are showing as cancelled on Norwegian website.

Edited at 07:06 PM.
sandshal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 19, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
ozzyowl1
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by sandshal View Post
They've obviously realised this is going to cost them an awful lot of money and are rethinking the issue. We cancelled ours but are still waiting on the Expedia refund, I was told it would take 14 days though so not panicking just yet and the flights are showing as cancelled on Norwegian website.
Think you're right. My refund took a good few days to come through so I'm sure yours will appear soon.
ozzyowl1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 19, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
kellsbelle
Excited about Disney

I’ve just checked our booking and our outward joining into Miami in October is operated by Privilege Style but coming home from MCO in November it’s still operated by Norwegian.

I’m in two minds about what to do about this. It’s only one way for us so not the end of the world (although with 2 teens and no IFE for 9 hours I might feel differently at the end of the flight! ) but I do have concerns about them going under. As much as I feel for Norwegian as this is out of their hands, and I know by cancelling I’m just adding to the probability of them going under, it would give me some piece of mind.

I’m not even sure if they would refund us as it only affects one leg of our journey and it sounds like they’re holding back a bit on refunds now anyway, but I think I’ll take a look at alternative flights just in case.

October 2010 - 14 nights POFQ
October 2012 - 14 nights OKW/2 nights RPR
July 2017 - 8 nights POR/4 nights Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando/4 nights RPR
October 2019 - 16 nights CSR
kellsbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List