Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 11 May 19, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Queen of Herts
Imagineer

Queen of Herts's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Any tips for Cabana Bay please?

Have booked a suite for 10 nights in October. It’s a long time since we stayed in a hotel rather than a villa. It’s just the two of us age 56 and 52. I have read we need to take our own tubes for the lazy river as they charge about $15 each for them. We have tickets already but they dont include Volcano Bay. I am so excited!
Queen of Herts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 19, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBeliever
Getting Excited

Mobile

Fantastic hotel, you’ll have a great time!

Do some research on where your room might be as it is quite a big resort, we stayed in a tower with a great view of volcano bay. It was right next to the hotel guest entrance for volcano bay so great for that, but added at least 5 minutes to the walk to the parks as it was at the other end of the resort.
DisneyBeliever is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 19, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
jlbf06
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We stayed a couple of nights in a family suite back in Feb. The suite was great, we had one that opened outside rather than into a corridor. The outer side was living area, inside was bedroom. The bedroom was a bit darker but that’s probably a good way to have it. I think the ones that open into an internal corridor are the other way around.

We had a pool view but were VERY far into a corner. If we’d been there for two weeks I’d have asked to move slightly closer to the pool.

The evenings there are lovely, a really nice atmosphere with people sitting around relaxing near the fire pits. It feels very much like a holiday resort rather than just a hotel that feeds the park iykwim.

We bowled at the galaxy bowl and they brought us lunch to the lane. It was great fun and the food was very good. You can refill your mug there.

We loved it, it has a funky retro vibe and is really relaxed. I can see why people rave about it and would definitely stay again, two nights wasn’t enough to really appreciate it tbh!
jlbf06 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 19, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Hannah
Apprentice Imagineer

Hannah's Reviews
I thought I saw the tubes were $7 each? Perhaps $15 for larger ones. There is a Facebook group if you want more information.
Hannah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 19, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotty
Imagineer

We stayed there last February as well in a family suite, it was off an outside corridor facing out onto the road/car park. That didn't bother us TBH as we were only there 2 nights.
We really liked the feel of the resort. Food court was great, however we could not find a way to the lazy river pool without going though the lobby, wet, towels wrapped round us, carrying tubes. Felt right idiots.
Considering going back next year.
Old 13 May 19, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Queen of Herts
Imagineer

Queen of Herts's Reviews
Ive just had a look at the booking and it says ‘poolside family suite exterior entry’.

Are we allowed to use the firepit to toast S’mores?
Queen of Herts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 19, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Laurabelle84
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Queen of Herts View Post
Yes! they even sell s'mores kits in the diner/shop bit

We stayed in 2015 & absolutely loved it
Laurabelle84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 19, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
jlbf06
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Queen of Herts View Post
Ive just had a look at the booking and it says ‘poolside family suite exterior entry’.

That's the type of room that we had, we were in the Starlight Building, at the corner to Thunderbird, Starlight was a fab location but I'd have asked to be closer to centre of it if we'd have had a longer stay - though it was quiet I suppose if that's more important - they played music around the pool for most of the day as I recall. We didn't realise that you could park around the back of the buildings so took all our luggage in for check in - leave it in the car lol!

TBH I did get a bit lost between the buildings but my 13 year old navigated us around, we had a lovely evening just mooching and playing the beanbag toss game, it just has a lovely chilled out vibe.

My husband and eldest DS walked over to City Walk and I think they came back by boat to Sapphire Falls then crossed the road back to CB.
jlbf06 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 19, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Flickabella
Proud to wear my Ears

Take pool towels up to the room as the room ones were tiny!
Flickabella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 19, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

We stayed there twice and i really liked it. reminded me of the Pop Century only better!
The foodcourt is similar to pop (but smaller). You can get souvenir/length of stay mugs. Theres a bar, starbucks and galaxy bowl and shop.
Outside there is another bar and a pool cafe/restaurant/bar near the lazy river. I LOVED the lazy river!
There are games outside too and a fab childrens water play area that i wanted to play in!
Buses to the park
bus to seaworld too

Oh and wait until you see the 50's cars-corvettes etc parked outside their front door. amazing!

You'll love it!

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List