Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 23 May 19, 05:09 AM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile What? No ADR’s Universal Only Trip

Late pre-trip report

I’ve tried and failed a few times to do a full trip report (I did about 90% of our 2014 trip but never uploaded it) but I’m going to try doing a live (ish) food report.
I love reading these and it’s nice to look back on the holiday.

So as we did a big Disney trip last year, we weren’t meant to be going this year! Ha ha yeah right. Or at least a no parks trip. Yeah that hasn’t planned out either.

I found some cheap flights from lgw-fll (we live in Warrington 🤦) but decided to go for it as couldn’t get anything from Man for under £600 and have a bit of road trip, beaches, state parks etc

We did this in 2012 before kids and really enjoyed it

DS has really gotten into Harry Potter so he asked if we could go to the castle. Universal got added in. Then I found a deal on Legoland tickets, never been there so thought it would be rude not too. Plus I love Lego.

So brief overview and then onto the food I promise

Plans
Pre-travel day PI Gatwick North
Two nights in Fort Lauderdale - Hilton Bahia Mar
Drive up to Orlando via Alligator alley maybe
Two nights at Homewood Suite near Theme Parks
Three nights Cabana Bay Family Suite
One night RPR
Six nights Dibb apartment at Windsor Hills

Cast
Me-38 Planner and cheap flight hunter, eat most things
DH- P 42 Hates planning or being made to walk military style around the parks (good job I don’t do that&#128563 Doesn’t eat fish
DS-D 6 Harry Potter and Lego fan (think I may of influenced him a bit)
DD-A 2 Loves Princesses, 3rd Birthday while we are away

So first lie, I have made one adr for Bon Voyage breakfast on dd Birthday. As she won’t get any Disney princesses this year I thought it would be nice for her birthday.

I’ve found it really odd to not plan anything this year and I feel slightly unprepared. What shall we do for dinner tonight? I don’t know what do you fancy? 😳
Although we do have our favourites we want to return to the only things planned so far are these, rest to be decided as and when.

Pre travel day - Nando’s at either Beaconsfield M40 or Cobham services M25

Travel day
The Grain Store for breakfast. We both have lounge passes with our Amex. Don’t think the food in the No1 Lounge will be any good that’s even if they let us in without paying to pre book so we get £15 off for one use here.

BA plane food, we will also take sandwiches from either Boots or M&S.

Panera bread/chipotle/Publix chicken

Day 1
IHOP breakfast

Day 3
Bon Voyage breakfast

Day 4-8 Universal
Leaky Cauldron breakfast

Day 14
Bahama Breeze en route to the airport 😂

Restaurants list (most of the usual suspects)
Bahama Breeze
Cheesecake Factory
Kobe - Tuesday kids eat free
Kekes
Teak Neighbourhood grill
Culvers
Longhorns
First watch
IHOP
Blaze
Panda Express
California pizza kitchen
Carrabras
Sweet tomato (dh hates it here, may have to go on my own!)
Denny’s
Panera Bread
Chipotle
Cold Stone

Hope it’s not too boring and I manage to keep up and most importantly take pictures of the food before my family start eating!
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 19, 05:13 AM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

Pre Travel Day

We left about 1.30pm, got stuck in various traffic and broken down cars blocking lanes during road works. We got to Beaconsfield services about 5pm.

Nando’s
This is quite a busy services but Nando’s was quiet. There was also a pizza express, Greggs, kfc, McDonalds, witherspoons, a Mexican and noodle place. Nice outside seating a kids play area. Would definitely stop here again.
The kids wanted McDonalds so I ordered ours and then P went and got the kids.
We both ordered the Fino Pitta, toasted pitta filled with two flame-grilled PERi-PERi chicken thighs, grilled halloumi cheese, caramelised red onion relish and wild garlic aioli mayonnaise, topped with lettuce. Mine lemon and herb with chips and corn and P had Medium with chips and a lemonade. I just had water.
This was £23.50

Sorry I had started eating before I remembered to take a photo!
It was lovely and came really quickly. The kids had chicken nugget happy meals!
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 19, 07:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Hootietootie
Very Serious Dibber

Yay. Looking forward to this. We are on universal only trip as well, no plans at all(apart from IHOP first morning). Feel very unprepared, though I've booked the lounge on way out. Still seems like it's months away as it's so busy at work.
Hootietootie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 19, 07:20 AM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Hootietootie View Post
Yay. Looking forward to this. We are on universal only trip as well, no plans at all(apart from IHOP first morning). Feel very unprepared, though I've booked the lounge on way out. Still seems like it's months away as it's so busy at work.
Thank you, I totally know what you mean about feeling completely unprepared. However I’m thinking it will be a nice change.
Old 23 May 19, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
jools1302
Apprentice Imagineer

jools1302's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Hi,

Will be following too! We also have a non Disney trip this year so looking forward to trying different restaurants and not being so ‘regimented ‘ still have a spreadsheet of plans though... OBVIOUSLY haha
Have an amazing time and thanks for taking the time to do this
Old 23 May 19, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Wismgari
Imagineer

Love a live food report so I am following along Your trip sounds great, have fun!
Wismgari is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 19, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Following along! Nothing like a cheeky Nandos to get the holiday started!
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 19, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
buddy23
slightly serious Dibber

Following! Love a food report especially as this is focused on Universal!
buddy23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 19, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
florida_2012
Excited about Disney

Your lodgings are similar to ours 😀 1 week homewood suites idrive (stayed here last year and thought it was great - loved the breakfast, evening reception and restaurants close by), 1 night RPR, then 7 nights in a townhouse at Windsor hills.
Looking forward to reading along
florida_2012 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 19, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Following, great list of restaurants
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List