Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 31 May 19, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Hannah88811
Helping Mickey

Mobile Spanner in the works

So, stupidly I suppose, I thought I’d price up Disneyland Hotel for 2nd week in November (Christmas theme) even though I’d already decided to go in October. Well it’s actually come out at £400 cheaper so now I’m not sure what to do.

There are pros and cons for both:-
October
Halloween season
Warmer?
Parks open longer
Not been before at this time of year
Staying in Sequoia Lodge
Had already decided to add HB Premium plan

November
Christmas theme
Colder?
Busier?
Staying in Disneyland Hotel
Free HB premium plan
£400 cheaper
Longer to wait to go

Any other pros and cons I have missed out? And any suggestions?
Hannah88811 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 19, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
ontwofronts
Excited about Disney

No brainier, stay in Disneyland hotel
ontwofronts is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 19, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Any time the DLH is cheaper than SL that would be a no brainer for me!

The weather probably won’t be much different. Similar to UK. And if you are at the DLH you can be in your room much quicker to dry off/warm up!

As long as you avoid weekends and French/Spanish holidays crowds should be OK. I’m thinking 11 Nov may be a public holiday in France so that would be busy? Otherwise you should be fine.

Personally I adore Christmas and DLP does it wonderfully.

Edited at 12:16 PM.
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 19, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post

Having done Halloween and Christmas seasons both midweek out of school holidays we didn't notice any difference in crowds, both were good times to go.

If it was me, I would be booking that Disneyland Hotel trip très rapide!

Edited at 12:21 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 19, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Scottishlass77
Getting to know the DIBB

Oh Hannah it’s a no brainier you need to go with the November trip. We have been in November a few times and the park has always been nice and quiet, it’s cold so you’ll need to wrap up but as Gill said staying at the DLH you can pop back anytime for a warm up 😊👍.

We are planning our 5th Trip and I was planning May next year but my oldest daughter will only come if we go in November, she says it’s the best time to go with the lovely xmas atmosphere and in November there’s never hectic crowds to deal with x

Ps - I think i’m talking myself into it too 😂

Edited at 01:36 PM.
Scottishlass77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 19, 12:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Ben1993
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

November is probably my favourite time of year for DLP, begining of the Christmas season and fairly low crowds.

Plus DLH cheaper than SQL? I echo everyone else's thoughts... DO IT! 😊
Old 1 Jun 19, 07:38 AM  
Link to this Post
dancingelkhound
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Yep I completely agree. DLH in November. Christmas is magical and the DLH is just so close to pop back! And you can use that saved £400 for something else.
dancingelkhound is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 19, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Hannah88811
Helping Mickey

Thanks everyone l! DLH it is, booking this afternoon all being well 😁
Plus it now means we’ll just have to go back to Florida to experience Halloween 😝
Hannah88811 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 19, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Hannah88811 View Post
Thanks everyone l! DLH it is, booking this afternoon all being well 😁
Plus it now means we’ll just have to go back to Florida to experience Halloween 😝
Good choice! I’d pick DLH every time - absolutely love it in there!
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
MissJRabbit
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Christmas is magical! There is a Christmas parade as well as the normal parade. There is the nighttime show on the tower of terror. There is the tree lighting ceremony at Christmas. November is probably quieter.
MissJRabbit is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List