Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 14 Jun 19, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
sparklegem
Serious Dibber

Mobile Taking Girlguides to DLP

Hi!

We are thinking of organising a trip to DLP with our Girlguide unit. I've been to WDW three times but never to DLP. We will most likely book with a company like PGL but I'm hoping that there might be some other girlguiding dibbers out there who can give me some hints and tips. Even if you're not involved in guiding, you might have some valuable advice? Off the top of my head, I have the following questions...

- How much money to give them daily for lunch?

- Best time of year to visit (must be school hols)

- Will a day in each park be enough? (Will probs do a day in paris also)

- Should we stay for fireworks?

- Do you stay in one big group or split off into smaller?

- Is it safe for older Guides (13/14) to explore on their own, once inside the park?

- Is it worth booking a character meal?

- How much spending money would you recommend they take?

There are probably loads of other things to consider and I'm happy for them to be brought to my attention.

Thanks in advance x
sparklegem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

I’ve literally just walked in from 4 nights in Paris with Year 7.

If you stay at PGL it’s about 30 -45 minutes to Disney and 1+ hours into Paris .

Pgl provide all the meals including a packed lunch so on Disney day we take a packed lunch and say if they want to buy food it’s out of their spending money. The food is nothing to write home about but it’s edible.

We did 1 long day at Disney. From 10am till 9:30pm. We started in the studios for 3 hours then moved to the main park. To be honest the studios is all under construction and 3 hours was enough.

We let them go in groups of 3 and they had to check in with us every few hours.

We didn’t stay for fireworks as they aren’t on until 11pm but if I’d gone at a different time of year I would have done. You can book a meal at planet Hollywood for groups and then go back in for the fireworks.

We don’t book a character meal.

I’d recommend PGL. They will arrange your trip into Paris and tickets for Disney plus they face suitable accommodation and provide all the meals. It’s very easy.

In Paris we have done montmatre / sacre coure. Cinema Rex. Musee d’orsay. Boat trip on the Seine and we went up Montparnasse. You can also go up the Eiffel Tower but we don’t as it takes a long time.

I’d suggest 2 days in Paris and one day at Disney to be honest. It’s a very different experience doing Disney with a large group. They don’t really eat I. The restaurants or watch many show’s. They hit the rides and we gather them
And watch the parade as a group. We’d struggle to spend another day there. Yet as a family I have spent 4 days. It’s just quite different.

Our kids mostly had £20/day and more for the day they were in Disney. Maybe £50.

We recommend £100 for the week but I’d say most brought more.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
JellyEllieBean
Imagineer

Can’t help with the organisation, but a friend went during Whitsun week at end of May and said it was really quiet because the French schools don’t have a school holiday then
Old 14 Jun 19, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
sparklegem
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Thank you for your replies, this is the kind of info I have been looking for 😁
sparklegem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

I’d agree with going in May half term. It was still busy when we went then, but slightly quieter than in August or at Christmas.

I’d say February would be too cold for that kind of trip, Easter too busy, and October a bit of both, but could still be worth considering (weather could be quite mild, but I don’t know how busy it gets even if you avoid Halloween itself.)
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post
CarsonMac
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Interested in this too as my county is looking at a Brownies trip next year!
Quality Inn Plaza , I drive (2009) / Los Angeles, CA (2010) /New york + Villa at Chatham park (2014/15) / Quality Inn on 192 (2015) / Laguna beach (2016) / Flamingo inn ,Daytona beach (2016/17) Houston , Atlanta + Coco key water resort, I drive (2017), Boston (2018), New York City (2018) Washington DC + Clarion Suites Maingate, (2018)Red Lion/ New orleans (Sept 2019) Cabbibean Resort/ Red lion (Jan 2020), Baymont Inn and Suites (Aug 2020)
CarsonMac is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 11:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Erial
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I’m taking Guides as part of a Division trip this October half term. We’re staying in a partner hotel so that we’re close to Disney.

We dismissed PGL as although it’s slightly cheaper, you spend a lot of time in a coach. Also (from another group who stayed at PGL) the girls become disappointed that they’re not doing the PGL activities/using the pool etc.

We’ve booked with Venture Abroad.

Claire
X

2005 - Buena Vista Palace Hotel & Spa * 2011 - Wyndham LBV Resort * 2013 - Sheraton Vistana Resort LBV - Trip Report - Complete * 2014 - Kissimmee Villa - Trip Report - Complete * 2015 - Hard Rock Hotel & Beach Club - Trip Report - Complete * 2016 - New York - Trip Report - Complete * 2016 - Massachusetts Road Trip - Trip Report - Complete * 2017 - Florida Road Trip & Old Key West * 2018 - Florida Road Trip & Polynesian * 2019 - SSR, Grand Floridian & Boardwalk
Erial is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 11:37 PM  
Link to this Post
CarsonMac
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Erial View Post
I’m taking Guides as part of a Division trip this October half term. We’re staying in a partner hotel so that we’re close to Disney.

We dismissed PGL as although it’s slightly cheaper, you spend a lot of time in a coach. Also (from another group who stayed at PGL) the girls become disappointed that they’re not doing the PGL activities/using the pool etc.

We’ve booked with Venture Abroad.

Claire
X
I enquired about going with venture abroad but they told me they are stopping the company this year so weren't taking any bookings for next year. Shame really as they looked decent.
Quality Inn Plaza , I drive (2009) / Los Angeles, CA (2010) /New york + Villa at Chatham park (2014/15) / Quality Inn on 192 (2015) / Laguna beach (2016) / Flamingo inn ,Daytona beach (2016/17) Houston , Atlanta + Coco key water resort, I drive (2017), Boston (2018), New York City (2018) Washington DC + Clarion Suites Maingate, (2018)Red Lion/ New orleans (Sept 2019) Cabbibean Resort/ Red lion (Jan 2020), Baymont Inn and Suites (Aug 2020)
CarsonMac is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 11:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Erial
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by CarsonMac View Post
I enquired about going with venture abroad but they told me they are stopping the company this year so weren't taking any bookings for next year. Shame really as they looked decent.
I think you mean Jeka. They are closing this year and Venture Abroad are taking on all of their business.

Claire
X

2005 - Buena Vista Palace Hotel & Spa * 2011 - Wyndham LBV Resort * 2013 - Sheraton Vistana Resort LBV - Trip Report - Complete * 2014 - Kissimmee Villa - Trip Report - Complete * 2015 - Hard Rock Hotel & Beach Club - Trip Report - Complete * 2016 - New York - Trip Report - Complete * 2016 - Massachusetts Road Trip - Trip Report - Complete * 2017 - Florida Road Trip & Old Key West * 2018 - Florida Road Trip & Polynesian * 2019 - SSR, Grand Floridian & Boardwalk
Erial is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
CarsonMac
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Erial View Post
I think you mean Jeka. They are closing this year and Venture Abroad are taking on all of their business.

Claire
X
Ah yes, sorry! Was getting confused between the 2 lol