Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Jun 19, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
tinytots
Imagineer

Mobile Booking direct with Disney and DDP

Hi
When you book direct with Disney, I understand that you pay a deposit. My question is, if you have to cancel for any reason, do you only lose the deposit or are you still liable for paying the whole amount?
Thanks
Old 15 Jun 19, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
howerd
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I believe there is a cancellation fee of £50pp if you cancel a hotel booking outside of 8 days. Flight inclusive bookings are different. Here are the t&c’s (section 11 for cancellations) disneyholidays/dow...D19%29%2Ep df

Hope this helps.
howerd is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 12:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Mobile

Yes, you just lose the deposit.
It’s another reason to only make the initial booking for 1 person. On the off chance you have to cancel you'd only lose £50.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 06:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Ash
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tinytots View Post
Hi
When you book direct with Disney, I understand that you pay a deposit. My question is, if you have to cancel for any reason, do you only lose the deposit or are you still liable for paying the whole amount?
Thanks
Up to 7 days before it is £50 pp, within the 7 days there is no refund. if there are flights involved the numbers are different again.
Old 16 Jun 19, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
tinytots
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by howerd View Post
I believe there is a cancellation fee of £50pp if you cancel a hotel booking outside of 8 days. Flight inclusive bookings are different. Here are the t&c’s (section 11 for cancellations) disneyholidays/dow...D19%29%2Ep df

Hope this helps.
Yes thank you
Old 16 Jun 19, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
tinytots
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Softy View Post
Yes, you just lose the deposit.
It’s another reason to only make the initial booking for 1 person. On the off chance you have to cancel you'd only lose £50.
Not heard of this before. So would I just add on my hubby and DD at a later date? Is that possible?
Old 16 Jun 19, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
SimplyDisney
Excited about Disney

Not heard of this before. So would I just add on my hubby and DD at a later date? Is that possible?
Yes, that’s the way to do it.
·1991 Polynesian ·1999 Villa ·2001 Wyndham Palace Resort & Spa ·2005 Port Orleans French Quarter ·2006 Boardwalk Inn ·2007 Polynesian ·2009 Contemporary Resort ·2010 Yacht Club ·2012 Buena Vista Palace ·2015 Grand Floridian Resort & Spa ·2018 Polynesian & Grand Floridian Resort & Spa ·2019 Beach Club ·2022 Beach Club, Grand Floridian Resort & Spa & Hard Rock Hotel ·2023 Yacht Club & Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
SimplyDisney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Mobile

Yes.
Another perk is if you want to change something that would normally make the package cheaper (or the same price) and thus incurring the £50 change fee. If you add someone on at that time it will probably increase the overall price and save the £50 fee. You can add people on at anytime and still get the deal (free dining) even if the deal isn’t running anymore.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
tinytots
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Softy View Post
Yes.
Another perk is if you want to change something that would normally make the package cheaper (or the same price) and thus incurring the £50 change fee. If you add someone on at that time it will probably increase the overall price and save the £50 fee. You can add people on at anytime and still get the deal (free dining) even if the deal isn’t running anymore.
Great- thanks