Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Jun 19, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Hall family View Post
Thanks everybody for the replies. So helpful and just what I was wanting to hear..
Sorry just noticed I never replied to your query - just weighed in with my own

We fly Aer Lingus a lot as we live in Ireland and have taken many transatlantic flights as well as European with them to various destinations. I can honestly say we have never had a bad flight with them. We last flew to MCO 2 years ago and found the IFE great. The food is plane food, no worse than any other airlines. In general the flight crew are nice and attentive with few exceptions. Would not hesitate in recommending them as an airline.
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by tspill View Post
If you are used to Virgin, the you will enjoy AL as it is better in about every respect. This is true for both economy and business.
I really have to disagree. We flew Aer Lingus economy last year and I found it incredibly uncomfortable. The IFE was lacking and the food awful.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Joshie1 View Post
Aisling, what flight are you taking from Dublin to the UK? Did you book direct with BA?
The only flights I see when playing around with dates for next year have us flying into Heathrow with the onward flight from Gatwick. Don't want to have to trek around London.
If I can make a significant saving on AL prices I would consider indirect as it is DH who has the big issue with indirect but we are leaving him at home next year.
Hi Joshie I booked a flydrive holiday direct with BA. I have often seen those ones you are talking about but I believe u need a min of 3 hrs to get from.one to the other and it sounds like it could get manic. We would love to be going with AL but the savings with BA was the balance on the villa plus the car hire so couldn't justify it. I normally get it for €700-€800 ea but this yr was just mad money.
Old 16 Jun 19, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Ciano View Post
Hi Joshie I booked a flydrive holiday direct with BA. I have often seen those ones you are talking about but I believe u need a min of 3 hrs to get from.one to the other and it sounds like it could get manic. We would love to be going with AL but the savings with BA was the balance on the villa plus the car hire so couldn't justify it. I normally get it for €700-€800 ea but this yr was just mad money.
Hi, thank you for the reply. I will keep my eye out for any bargains.
Hope you have a fab time - not long to go now.
(Used to be on HM )
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Joshie1 View Post
Hi, thank you for the reply. I will keep my eye out for any bargains.
Hope you have a fab time not long to go.
(Used to be on HM )
Yes I remember 😂! I will let you know how it goes!
Old 16 Jun 19, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
I really have to disagree. We flew Aer Lingus economy last year and I found it incredibly uncomfortable. The IFE was lacking and the food awful.
Like any airline you can get a bad flight. We use them a couple of times per year to the US and in general there are far and away better than the likes of Virgin, BA and the US carriers. I guess if you find the seats uncomfortable, not much can be done but most (including us) find the reverse and that they are very comfortable.
And the option is there yo upgrade the food which is great.
For us it is our airline of choice every time.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

Mobile

I have never had a meal in economy that I’ve thought “delicious, I’d pay for this in a restaurant”. I’m not a big fan of curries or sauces so I only eat the main about 50% of the time and always being a sandwich onboard. It’s also usually a chicken or beef option on airlines (think I saw sausage on Virgin once) just the sauce and carb vary and they can’t please every palate so I never hold it against an airline if their caterers chose to give them curry that day.

I give a flight an A if I’ve arrived safely, on time and my bag comes out onto the belt. Pleasant air crew and a decent IFI help bump it to an A+

If seating makes you uncomfortable I think that’s a valid reason for avoiding them. We’re all different so one person’s back may be in a spasm and the next person may think it’s comfy. I think Aer Lingus’s newer planes have a thinner economy seat, I can’t say it’s given me any trouble but that could explain why some find it uncomfortable.
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by landandword17 View Post
I have never had a meal in economy that I’ve thought “delicious, I’d pay for this in a restaurant”. I’m not a big fan of curries or sauces so I only eat the main about 50% of the time and always being a sandwich onboard. It’s also usually a chicken or beef option on airlines (think I saw sausage on Virgin once) just the sauce and carb vary and they can’t please every palate so I never hold it against an airline if their caterers chose to give them curry that day.

I give a flight an A if I’ve arrived safely, on time and my bag comes out onto the belt. Pleasant air crew and a decent IFI help bump it to an A+

If seating makes you uncomfortable I think that’s a valid reason for avoiding them. We’re all different so one person’s back may be in a spasm and the next person may think it’s comfy. I think Aer Lingus’s newer planes have a thinner economy seat, I can’t say it’s given me any trouble but that could explain why some find it uncomfortable.
TBH, I have never had a meal in business either that I would consider restaurant quality or that I would want to pay restaurant prices for.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List