Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Jun 19, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
voicon
Apprentice Imagineer

voicon's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
TUI upgrades

Hi all

Is it worth upgrading to Premium on TUI, I looked at extra legroom seats because I need it due to a medical condition, the reason I haven't been to Florids in 5 years.

The extra legroom is £47 pp but not sure what the PE upgrade cost is, site won't load on my tablet atm.

Is it worth it for 3 adults, 1 child and 1 infant?

Cheers

Karl
voicon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

PE on TUI was lovely but it depends on the price to upgrade all of you and whether you can budget for it.
The extra legroom seats are fine and maybe a better decision cost wise.
Old 16 Jun 19, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We upgraded because by the time we paid for everything else it really wasn't much more. Can't remember what we paid but came in less than Dibbers Row out and PE back with Virgin.
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
voicon
Apprentice Imagineer

voicon's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
We upgraded because by the time we paid for everything else it really wasn't much more. Can't remember what we paid but came in less than Dibbers Row out and PE back with Virgin.
Thanks both.

Sorry but what is Dibbers Row?
voicon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

PE is lovely, but all depends on the price. We're travelling on 29th September and our flights were £369 with free luggage. They wanted more than the cost of the flights to upgrade to PE, so I booked extra legroom instead for £45 (these have now gone up to£70 each!). So a total of £180 was a lot less than booking 1 person to upgrade to PE. I also book 5kg of extra luggage for our return journey only at £10 per person. The extra space seats are nice, if you can get row 10, and these are less than the XLR.

Dibbers row is the back row of the bubble with Virgin atlantic, great seats.

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
JanetteP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

TUI rang me last week to see if I wanted to upgrade for the two of us for £800 return. Said no thanks they dropped it to £700 still said no thanks will stick with our bulkhead seats in row 10 as will get off nice n quick without wasting another £700! That was Man - Sanford.
Old 16 Jun 19, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by voicon View Post
Thanks both.

Sorry but what is Dibbers Row?
It's the back row in the bubble, in my opinion the best economy seats on the plane.
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
voicon
Apprentice Imagineer

voicon's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Thanks all.

Originally Posted by THE WIZARD View Post
TUI rang me last week to see if I wanted to upgrade for the two of us for £800 return. Said no thanks they dropped it to £700 still said no thanks will stick with our bulkhead seats in row 10 as will get off nice n quick without wasting another £700! That was Man - Sanford.
That's a bit steep, there are 3 adults and 2 kids travelling so it will add a considerable amount.

The extra legroom is £47pp so that will do

Insurance has made this quite expensive anyway so adding another 1k+ is a bit much
Old 16 Jun 19, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
nicklet
Trying for More Ears

I would give them a call as it depends on the flight , we paid £60pp to upgrade our August flight.

Edited at 10:22 PM.
nicklet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 08:10 AM  
Link to this Post
voicon
Apprentice Imagineer

voicon's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by nicklet View Post
I would give them a call as it depends on the flight , we paid £60pp to upgrade our August flight.
That's is excellent, was that after your initial booking and close to departure time?