Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 16 Jun 19, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Really hope you’re feeling better soon xxx

I had a dvt about 8 years ago and I found the whole experience terrifying so can’t imagine how worried you must be.

Mine was treated with clexane injections for 6 weeks and warfarin for 3 months.

I think I flew about a month after coming off the warfarin and was told I wouldn’t need injections before flying.

I’ve had some muscle pain a couple of times since and as soon as there’s any pain in my legs I panic about getting another dvt. Twice I’ve taken myself to the hospital and been scanned but luckily it’s been clear.

It affected my insurance a little but wasn’t too bad.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by scouse_minx View Post
Thank you... consultants were busy telling me how life threatening the ones in my lungs were and my first thought was ‘can I still fly to Florida?..’ followed by ‘my insurance will be so expensive..’

In all fairness I think maybe I’m in shock.
I think you can be quite removed when this kind of thing happens. It also proves you’re a true Dibber. 😀
All the best for a speedy recovery.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by THE WIZARD View Post
Hopefully you will get some more positive results soon & be able to concentrate on you next long haul flight. Just keep thinking about your next WDW holiday. I dont know if its shock or just a protective reaction as I am in a similar position in that I'm waiting to be told when I am to have an op & all I can think about is how feasible it is to put the op off because I am NOT canceling my holiday to WDW after all the planning that's gone into it!
Pixie Dust in it's way for you - lets think positive together.
I’m afraid no good news as yet - waiting for the results of some very specific tests for various blood disorders, clotting disorders and types of cancer as they feel that could be the cause.

Due to the severity of the clotting in my right side and the number of clots in both lungs they’re now saying I will be on life long anticoagulant therapy regardless if they can find a cause.

Again, I’m yet to find a opportune moment to discuss what this means for travel.
IBEX23 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by lindyT View Post
sorry to read what is happening to you. Hoping the Medical Team work their magic quickly. Can I just say, your posts are so upbeat, they are inspirational to worry warts like myself. Fingers crossed for a speedy return to good health, Linda
Aw thanks so much! I do try my best to stay positive and upbeat - at least I’m in the best place now!

Though the impatient part of me wishes I knew how long for
Old 17 Jun 19, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Oh my goodness, poor you, I hope you get some answers soon (and some pain relief).
Keeping my fingers crossed for you in respect of your November trip. 🤞
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Michyloulou View Post
Oh my goodness, poor you, I hope you get some answers soon (and some pain relief).
Keeping my fingers crossed for you in respect of your November trip. 🤞
I must say the staff here in the ICU are wonderful. It’s such a high standard of one to one care and they’re so on top of my pain management needs and keeping up anti sickness to match.

I’m unsure where I will stand given my trip is all paid for if they say I’m not fit for flying.

Edited at 07:43 PM.
Old 17 Jun 19, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Hope you are soon on the mend and fit to fly xxx
Old 17 Jun 19, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
jackster14
Very Serious Dibber

Hope you are soon on the road to recovery..
jackster14 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Pixie24
Getting Excited

So sorry to hear this. I have health problems and if I have a bad day first thoughts are usually holiday related, so you are not alone We had to cancel in 2014 when I became unexpectedly seriously ill, so that always pushes the anxiety switch in my brain! I hope you are getting all the help you need for a speedy recovery and then you can look forward to your holiday with anxiety switched to off! xx
Old 17 Jun 19, 11:32 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Pixie24 View Post
So sorry to hear this. I have health problems and if I have a bad day first thoughts are usually holiday related, so you are not alone We had to cancel in 2014 when I became unexpectedly seriously ill, so that always pushes the anxiety switch in my brain! I hope you are getting all the help you need for a speedy recovery and then you can look forward to your holiday with anxiety switched to off! xx

Glad to know I’m not alone and once the imminent health worries are dealt with I’ll broach the long haul travel implications if any.