Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 7 Dec 17, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
JudgeJ26
Imagineer

Mobile

When we originally booked for Oct 18 in Sep we were provisionally booked onto the VA morning flight. When we went to book our seats when flight details became available we were informed there was no morning flight just the 1300 hrs flight.
JudgeJ26 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 17, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by JudgeJ26 View Post
When we originally booked for Oct 18 in Sep we were provisionally booked onto the VA morning flight. When we went to book our seats when flight details became available we were informed there was no morning flight just the 1300 hrs flight.
I think that is what will happen to us. We were on the morning flight but VA say we are on the afternoon flight. However Virgin Holidays are refusing to confirm this even though we are within the period for booking our seats. I am ok about the change but I wish they would confirm it so we could book our seats. As a previous poster has said many economy seats on the flight are now booked, it seems unfair that Virgin are not letting us book our seats when they have had our deposit since April.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 17, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
ianc
Apprentice Imagineer

If you do a dummy booking on the VA website for 21 Oct 18, it comes up 'no seats available' - the same happens on 22 Oct 18. So they are not booking anybody at the moment.
This happened to me the other day when I was booking my 28 day stay in Sept/Oct - the return on 8 Oct came up no seats, so I booked a 31 day stay instead on other dates, which was the cheapest on offer.
None of us on here work for VA, or plan its flights or work on its booking system, so anything on here cannot be anything but speculation, as we don't really know what is going on. If it is really the case that they haven't finalised their timetable, then it is not surprising they have suspended bookings temporarily. It is probably only a few people at VA who take the decisions, and until they do make a decision, the rest of the world needs to wait.
You had good advice from VH in the first place, and Jim in the first reply post - be patient and they will tell you when they know themselves.
Also note that VH and VA are separate companies. VH does package holidays, VA flies planes. VA only releases flights for sale 11 months in advance, but in this case some flights appear to be held back for a bit longer. When you booked with VH in April, before the VA release, you were simply placing an advance order for VH to book the flights once the flights were released. Your booking is with VH, not VA, so it is up to VH to sort you out. They can only offer flights that exist - if you don't like their offer (once you know the final details), just cancel and book elsewhere - it might even be cheaper.
Booking early does not guarantee anything - if anything, because the time between booking and departure is longer, there is more time in which changes can occur.
ianc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 17, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I think this is irritating but ultimately a none issue. You travel a few hours later each day. It’s not a compensation issue. My last trip in May this happened to us both ways and I’d already paid to pre book our seats. We were put in the same seats we’d booked going out. Coming home we weren’t and I got my seat booking refunded when we checked in at the airport. They told me to do it when we got home. I said no I would be super irritating and hold the line up or happily watch them refund my CC there and then and we were through in 10 minutes. I didn’t have to drop the pleasantries.
Old 7 Dec 17, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Bobbins
Imagineer

Bobbins's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
When we went from Manchester in late October last year we wanted to make sure we'd be on the early flight so we went on a Saturday as I imagined flights that day are less likely to be consolidated. It worked out OK.

I don't know if anyone tracks the consolidations but I would guess that Sunday (as 21st Oct 2018 is) is always going to be highly likely to have its flights merged.
Bobbins is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 17, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
I think this is irritating but ultimately a none issue. You travel a few hours later each day. It’s not a compensation issue. My last trip in May this happened to us both ways and I’d already paid to pre book our seats. We were put in the same seats we’d booked going out. Coming home we weren’t and I got my seat booking refunded when we checked in at the airport. They told me to do it when we got home. I said no I would be super irritating and hold the line up or happily watch them refund my CC there and then and we were through in 10 minutes. I didn’t have to drop the pleasantries.
I agree it isn't a major change and i am not after compensation. I just feel.that as VA have told me they are only taking the later flight that day, then VH should confirm this and then I could book seats and plan around the changes. I'm not annoyed at the change but about the lack of communication
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 17, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
I agree it isn't a major change and i am not after compensation. I just feel.that as VA have told me they are only taking the later flight that day, then VH should confirm this and then I could book seats and plan around the changes. I'm not annoyed at the change but about the lack of communication
I agree with you. It seems left hand and right hand aren't communicating.
I'm sure it will all work out in the end though. Hope you get a resolution

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 17, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Bertiebear
Imagineer

My flight last year was changed twice. It’s quite common but I know frustrating. I was actually on the same one as Tom outbound!
Old 7 Dec 17, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bobbins View Post
When we went from Manchester in late October last year we wanted to make sure we'd be on the early flight so we went on a Saturday as I imagined flights that day are less likely to be consolidated. It worked out OK.

I don't know if anyone tracks the consolidations but I would guess that Sunday (as 21st Oct 2018 is) is always going to be highly likely to have its flights merged.
The 21st is around half term dates and a weekend flight so I am surprised that this flight is going to be consolidated. But I do understand that Virgin will do this if there isn't enough people flying but it seems that quite a few other dibbers have been trying to book this date and are not able to as Virgin have closed sales while they are considering their options. If they were keeping sales open, they could possibly fill 2 planes that day.
Old 7 Dec 17, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
I agree with you. It seems left hand and right hand aren't communicating.
I'm sure it will all work out in the end though. Hope you get a resolution
Thanks Tom, I'm sure it will, hopefully soon. I do feel I have been passed from VH to VA and they should communicate with each other, and their customers more. Fingers crossed they will let me know what is happening soon ☺