Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 5 Apr 18, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
sandshal
Imagineer

I know of two people that have had their seats booked for free both have been parties of 4 with 2 small kids under the age of 6. To be fair they'd need to allocate those before check in so that may be the lenience in the odd case above which seems fair.

sandshal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 18, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
sydneymj
Disney Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by sandshal View Post
Wouldn't stop at that, why should you be given seats for free and those that have paid lose out? Only fair way would be for Virgin to refund those that had already paid too and that wouldn't happen in today's economic climate. People are not understanding that seat booking is now "included" not "free"
Not actually true I booked my 4 economy seats in early January and was expected to pay £240 if I wanted to select my seats, secured my preferred seats both ways about 3 weeks ago for zero cost which goes towards our spending money.

Oct92 Quality Inn Plaza, Jun96 Robbins Rest-Villa Kissimmee,Sep98 Westgate Villas Kissimmee,Apr01 Royal Palm Bay Villas,Jan04 Indian Ridge Oaks Aug05 Indian Ridge Oaks, Aug08 Indian Ridge Oaks, Jul14 Windsor Hills, Disney Dream Cruise & Indian Creek Villa.Aug16 Windsor Hills,Xmas Dec16 Windsor Hills.August 18, Aug 22 BLT, Windsor Hills, Disney Fantasy & OKW, Aug 23 Disneyland California, LA, San Francisco, Windsor Hills & Disney Fantasy.
sydneymj is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 18, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
sandshal
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sydneymj View Post
Not actually true I booked my 4 economy seats in early January and was expected to pay £240 if I wanted to select my seats, secured my preferred seats both ways about 3 weeks ago for zero cost which goes towards our spending money.
Do you have very little ones? if not you've been very lucky so I'd keep quiet if I were you

sandshal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 18, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
sydneymj
Disney Imagineer

Mobile

Do you have very little ones? if not you've been very lucky so I'd keep quiet if I were you
3 Adults 1 Child aged 12 years old, glad to see that other Dibb Members have also been lucky as well, but in my opinion Virgin customer services should be more consistent with their policy of no charge to selecting seats for customers who booked their flights before the recent changes and not randomly who you speak with on the day.😎

Oct92 Quality Inn Plaza, Jun96 Robbins Rest-Villa Kissimmee,Sep98 Westgate Villas Kissimmee,Apr01 Royal Palm Bay Villas,Jan04 Indian Ridge Oaks Aug05 Indian Ridge Oaks, Aug08 Indian Ridge Oaks, Jul14 Windsor Hills, Disney Dream Cruise & Indian Creek Villa.Aug16 Windsor Hills,Xmas Dec16 Windsor Hills.August 18, Aug 22 BLT, Windsor Hills, Disney Fantasy & OKW, Aug 23 Disneyland California, LA, San Francisco, Windsor Hills & Disney Fantasy.
sydneymj is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 18, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Karl01
Getting Excited

Mobile

Wouldn't stop at that, why should you be given seats for free and those that have paid lose out? Only fair way would be for Virgin to refund those that had already paid too and that wouldn't happen in today's economic climate. People are not understanding that seat booking is now "included" not "free"
I don't think you are understanding that the goalposts have been moved. I bought my tickets at a price that I thought that I wouldn't have to add to. Now that Virgin have subsequently changed the rules, I am now at a disadvantage which was completely unknown to me at the time of booking. I now will almost certainly have to pay more money for my flight than I thought I was going to when I booked it.
Karl01 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 18, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
tarik
Excited about Disney

We have a 3 year old and 1 year old. Called VA flying club twice and they were having none of it.
tarik is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 18, 07:47 AM  
Link to this Post
sandshal
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Karl01 View Post
I don't think you are understanding that the goalposts have been moved. I bought my tickets at a price that I thought that I wouldn't have to add to. Now that Virgin have subsequently changed the rules, I am now at a disadvantage which was completely unknown to me at the time of booking. I now will almost certainly have to pay more money for my flight than I thought I was going to when I booked it.
I understand completely, having followed this one all the way through from before the announcement. In an ideal world none of this would have happened but it has so it's now down to you to decide whether you pay or take the risk, nothing has changed other than the fact your odds of getting your preferred seats are lower. The new structure will hopefully eradicate any of this in the future.

Old 6 Apr 18, 07:49 AM  
Link to this Post
sandshal
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tarik View Post
We have a 3 year old and 1 year old. Called VA flying club twice and they were having none of it.
I agree, there really should be some consistency, it's like that in any call centre unfortunately. My guess is the few odd cases that got through were in the first few days before the advisors were told to stick strictly to the script.

Old 6 Apr 18, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
ems35
Apprentice Imagineer

i think virgin should stick to the same thing and say no to all that are ringing. your booking is still the same as when you booked it you can choose to pay to pre book your seats or not the choice is yours, the people booking now since the changes have probably paid for for their flights

people are just not liking the newest bookers getting their seats included but in reality they will have paid for them in the price of their flights
Old 7 Apr 18, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
sandshal
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ems35 View Post
i think virgin should stick to the same thing and say no to all that are ringing. your booking is still the same as when you booked it you can choose to pay to pre book your seats or not the choice is yours, the people booking now since the changes have probably paid for for their flights

people are just not liking the newest bookers getting their seats included but in reality they will have paid for them in the price of their flights
Reality is ... Everybody likes something for nothing, I'm no different lol

I do feel for those that have booked flights later in the year and have less choice, however as one that paid for seats, I'm also pleased they haven't backed down if they're refusing refunds to pre bookers.

Like when they introduced the charges last time, it'll all turn out ok in the end