Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 2 May 18, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Chatnoir
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by minnie29 View Post
We had a 2 year old and she coped very well. There was a baby about 3-4 months old kicking off and the mum asked if they could go in the quick line (not sure what it's called) but he let them. So maybe if your 2 year old is not dealing well with the wait, if you ask they might swap to the quick line.

Try not to worry, you'd probs only be wsiting for your luggage for a ages anayway. At least if u are in the immigration line for a while your luggage will be waiting for you. Plus when you get to your hotel/villa that will make up for it.
Ooo that’s good to know! Thanks x
Chatnoir is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 18, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
wdw1991
Imagineer

Mobile

I have no objections to having to wait but I’m pregnant and I cannot stand for long periods of time without my blood pressure dropping and making me come over faint! Not looking forward to this chaos
wdw1991 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 18, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
MabelJ
Proud to wear my Ears

We go next Friday, with a 2 yr old and a 6 month old.

Not looking forward to this! Hopefully my 6 month old will be ok as in a Sling, but not sure about the 2 yr old
MabelJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 18, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Chatnoir View Post
We fly tomorrow, due to land around 3.30 Florida time... with a 2 year old, so not looking forward to the stress of immigration after reading al this!
Have a look at MCO arrivals. You will be able to get some indication of how busy it will be by the number of international arrivals at airside 4 landing just before and just after your flight is due to land.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 18, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by MabelJ View Post
We go next Friday, with a 2 yr old and a 6 month old.

Not looking forward to this! Hopefully my 6 month old will be ok as in a Sling, but not sure about the 2 yr old
Can someone else sling the toddler?
We were there 2 weeks ago and got through immigration really quickly. We had to use the machines for all 4 of us, which was a pain with young kids (14 months and 3). DD2 did not want to look at the camera at the right time.
The biggest delay for us was getting our bags and the oversized stuff. The BA flight landed first but they offloaded the Virgin bags and oversized luggage before ours. We must have waited at least half an hour in the baggage hall and the kids weren’t impressed.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 18, 03:05 AM  
Link to this Post
kateb78
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We came through MCO today off the VS75 and it was the quickest we’ve ever done it in all trips since 1989! From stepping off the plane to driving out of the Alamo garage was 45 minutes. That included 8 of us using the kiosks (1 has never been to the USA before) and collecting all suitcases. We did Alamo’s “Skip the counter” process and the whole arrival experience was very painless indeed.
kateb78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 18, 12:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Chatnoir
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

We have arrived!

It wasn’t horrendous but still pretty slow. We landed at 3.30pm and went straight into a queue that moved quite quickly, this was to use the electronic machines.
We then went through to cue to be seen by actual security... this was a lot slower and I was started to struggle with the heat in there!

We had to have secondary security checks as we declared food items, but I don’t think this added to much time as we got seen very quick.

As we had a toddler and too many cases we had to the second bag check, first time we have done this and oh my god! I had no idea the reclaim was so far away! And it took forever!

We were safely in our car by 5.30 so all in all 2 hours from touch down x
Chatnoir is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 18, 02:06 AM  
Link to this Post
arial
Getting Excited

Mobile

We landed today at about 2pm and were in the hire car at 3.25pm. Although it felt stressful at the time (especially baggage collection which was chaos and with a toddler on top of that!) I didn’t think 1.5 hrs was too bad given other stories at the minute.
Old 4 May 18, 04:34 AM  
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Chatnoir View Post
We have arrived!

It wasn’t horrendous but still pretty slow. We landed at 3.30pm and went straight into a queue that moved quite quickly, this was to use the electronic machines.
We then went through to cue to be seen by actual security... this was a lot slower and I was started to struggle with the heat in there!

We had to have secondary security checks as we declared food items, but I don’t think this added to much time as we got seen very quick.

As we had a toddler and too many cases we had to the second bag check, first time we have done this and oh my god! I had no idea the reclaim was so far away! And it took forever!

We were safely in our car by 5.30 so all in all 2 hours from touch down x
Glad it wasn't too bad for you
I-Drive July 2004. I-Drive Oct/Nov 2006. Southern Dunes May 2010 (married in Florida!). Town Centre June 2011. Southern Dunes August 2012. Hampton Lakes and Carnival Cruise August 2013. Regal Palms 2014. Southern Dunes 2017. Southern Dunes and Hard Rock Hotel May 2018. AKL, POFQ, Wilderness Lodge and Disney Dream2019.
Dopey challenge - All Stars stay January 2020. Cabana Bay Sept 2022
minnie29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List