Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 17 Aug 18, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
CCFCRJ
Very Serious Dibber

Upgrade free half board

Hi everyone...we are going to DLP in October half term and got a great deal including the free half board. Now from advice on here I think we get a counter service brekkie at a specific restaurant and then get a choice of several buffet restaurants for the meal. Can you upgrade this to an upper 'level' as such that gives a proper buffet breakfast (I had this at WDW on our dining plan) and any idea on cost? Also would like to do a character meal. Would you need to book separate or can you upgrade?
CCFCRJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 18, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post

You can't upgrade the level of free half board that you have (so it will be either standard, plus or premium depending on where you are staying).

However you can pay a top up fee at check-in (if they have availability) for breakfast in your hotel buffet as opposed to in the parks. The breakfast vouchers have a 'face value' of €12 and you then pay the difference between that and the cost of your hotel breakfast. Again, it depends on which hotel you are staying in as to how much that will be - for example at the Cheyenne it is an extra €7pp but the other hotels are more since their breakfasts cost more.

The lunch/dinner vouchers also have a 'face value' - how much that is will depend on if you are on the standard, plus or premium plan. You can choose to use your voucher at a restaurant that is the same category as your plan, in which case your meal and one drink will be fully covered. Alternatively you can visit a higher category restaurant and use the face value of the voucher towards the cost of the meal and pay the extra out of your own pocket.

For example a standard half board adult voucher has a face value of €28 - if you chose a character dinner at Cafe Mickey that costs €65 for a set menu - you would hand over your voucher and then pay the extra €37 in cash (plus extra for any drinks you have had).

I hope that makes sense and I haven't rambled on and confused matters!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 18, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
LufcDeb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by CCFCRJ View Post
Hi everyone...we are going to DLP in October half term and got a great deal including the free half board. Now from advice on here I think we get a counter service brekkie at a specific restaurant and then get a choice of several buffet restaurants for the meal. Can you upgrade this to an upper 'level' as such that gives a proper buffet breakfast (I had this at WDW on our dining plan) and any idea on cost? Also would like to do a character meal. Would you need to book separate or can you upgrade?
Which hotel are you staying at? There are 3 levels of meal plan depending where you stay

Debs
LufcDeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 18, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
CCFCRJ
Very Serious Dibber

Sorry staying at the Santa Fe, so it'll be the basic level. I think that makes sense though Stubbs, you basically pay the difference between the value of your voucher and the cost of the meal at the restaurant?
CCFCRJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 18, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by CCFCRJ View Post
Sorry staying at the Santa Fe, so it'll be the basic level. I think that makes sense though Stubbs, you basically pay the difference between the value of your voucher and the cost of the meal at the restaurant?
Thats the one, you will have standard vouchers staying in Santa Fe so they will be worth €28 for adults and €16 for children.

Breakfast wise Santa Fe is the same cost as Cheyenne so it would be around €7 to upgrade from the counter service to the hotel buffet.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 18, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellemum
Excited about Disney

Can you only use the breakfast voucher in the specific restaurant in the park or pay to upgrade in the hotel. DD is staying at the Cheyenne and I wondered if it could be used in Starbucks. Also does anyone know what the breakfast and buffet dinner is like at the Cheyenne as DD and friends are fussy eaters. Thanks.
Bellemum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 18, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Breakfast at Cheyenne is, I think, still all cold options (I have seen mentions of being able to pay extra for hot but I don't know if that is the case). Basically cereal, yoghurt, fruit, pastries, bread, cheeses, cold meats, and bread for toast (there is a toaster you can use).

You can pay to use the breakfast voucher in the hotel.

I have seen mention of being able to use the voucher in Starbucks and also in New York Style Sandwiches in the Village.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List