Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 20 Jan 17, 12:08 AM  
Link to this Post
LittleMiss36
Excited about Disney

We are currently saving virgin miles for a trip to Vegas in 2020 for my husbands 40th. We've never spent miles before only saved them. Does anyone know can I book one way Economy and one way UC with miles? Or do I have to book both ways Economy then upgrade?
Ideally we would fly UC both ways but I'm not sure that I'll be able to save quite that much before we go. Will be trying my hardest though!

87 - 89 - 93 - All @ Gateway Inn, Kirkman Rd. 97 - Holiday Inn Express, IDrive. 99 - Econolodge, Kissimmee. 00 - Quality Inn, IDrive. 01 - Villa, Windwood Cay. 07 - Villa, Indian point. 13 - Villa, Windsor Hills. 17 - Villa, Windsor Hills. 22 - NY/Washington DC/Sapphire falls. 23 - POFQ/Formosa Gdns/Marco Island. 24 - Dockside I&S
LittleMiss36 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 17, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Stevelovesfl
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by LittleMiss36 View Post
We are currently saving virgin miles for a trip to Vegas in 2020 for my husbands 40th. We've never spent miles before only saved them. Does anyone know can I book one way Economy and one way UC with miles? Or do I have to book both ways Economy then upgrade?
Ideally we would fly UC both ways but I'm not sure that I'll be able to save quite that much before we go. Will be trying my hardest though!
Bood UC & economy either way round in one go. You should be able to save enough miles by 2019! Great way to spend a 40th birthday BTW.
Stevelovesfl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 17, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
poohsfriend
Excited about Disney

We went last year with BA - premium economy out and Business back. Business was on an AA plane which was swapped out after we booked to the new better business class. It was a dream. Trouble is it spoilt us. I had thought the PE was good.
Needless to say this year we are flying Virgin Upper Class both ways but this will be our last major holiday for some time - or at least until the kids leave home as we will be broke! Younger DS is now trying to work out what GCSE options to take to help him find a career where he can afford to live like that all the time!
Old 20 Jan 17, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Virgin UC is a double edged sword.

Firstly it's a great product and you will live it all from the LHR/LGW lounges (other UK airports come out worse as virgin don't have a clubhouse at these) to the flight itself and the massive luggage amount.

Of course negatively it comes with a huge price tag and it just isn't worth that (unless someone else is paying or you get it as a reward seat)

It's great but at the same price (or more) than the rest of the holiday I'd be happy with sitting in the back if I was paying with my own cash
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 17, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Cpt Underpants
Apprentice Imagineer

I hope you have a fantastic flight and a wonderful experience! I am sure you will absolutely love every darn minute! I hope we can do it someday, we thought Aer Lingus Business Class last year was fantastic but UC is the next level completely
Old 20 Jan 17, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Stevelovesfl
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Virgin UC is a double edged sword.

Firstly it's a great product and you will live it all from the LHR/LGW lounges (other UK airports come out worse as virgin don't have a clubhouse at these) to the flight itself and the massive luggage amount.

Of course negatively it comes with a huge price tag and it just isn't worth that (unless someone else is paying or you get it as a reward seat)

It's great but at the same price (or more) than the rest of the holiday I'd be happy with sitting in the back if I was paying with my own cash
Some of us don't get a choice, the other half is a very nervous flyer and the only way I can get her to fly is in UC. If it were just me then I'd go economy and have more money to spend at the other end on shopping.
Stevelovesfl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 17, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
TRACCOOPER
Excited about Disney

We (DH, DD18, DS 15 & me) flew return UC for the first time on our trip to California. We paid cash but did a boomerang via Dublin. Well worth the price we paid but not full cash value from London when paying for 4.

Would we do it again? Yes when there is just the 2 of us unless the kids want to pay for themselves!

Very attentive service, great food, luggage allowance that you couldn't possibly use under normal family holiday circumstances.

Great experience even if you only manage to do it once in your lifetime.
TRACCOOPER is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 17, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
stationeryguru
Imagineer

stationeryguru's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
We saved our miles and booked to fly UC out to Orlando in September from Manchester. NEVER thought we would do it so I'm MEGA excited!

We are in 9A & 9K on the first flight of the day. I've been watching all the YouTube videos I can find and I'm even considering doing my own UC Vlog

1989 - Disneymoon, 1991 - QIP & Indian Rocks, 1993 - MIC Lakefront & St Pete's, 1998 - QII & St Pete's Beach, 2001 - ASM, 2003 - QII & Clearwater, 2005 - CBR, 2007 - QIP, 2009 - Dibb Villa Crimbo, 2010 - POFQ, 2011 - Orange Lake Resort, 2012 - Enclave Suites, 2013 Dibb villa, 2014 - Vistana Villages, 2015 - Bahama Bay, 2016 - Bahama Bay, 2017 UC for our 50th + Dibb Villa
stationeryguru is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 17, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
alisonjones
Imagineer

alisonjones's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 20
We did it last year. Amazing loved it. We were the only ones in the cabin who had not done it before. We were UC virgins lol. Loved loved it. Trouble is doubt if we will be able to do it again. we really liked the way we arrived so much fresher. On the way home we were delayed on the runway a little while. Were we bothered like we would have been in Economy? No, didn't even batt an eyelid. Happy planning and enjoy
Old 21 Jan 17, 05:53 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by covgirl View Post
So after years of saving our air miles, me and my husband are off to Orlando in Upper Class in June, seats 6 A & K. Very very excited! Would love to hear your experiences of UC?
Dreadful service... first you get an exclusive check-in, usually with nobody in front, then preferential boarding, canny food, attentive crew, 22" wide, very comfy, seats... we're currently on our second UC trip as we needed to be sure it really was so bad first time around, likely we'll be checking again for this winter too, purely out of interest

Nah, it's a great way to fly covgirl, especially if you can get a decent fare. Altho our final destination is 150 miles south of Orlando, VA is our choice of carrier then we drive down. If you're prepared to surf, perhaps cut a corner or two, UC fares don't have to be unattainable. Winter of 2015/16 we snagged Dublin to MCO UC fares of £850pp (VA wanted £2600, no chance). Easy Newcastle to Dublin flight, a couple of nights with friends then onward to Man, overnight there afore hitting VA check in at 10.15am(ish), thro, in our instances, an empty security and onto the boarding gate. First to board, settled in with champers if you wish, we stick to water. Crew very attentive, take your lunch order, set up your large table and regularly check if anybody wants drink. The crew manager pops in and has a bit chat. The whole experience is relaxed and stress free. This current trip we used our miles for reward seats paying £424pp in taxes and fees. Our seat selection is 6A & K return.

Here's a matrix on UC meal service - virginatlantic/conten..._2016_v1 .pdf - they have a trolley by the galley that contains odds and ends, small bags of crisps, biscuits, that kind of thing plus a bowl of fruit on the bar. You won't go hungry as they have a varied menu. VA no longer offer the 'afternoon tea' as it used to be, now you get a pack of sandwiches and a couple/few bite sized cakes, but it's nice, if the sandwiches aren't to your liking you have other options.

If returning UC pick up your Delta Lounge passes from check-in, thro security/monorail... as you leave the monorail walk down the ramp and turn immediate left, go up in the elevator into the lounge. They announced our flight last May and a VA rep was waiting to accompany us straight thro the boarding gate onto the aircraft. You have plenty of time to settle in, and so much room to move around whilst doing so. The crew dished out sleep suits and offer to make the seat into a lie flat bed at your convenience. There is a large selection on your IFE with a good pair of 'over the ear's headphones. On the night flight the cabin is very dark and most pax sleep their way over the Atlantic, waking up to a 'full English' if they wish.

I'm sure you won't be disappointed covgirl, enjoy the experience and have a smashing holiday
ChrisS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List