Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 14 Aug 17, 05:18 AM  
Link to this Post
macjaddie
Getting Excited

Mobile

We got to ride it the other week, it's a nice ride. I always like watching the movies in the queue
macjaddie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 17, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post

Cannot believe they have closed this given all the other closures in Hollywood Studios.

This is now a park to miss, so little to do and it is absolutely rammed.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 17, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mick View Post
We last rode it in 2010. We always seemed to regularly get the gangster baddy so we asked the CM who was loading when was the bad cowboy due. She asked us to miss that ride and wait for the next one.

Mick
We've only ever had the gangster, didn't even know there was a cowboy.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 17, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Harry
Imagineer

Harry's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Real shame... I'll miss the lovely breeze from the props' of Humphrey Bogart's plane... oh and Tarzan bellowing out a cry above my head

"... he is moving like a TREMENDOUS machine... "
Harry is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 17, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Darge
Getting Excited

I'll be sad to see this go. I've always loved the (albeit tenuous) link this park has to the movies, and how they hammed up the feeling that it was a working movie studio. This ride always played a big part in that.

I've often thought how i'd love to be a CM working on this ride, especially acting as one of the bad guys!

I'll definitely miss it, and it's a shame that HS is at the moment a skeleton of a park. However I do have faith that once all the new attractions are in place that with hindsight, it will have been the right call.
Universal & WDW 2025! 4 Nights at Portifino Bay & 11 Nights at POFQ
Darge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 17, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

It is probably time for s change but we love these 'easy' rides that you can take the kids and grandma on. I hope they replace it with something similar as not everyone wants a thrill ride.

With this gone, Hollywood Studios is very sparse at the minute. We have visited twice in the last two weeks and struggled to find anything to use a fastpasses on. We love Toy Story Mania and I quite like Star Tours. We aren't interested in the Tower of Terror or RnRC. So we struggled a lot after that.

I can recommend the music of Pixar. It was lovely and something really different.
But they need to get something opened soon as it's desperately poor at the moment.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 17, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post

Oh! How I'd love to own that Wicked Witch of the West animatronic. Please, Disney, PLEASE!

Old 14 Aug 17, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
I hope they replace it with something similar as not everyone wants a thrill ride.
They are replacing it with this:

D23 announcement - Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway to replace the Great Movie ride at DHS:

The most famous mouse of all has never had his own attraction—until now. Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway will allow guests to step through the movie screen and find themselves inside a Mickey Mouse cartoon short in an exciting new attraction.
Old 14 Aug 17, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Mouseketeer
Trainee Dibber

I'll be sad to see it go but it was in need of an overhaul. I'm sure that the new Mickey and Minnie ride will be amazing but I'm just feeling a bit sad that I haven't been able to ride it one more time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2014 WL, RPR & GF, 2012 POR & Grand Floridian, 2011 POR & Grand Floridian, 2010 POR, 2002 POR, 2000 Dixie Landings (POR) for our Disney Wedding, 1997 Dixie Landings, 1994 Sheraton World Resort Int Dr
Mouseketeer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 17, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
PABBY
Excited about Disney

I'm another who's going to really miss this attraction, though I guess you maybe had to be of a certain age to appreciate much of its content, particularly the black & white films. In the days of just 3 UK TV channels, during the school holidays you either watched the black & white films or did without!

We last rode it in June last year and our DD & DS (18 and 15 at the time) had no idea about most of them, so it didn't hold their interest. They spent most of the ride searching for hidden Mickeys!
PABBY is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List