Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 19 Aug 17, 04:31 AM  
Link to this Post

Disappointed with as at Yak & Yeti

I know this place is popular and it was our favourite last visit but this evening we were really disappointed.

We had a mixture of teriyaki beef & honey chicken both served with rice in a plastic dish (we used to like the boxes). We were so looking forward to this but it just was not as good as we remembered from last time.

Also, not sure if this has been posted, they now have two sizes of chicken fried rice. The old size, orange box, is no longer a snack credit. The new snack credit box is about a third the size. In my option this would not be enough to have for many people as a meal. Sorry, should have gotten a pic.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 17, 07:11 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

I take it you mean the quick service? That's disappointing about the chicken fried rice. We were hoping to have that for lunch one day.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 17, 07:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Mia_
slightly serious Dibber

I never had the QS but the TS was let down for us.
Mia_ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 17, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

We had the same dishes serviced in a plastic dish last September so it must have been like that for a while, or they use them if they run out of boxes!
It's a shame it wasn't as good as your previous visit. We had QS and TS in May and it was great both times but reading someone's trip report from April they didn't have a good experience with the QS either so it seems to be a little bit and miss.
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 17, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
I take it you mean the quick service? That's disappointing about the chicken fried rice. We were hoping to have that for lunch one day.
Yes sorry, should have said quick service.

I would say the chicken fried rice snack box is about 2 inches square.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 17, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
AliceCooper9
Apprentice Imagineer

Yak and Yeti been couple of times for TS unfortunately average food.
AliceCooper9 is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 17, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Mobile

We had the plastic boxes back in 2013! I've never had an orange box Sorry you found it disappointing, I don't massively rate the QS but like the TS when we are not on DDP.
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR. - 2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2022 - April Poly, SSR, WLV
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 17, 05:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Triciamcl
VIP Dibber

Triciamcl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
We had the orange boxes in October 2015. So disappointed to read this as this one was one of our fav places for lunch whether on QS or not, was looking forward to returning, not sure whether to replace this on my plan or not now, I have really small appetite and very rarely finish a meal but not sure if this would be sufficient for DH

2010 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2011 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2012 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2015 POFQ, RPR and DOUBLETREE RESORT
2017 POFQ

2022 POFQ & Cabana Bay
Triciamcl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 17, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I have to say I found the boxes quite annoying anyway. All the meat was at the top with the rice at the bottom and I found it hard to eat.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 17, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Sweetie Babes
VIP Dibber

Sweetie Babes's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 32

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
We haven't eaten there since they stopped doing the sweet and sour chicken. The honey chicken is just way too sickly and cloying - and yes, we had it in the boxes, and all the sauce completely drowned the rice and made that inedible, too.

We were looking forward to getting the snack size chicken fried rice, and I am very disappointed that it's not a proper meal-size portion any more. They used to do two egg rolls as one snack and halved that to only one, so it's really poor value now.
Nov03: 14nts Travelodge/ Feb05: 10nts HI Sunspree/ Aug06: 10nts HI Sunspree/ Apr08: 10nts villa White Oak Circle/ Feb11: 14nts condo Sweetwater Circle/ Feb12: 10nts condo Sweetwater/ Feb13: 10nts condo Sweetwater/ Feb14: 7nts CBR/ Mar15: 14nts AoA/ Nov15: 7nts OKW(DVC)/ Aug16: 2nts BLT/ 6nts AKL/ Sep17: 8nts OKW/3nts BLT/ Sep18: 1nt GFV/9nts OKW/ Feb19: 5nts POR/3nts GFV/ Feb20: 8nts AKL/ Apr22: 3nts OKW/8nts GFV / May23: 9nts BLT / Apr24: 14nts villa Seasons Blvd
Sweetie Babes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List