Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 19 Aug 17, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Grimdogg
Trying for More Ears

Offsite guest looking for help regarding dining options.

Hello there all.

We are staying offsite during our visit next year - for anyone else who has stayed offsite what did you do regarding meals? I am thinking we will mix eating in the parks with grabbing all you can eat buffets outside of the parks depending on our day plans. I do have some questions however!

Is it advisable to stay and have dinner in the many restaurants at Disney?

What did you do regarding lunch and breakfast?

What is the price per head for a typical restaurant at Disney?

Thank you Mark.

Thank you
Old 19 Aug 17, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
clairenutter
Apprentice Imagineer

Hey,

It really depends on what you and your party prefer.

As a rule we tended to have a coffee and a muffin or donut for breakfast (not very healthy but worked for us) We would then have either a sandwich of snack around lunchtime and a main meal in the evening. Some days because of ADR's we had we would have a lite snack around lunch time and eat our main meal later afternoon between 1600 - 1700.

I am sorry I can't honestly remember how much we spent on meals.

We tended to eat meals in the parks or at Disney Springs. Its really like I said earlier what works best with your plans and works for you and your party. We for example were not travelling with children. We were not staying on site but we could walk to Disney Springs from our hotel.
California - Sheraton Disneyland 04
DLP - Hotel Cheyenne 05
clairenutter is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 17, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
amandajane10
Imagineer

amandajane10's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
We always have breakfast in the villa and take snacks and water to the parks and either head back to villa or eat out somewhere. We occasionally buy lunch in Disney.
Villa Holiday May 2018
Planning Easter 2020
amandajane10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 17, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We've never stayed on site and haven't been to the parks since 2010 so maybe not much help to you.

However when we did go (and we still do this anyway ) we always had a substantial breakfast at the likes of Golden Corral (buffet), iHOP or Bob Evans. This set us up for the day and we only needed a snack at lunch time.

Mick
Old 19 Aug 17, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

Check out Millers. They hace specials offers on different nights of the week. It's good value and very filling, and ,such cheaper than Disney onsite!

I would do that, and the buffets like like Golden Coral and Sweet Tomatoes, throw in a Cici's and you can afford the odd Disney meal.

Also, a breakfast at Dennys / Ihop would keep you going for most of day, and you could make do with a snack in park then. They are well priced.
stupet11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 17, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
lollypop5
Earning My Ears

Here at the moment off site. Disney food can work out expensive we are a family of 5.Look ot free voucher books and sign up for e mails to get free buffets and offers. Golden Corral we had a free "Birthday Buffet " CICIs 2 free coupons as we paid seperate at the till. Love Mannys happy hour. Go for breakfast, Lunch or happy hour dinners as its cheaper.A big late breakfast is fab and get free water in parks and take snacks. Ice cream drive though great $4 foe a huge icecream u can share. loo out for the the icecream shaped huts on the side of the road. Have fun xx
lollypop5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 17, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I currently planning this and doing my budget split . There are 5 of us all adult meals and we do a mix , we've saved hard for this holiday and the third time we've done it this way and it works well for us. We go oct /Nov so 14 hr park days are not unusual so we tend to eat in the park at least once most park days . Breakfast is at the condo unless I've booked something . Some meals ( especially character ones , the castle is for our wedding anniversary and my birthday ) are a big part of our holiday so we're budgeted for when booking ( onsite with free dining isn't always feasible when you need 3 bedrooms .)

So Ohana ( may drop this ) , garden grill, Crystal Palace , tusker house all breakfast servings and all $200 each ( tax and tip inc) . Breakfast can be very filling and choose a decent time you won't need lunch .
Tony town square festival package $310 ( tax and tip )
Via Napoli dinner approx $200
Cinderella royal table lunch $395.50
Dessert party plaza $295
Bog dinner approx $300
La hacienda dinner $200 approx
Dine with shamu. £100
D lux or blaze $100
All meals include soft drink and dessert but not starters ( can't manage those unless we share one) .
Discovery cove all day covered all inclusive.
Offsite longhorns, Cheesecake Factory, IHOP , Perkins . Will look at menus and try to budget a realistic amount .
Some if these apart from the prepaid ones may get dropped dependent on how we feel while out there as well but budgeted for anyway .
We pick up park snacks if we need to they range around $6-10 but can be shared.
We don't drink alcohol in restaurants ( and driving anyway ) as that really bumps up the bill.
Cheaper options are obviously available Hope this helps
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 17, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink 45
VIP Dibber

Hi we have stayed off site a few times we often eat breakfast in the villa but feel its worth a trip to
Denny's
Cracker Barrel
Both for breakfast, for dinner, we love
Bahamas Breeze
Longhorn Steakhouse
Outback

Lunch is usually a quick bite in the parks, however if we are shopping there are always lovely choices in the food courts

Not sure if this is helpful. Enjoy wherever you choose xx
Tink 45 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 17, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We tend to stay onsite with free dining and for that reason I can say I wouldn't eat dinner in the parks. It's far too expensive. Have breakfast before you leave and plan to lunch in the parks and have dinner in one of the cheaper restaurants near where you're staying. Where are you staying?

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 17, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Mobile

We just get a quick service meal in the parks some days but we avoid the restuarants as they are quite over priced.
There are so many places at eat outside the parks.

We get snacks to take to the parks to keep us going.