Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 20 Aug 17, 12:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Grimdogg
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by mick View Post
We've never stayed on site and haven't been to the parks since 2010 so maybe not much help to you.

However when we did go (and we still do this anyway ) we always had a substantial breakfast at the likes of Golden Corral (buffet), iHOP or Bob Evans. This set us up for the day and we only needed a snack at lunch time.

Mick
Did you still make it in time when getting to the theme parks like this though? I've read so much advice that steers you to arrive at the parks as early as possible - would grabbing breakfast at golden coral impact this?
Old 20 Aug 17, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Grimdogg View Post
Did you still make it in time when getting to the theme parks like this though? I've read so much advice that steers you to arrive at the parks as early as possible - would grabbing breakfast at golden coral impact this?
That's why we grab a few early character breakfasts . It's your holiday so tailor it for your needs. There is no wrong or right. Mostly it's down to budget for most people and they don't feel the onsite meals are worth it. When your child is stood in awe at characters at breakfast it's worth every penny that's why we love Florida, no 2 holidays are the same have a great holiday.
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 17, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Grimdogg View Post
Maybe I wasn't the right person to help really. Although we haven't done the parks for years in our first 25 trips we must have visited individual WDW parks at least 150 times in total and I can only recall being there for one rope drop ever. We used to get there fairly leisurely at say 9.30 and often go back to the villa for a swim mid-day returning to the park late pm.

That wasn't meant to sound "boastful" or anything like that - just saying that our visits have changed considerably over the years.

Bearing in mind also that for maybe 80% of our trips there was just the two of us.

You will need to check your local GC opening times but even at 7.30 you will be eating at 7.31 You could be finished an parked up by 8.30.

Mick
Old 22 Aug 17, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

Hi,

We stayed on site last year, but ate on and offsite... here's a link to my food report which will give you an idea of food prices and quality too!

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...d.php?t=971015

Happy planning!
4holibobs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List