Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 28 Aug 17, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by MarkUK View Post
Always found the best BA prices to be in their post Xmas/new year sale myself rather than the September one
It was the BA flydrives that were a bargain last September rather than flight only. Brilliant prices though if you need car hire anyway.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 17, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Rossmasa
Very Serious Dibber

This Cardiff glitch on opodo, do you actually have to take the part of the journey from Cardiff to Gatwick ?

As for my dates in July/August its £602 for a direct flight on BA .

I live in London so could go straight to gatwick ?
Caribbean Beach Resort August 2016
Coronado Springs Resort August 2014, 2015, 2017 2018, 2019 (Gran Destino)
Art Of Animation December 2021 2022
Rossmasa is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 17, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Warkman58
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rossmasa View Post
This Cardiff glitch on opodo, do you actually have to take the part of the journey from Cardiff to Gatwick ?

As for my dates in July/August its £602 for a direct flight on BA .

I live in London so could go straight to gatwick ?
If the first flight is from Cardiff then if you don't take the first flight, the whole ticket is cancelled as a no show
Villa Formosa Gardens, Flights BA/Aer Lingus
20th August 2016 to 3rd September 2016,
Warkman58 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 17, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Warkman58 View Post
If the first flight is from Cardiff then if you don't take the first flight, the whole ticket is cancelled as a no show
Except the first leg isn't a flight ... it's ground transportation .
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 17, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Rossmasa
Very Serious Dibber

Yes no flights involved , trip from Cardiff to LGW is Train & Bus - they chucked in a flight from Bristol to Heathrow though

Worth traveling to Cardiff though if you live in Bristol as From Bristol is double the price.
Caribbean Beach Resort August 2016
Coronado Springs Resort August 2014, 2015, 2017 2018, 2019 (Gran Destino)
Art Of Animation December 2021 2022

Edited at 02:24 PM.
Rossmasa is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 17, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
CosmicGirl
Apprentice Imagineer

Yes, a train & bus which you booked under a flight number. So this is the first leg of your ticket. As I have tried to explain in this thread multiple times, by skipping the first leg of your ticket you are violating the terms of your ticket and BA has every right to deny boarding at Gatwick. Is it certain that they will? No, but I have been booking rail&fly tickets for over a decade and other airlines strictly enforce these rules.
And before you ask, yes, there are ways for BA to know if you were not on the bus or train.
So proceed at your own risk, knowing that you may very well end up at Gatwick without a valid ticket.
CosmicGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 17, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Hil
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by CosmicGirl View Post
... I have been booking rail&fly tickets for over a decade and other airlines strictly enforce these rules.
How do you search for / find rail&fly tickets? Any tips gratefully received!
Hil is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 17, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
CosmicGirl
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Hil View Post
How do you search for / find rail&fly tickets? Any tips gratefully received!
I don't live in the UK, we've had them here much longer. But a good place to start is to find the IATA code of the rail station you're looking to depart from, then look for flights with that IATA code as the point of departure.
CosmicGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 17, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
joanna23
Imagineer

joanna23's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by CosmicGirl View Post
Yes, a train & bus which you booked under a flight number. So this is the first leg of your ticket. As I have tried to explain in this thread multiple times, by skipping the first leg of your ticket you are violating the terms of your ticket and BA has every right to deny boarding at Gatwick. Is it certain that they will? No, but I have been booking rail&fly tickets for over a decade and other airlines strictly enforce these rules.
And before you ask, yes, there are ways for BA to know if you were not on the bus or train.
So proceed at your own risk, knowing that you may very well end up at Gatwick without a valid ticket.
Would it be possible to pick up the tickets but not actually travel using the bus/train? We live 20 minutes away from starting point so could initiate our ticket but not get on the bus! Would that be ok?
August 2006 RPR & Rosen Plaza; August 2008 RPR & Regal Sun; August 2009 RPR & Buena Vista Palace; July/August 2010 RPR & SSR; July/August 2011 & 2012 Loews Miami Beach, RPR & SSR; 2013 SSR & RPR: 2014 Rosen Plaza, SSR & RPR; 2015 Renaissance, RPR & SSR;2016 Cabana Bay, SSR & RPR; 2018 CB, Portofino, SSR 2019 St Petes, Renaissance & SSR
joanna23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 17, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
CosmicGirl
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by joanna23 View Post
Would it be possible to pick up the tickets but not actually travel using the bus/train? We live 20 minutes away from starting point so could initiate our ticket but not get on the bus! Would that be ok?
Please read the last 10 pages or so of the first thread, as we've already been over this.
Closed Thread